State Street Interview Questions | Glassdoor

State Street Interview Questions

Updated Apr 18, 2017

2.8

Mutual Fund Accountant Interview

Interview

Applied online, received offer for phone interview about a week later. Behavioral and extracurricular activity questions. Lasted around 30 min. Also gave an overview of the company and what you will expect.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you improved the efficiency of a system   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at State Street (Boston, MA).

Interview

Expected to be 30 minutes. Declined after 2 minutes due to visa sponsorship (even though it is not required for the Summer Internship position. Ignored the potential of the candidate and over and ended abruptly

Future Focus Program Interview

Interview

After attending State Street event on campus I was very excited to apply online for this program. So I did and nobody from the company even bothered to contact me. I had extremely high GPA and strong coursework.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State Street (Kansas City, MO).

Interview

On site interview. Interned and applied for position. Was contacted by HR rep to interview on site, did not have to do a phone interview. Interviewed with the team I would be working with of two people.

Interview Questions

• Describe four natural traits that you possess, give an example of when you streamlined a process, give an example of how you were a leader   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at State Street (Kansas City, MO) in March 2017.

Interview

While browsing a job search engine, I saw a sponsored advertisement for this position that is looking for May 2017 college graduates in Accounting, Finance, or Economics. I applied online for this position on March 13, and received an email on March 17 to set up an initial phone interview with a recruiter. The initial phone screening was straight-forward. The recruiter asked questions about experience with general ledgers, account reconciliations, and other similar concepts. The recruiter also asked general behavioral and situational type questions based on past work experiences along with questions about the types of college classes that I've taken. I received an email this morning stating that they are moving forward with another candidate. Overall, the phone screening was a positive experience.

Interview Questions

• What has been your favorite college class and why?   Answer Question
    • What was your hardest class in college?   Answer Question
    • Have you taken any accounting or finance classes, how many, and what were they?   Answer Question
    • What experience do you have working with general ledgers?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about some of the extracurricular activities that you participated in while in college.   Answer Question
    • What do you know about our company?   Answer Question

Vice President Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at State Street (Boston, MA) in March 2017.

Interview

It only takes one minute for my first round phone screening, because she just asked whether I need sponsorship or not. My answer is yes, and then she said we can't hire students who need sponsorship. Another role I interviewed with two months ago also can't sponsor me as well. I just don't get it why they can't just ask me via email, but rather need to schedule a phone appointment and then ask this question? it's a waste of time, and not professional at al..

Strategy Interview

Interview

Two interviews, first one is fit and industry trends. Decent discussion.

Second is messy number case and some "fit", interviewer behaved as a total jerk, immature and unintelligent. Didn't give clear answer to any of my questions. Guys, you have almost $30 T in custody, please send children to kindergarten, even if they are from top consulting house.

Interview Questions

• Dealing with inadequate managers. Ironically, was asked by an inadequate manager.   1 Answer

Portfolio Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at State Street (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

First round telephone interview, no tech question, just some behavior questions for 30 min. The behavior question is kind of normal and easy, you just need to prepare some stories and examples and know something about state street.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at State Street (Kansas City, KS) in February 2017.

Interview

The process was pretty basic. I applied online and was contacted about 2 weeks later for a phone interview. They asked me very general interview questions as well as questions about items that were listed on the description of the program. If I had been better prepared I would have done much better.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have working with general ledgers and reconciliations   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at State Street (Kansas City, MO).

Interview

Easy enough process. Bombed the phone interview so didn't get past it but if I had been more prepared it would've been easy. They were basic, situational interview questions along with what you've been involved with at school