State Street Accounting Specialist, Associate I Interview Questions | Glassdoor

State Street Accounting Specialist, Associate I Interview Questions

3 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Accounting Specialist, Associate I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at State Street.

Interview

Started with a phone interview with HR. Very basic questions - what is a mutual fund? What do you know about State Street?
Second interview was with group Vice President and group officer. There were a lot of situational questions to see how you think and problem solve.

Interview Questions

• All questions were pretty standard - nothing off the wall. The interview process was designed to get a feel for your personality and problem solving methodology.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate. They stated that the company does not negotiate, but with the help of this site, I was able to get a bump in pay after stating positive attributes. I thought over the original offer and didn't accept immediately.

Other Interview Reviews for State Street

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at State Street (Kansas City, MO) in May 2014.

Interview

Phone interview and on-site both consisted of entirely behavior based questions. Fairly basic and easy interview process.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you had to change your course of action to solve a problem?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiating power for entry level positions

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at State Street (Sacramento, CA).

Interview

They contacted me after I submitted my application online. I was due for a phone screen appointment that lasted about 45 minutes. At the end of the phone screen, ask them about what the next steps in the hiring process entails; and they may schedule an open house appointment for you. A confirmation email for the open house was received, containing topics that I should review: specific items from job duties, company background, etc.

The open house was schedule two weeks later for me. There was an hour of overview about the firm as well as mingling with other competitors. Afterward, you will be called to separate rooms for two sessions of in-person interviews (I had two interviewers per session). They were about an hour long each and consisted of behavioral questions as well as technical information you should have researched about.

Interview Questions

• Explain a difficult obstacle you had to overcome and what you did.   Answer Question