State Street Fund Accountant, Associate I Interview Questions | Glassdoor

State Street Fund Accountant, Associate I Interview Questions

Updated Jun 1, 2017

2.5

Fund Accountant, Associate I Interview

Interview

Phone interview with basic behavioral questions. Later an invitation to an office interview with two employees. The latter interview round consisted of technical questions relating to mutual funds and more behavioral questions. Later, you get a phone call from the HR if you got the job.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for State Street

Fund Accountant, Associate I Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State Street.

Interview

Easy, straight forward. The people who interviewed me were young people from certain departments who are not that specifically trained to perform interviews only. They just pretty much ask you questions from the sheets given by the company and write down your answers. They will not give you a hard time, that's for sure. They're not also looking for perfect answers, just be honest, say no if you don't know the answers to specific questions. They will like you if they think you can be a good team player.

Interview Questions

• Most behavioral questions, like what would you do if...   1 Answer

Fund Accountant, Associate I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at State Street.

Interview

Phone interview with basic behaviorial and Excel questions. If you pass the phone interview you are given the salary amount and the option to continue with a in-person interview. The salary is non-negotiable Then an in-person interview with 3 managers with same type of questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you foresaw a problem and prevented it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at State Street (Boston, MA) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online directly on State Street's career page. They called me after 2 days and scheduled an interview. I had the interview with two senior managers, no HR. The interview took 1 hour and they were very friendly and asked mostly behavioral type of questions (around 20 questions). However, they forgot to ask me whether as international student I have my visa or not. I have OPT, when they asked me for my social sec. number and I told them I can only get one if I'm employed, they told me they can't proceed further with the process.

Interview Questions

• How can I showcase that I'm proactive?
      What is my role in a team?
      Tell us an example when you solved a complex problem.
      Why would we hire you?
      What are your strengths?
      How do you motivate people in your team?
      What is a mutual fund?
      What would be your responsibility as Fund Accountant?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at State Street (Sacramento, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

I had an over the phone interview and after that they immediately scheduled me for an in-person interview at their Sacramento office. At the in person, they asked about my knowledge of the company, mutual funds, NAV, and a lot of behavioral questions. The in person was with three people from the company (mostly higher levels) and lasted about 40 to 45 minutes. I received an offer the following business day.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State Street (Boston, MA) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied online and got a call from HR after two weeks. Set up an interview in the following week. Was first interviewed by two people which lasted about 30 min, and then was interviewed by the manager which took about 30 min.

Fund Accountant, Associate I Interview

Interview

Went to a State Street sponsored career info session. Left my application there after the session ended and was contacted for an interview. The interview process was very simple and easy, very basic questions like why you want to work here as this was an entry level position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at State Street (South Boston, MA) in September 2014.

Interview

Applied online and heard back in about 3 days to set up the interview. The process felt very robotic, two managers each with the same S.S form with questions. Never deviated from their prepared questions even after they realized I had already answered some.

Interview Questions

• I tried my best to make the interview feel like a conversation, but it just seemed very structured.   Answer Question

Didn't seem like a good fit for me. Very low salary offer and bad hours 10-630

Fund Accountant, Associate I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at State Street.

Interview

Very quick, simple, and easy process. Applied, interviewed, and was hired within three days. They usually have large hiring rushes in May/June. Easy interview questions with people I never saw again.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation, take it or leave it

Fund Accountant, Associate I Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at State Street.

Interview

They asked what interested me about the job and why I wanted the job. The questions were pretty standard and there weren't any questions that I would say caught me off guard. The interview last for about twenty minutes. Once the interview was completed, I got a call a few days later with an offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation