State Street Fund Administrator - Associate II Interview Questions | Glassdoor

State Street Fund Administrator - Associate II Interview Questions

10 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at State Street (Boston, MA) in May 2016.

Interview

It was a good interview time, met with two global managers. If you prepare well before the interview, you should be fine. Suggestion is study back to your major material, it can help you to bring more coversation in the interview.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for State Street

Fund Administrator - Associate II Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at State Street.

Interview

Submitted a resume online and got a call back from a recruiter months later. Had a introduction phone interview with her, nothing difficult. Had in person interview with 2 managers which lasted for an hour or so. Several standard questions about work experience, behavior type questions. Got a call back a couple of days later with an offer

Fund Administrator - Associate II Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State Street.

Interview

Applied online and the process took about a week and a half. Human resources contacted me and I went into their office for a face to face interview a few days later. Met with three separate people. The first person I met with just read behavioral questions off of a sheet that were all different variations of each other. Felt as though I was just repeating myself over and over and didn't really see what any of these questions had to do with the job I was applying for. The second person I met with was a little bit more relaxed. He asked a few behavioral questions but we spent most of the time talking about my experience and the position I was interviewing for. The third person I met with was the best of the three. Spent the whole time in comfortable conversation talking about position/experience/why this job would be a good fit for me - no behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you have had to deal with a conflict in a group setting and how did you go about resolving it?   Answer Question

Fund Administrator - Associate II Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at State Street.

Interview

Hiring is way more laid back then HR would have you believe. If you are going for a Financial Reporting (FR) position, you will most likely get it. FR has such high turnover that HR is constantly looking to fill spots. Be careful, the recruiter will tell you turnover is low and the group is great just so you say yes and accept the offer. Client operations is more difficult to get into because everyone in Fund Admin wants to go there just to get out of FR. Usually you're up against people who have a connection and have more fund admin experience.
    Interview was with an officer and then a couple of managers. It's mostly fit questions more than anything. If you're invited to an interview they have already looked at your resume and assume you have the right background so they'll usually just ask you what your current role is.

Interview Questions

• Do you know how the expense structure of a fund works?   1 Answer

Negotiation

None. SS has a habit of not paying well and HR makes a point to negotiate as little as possible. They know most people want to leave their current group so many candidates are desperate just for the offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at State Street (Boston, MA) in January 2013.

Interview

- Basic behavioral phone interview with HR
    - Fund Admin hire day consisted of three rounds of interview with three different groups.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions, mangers just wanted to see if your experience matches what they were looking for. Just be prepared to talk about your resume.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at State Street (Boston, MA) in November 2012.

Interview

HR phone interviewed first then got in person interview with hiring managers. Had two hiring managers interviewed and after couple days got the phone call from HR that I got the job.

Fund Administrator - Associate II Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at State Street in May 2012.

Interview

Went for one interview with two interviewers, behavior questions based, got a call back several weeks later and got hired. There was not much room for negotiation in terms of salary but I did get more sign on bonus in the end.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was not much room to negotiate. I did get more sign on bonus but was not able to increase the salary.

Fund Administrator - Associate II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I interviewed at State Street (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in January 2013.

Interview

Initial contact by HR and followed by Interview and competency test before interview.

Negotiation

Non-negoitation.

Fund Administrator - Associate II Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at State Street in May 2011.

Interview

Internal Promotion. Applied for the position. Got a phone call from HR within a week. HR scheduled the interview. Had the interview two weeks after HR's initial notice. HR extended an offer the day after the interview. Was able to negotiate for a very small amount. Accepted the offer a few days after HR extended the offer.

Interview Questions

• Have you had any experience in improving a business process?   Answer Question

Fund Administrator - Associate II Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at State Street in October 2010.

Interview

Since I was an intern prior to being re-hired, I had an interview with just one HR talent recruiter. Usually, they have 3 people interviewing the same person, from the department you are getting hired, and then decide collectively. The questions were pretty standard behavioural type, like most of the places nowadays. The STAR approach always works in these cases (Situation, Task, Action, Result). In terms of the interview, nothing special to report on.
    I believe when you have an interview with the people from within a specific department, they would ask you more detailed questions about your knowledge on specific topics.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had a conflict with a coworker/manager and how you handled it.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I accepted the salary I was offered, since it was my first job, I was not in the situation to negotiate. As posted in Salaries, this company is not too competitive, so depending on your experience of course, you perhaps could get a higher salary. I doubt it though.