State Street Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 18, 2017

2.5

62 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at State Street.

Interview

The interview process was average. The interviewer was nice and made me feel comfortable. I asked some question about State Street, the person did not know how to answer me.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for State Street

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at State Street in February 2017.

Interview

One pre-screen phone interview and one normal interview, both about 15-25 minutes with all behavioral questions. Very straightforward. I interviewed within Global Operations so some questions were definitely suited for that, but interested in how you work on a team.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at State Street (San Francisco, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

pretty straight forward. didn't ask anything hard. it seemed more like a casual interview rather than techinical. didn't find the interview any stressful and spend a good hour talking with the interviewer about things

Intern Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at State Street in November 2016.

Interview

Very sweet interviewer. Spent a lot of time providing important info in the beginning of the call, and then asked basic questions. Prepare how you would for a basic interview, as the questions are fairly general based on background, education, interests and things like that. What are your strengths and weaknesses as well. It took a while for them to get back, i assume a lot of applicants are applying to this corporation. There is a huge possibility of a second interview round which might be over the phone or face to face depending upon the prefrence of the interviewer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at State Street (Boston, MA) in March 2016.

Interview

Applied on campus, got the first on campus interview a week later. All behavior questions, the lady was very nice but I wasn't well prepared so didn't get the next round. They did notify me the result after 3 weeks so overall it was a nice experience. As I've heard the final round was case presentation.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at State Street (Boston, MA) in February 2016.

Interview

very laid back for one interviewer and straight forward for the others, some serious, some casual. For this position, I gotten 4 different interviewers, I guess that was a little stressful and unexpected from regular traditional interviews. Head Interview gave the interns a tour of the department before starting the interview.

Interview Questions

• Why State Street?
      What do you know about ( what the department deals with)   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at State Street (Kansas City, MO) in February 2016.

Interview

After applying, you must complete a phone interview. After the phone interview if they wish to proceed with you, you will then meet in-person at their office location. The phone interview is more casual. They discuss the company and want to know what team you are interested in working with. They send a PowerPoint with information over the company and much of the discussion is over that. The in-person interview was more personal. You meet with a couple people in one setting and they ask questions and write down your responses.

Interview Questions

• What is a struggle you have faced and how did you overcome it?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at State Street (Kansas City, MO) in February 2016.

Interview

Easy and very typical questions. Asked a lot about my prior work experience. Seemed very personable and easy to talk to, did not simply ask interview questions. It was probably to gauge my personality throughout talking with me.

Interview Questions

• What can you do to better our company?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at State Street (Boston, MA) in January 2016.

Interview

Apply before the deadline and wait for a phone call to set up an interview. Interview with someone from university relations, usually very relaxed, nothing crazy and you get a decision back within two weeks of the interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at State Street (Sacramento, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

Over the phone interview. Asked if I knew about the company background. Also asked questions about my involvement with school, outside activities and work. Also asked about hobbies and interests and what I like to do outside of work. The interview phone call lasted 30 mins to 45 mins. Do research.

Interview Questions

• Describe a difficult situation?   1 Answer