State Street Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

State Street Intern Interview Questions

Updated Apr 3, 2017

2.5

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at State Street in February 2017.

Interview

One pre-screen phone interview and one normal interview, both about 15-25 minutes with all behavioral questions. Very straightforward. I interviewed within Global Operations so some questions were definitely suited for that, but interested in how you work on a team.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for State Street

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at State Street (San Francisco, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

pretty straight forward. didn't ask anything hard. it seemed more like a casual interview rather than techinical. didn't find the interview any stressful and spend a good hour talking with the interviewer about things

Intern Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at State Street in November 2016.

Interview

Very sweet interviewer. Spent a lot of time providing important info in the beginning of the call, and then asked basic questions. Prepare how you would for a basic interview, as the questions are fairly general based on background, education, interests and things like that. What are your strengths and weaknesses as well. It took a while for them to get back, i assume a lot of applicants are applying to this corporation. There is a huge possibility of a second interview round which might be over the phone or face to face depending upon the prefrence of the interviewer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at State Street (Boston, MA) in March 2016.

Interview

Applied on campus, got the first on campus interview a week later. All behavior questions, the lady was very nice but I wasn't well prepared so didn't get the next round. They did notify me the result after 3 weeks so overall it was a nice experience. As I've heard the final round was case presentation.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at State Street (Boston, MA) in February 2016.

Interview

very laid back for one interviewer and straight forward for the others, some serious, some casual. For this position, I gotten 4 different interviewers, I guess that was a little stressful and unexpected from regular traditional interviews. Head Interview gave the interns a tour of the department before starting the interview.

Interview Questions

• Why State Street?
      What do you know about ( what the department deals with)
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at State Street (Kansas City, MO) in February 2016.

Interview

After applying, you must complete a phone interview. After the phone interview if they wish to proceed with you, you will then meet in-person at their office location. The phone interview is more casual. They discuss the company and want to know what team you are interested in working with. They send a PowerPoint with information over the company and much of the discussion is over that. The in-person interview was more personal. You meet with a couple people in one setting and they ask questions and write down your responses.

Interview Questions

• What is a struggle you have faced and how did you overcome it?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at State Street (Sacramento, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

Over the phone interview. Asked if I knew about the company background. Also asked questions about my involvement with school, outside activities and work. Also asked about hobbies and interests and what I like to do outside of work. The interview phone call lasted 30 mins to 45 mins. Do research.

Interview Questions

• Describe a difficult situation?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State Street.

Interview

1 phone interview, really straightforward. Pretty much all fit type questions. They asked some challenging leadership questions, e.g. what was a time you didn't get along with your team and how did you work to remedy it. The person who interviewed me was really nice but I think because it was a sophomore internship, it wasn't as challenging of an interview as a junior year internship.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at State Street (Boston, MA) in October 2015.

Interview

Applied through college. Process took 2 weeks. Very easy process. Got called for interview within a week. Interview was 10-15 mins. Very friendly staff. Everyone is very helpful. Work is not that stressfull.

Interview Questions

• What is Your strength?
      Have you come across any difficult situation during team work? how did you solve it?
      How well do you know excel?
      Why do you want to work for state street?
      Have you inspired anyone?how?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at State Street (Boston, MA) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview process was rather easy. The interviewer was very easy to speak with and made the entire process cruise by. Most of the questions were about my experiences in accounting, and a few technical derivative question, but most were situational.

Interview Questions

• Q: How are you with deadlines. Q: What finance classes have you taken. Q: How Comfortable are you with excel.   Answer Question