State Street Accountant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

State Street Accountant Interview Questions

Updated Apr 18, 2017

2.6

Mutual Fund Accountant Interview

Interview

Applied online, received offer for phone interview about a week later. Behavioral and extracurricular activity questions. Lasted around 30 min. Also gave an overview of the company and what you will expect.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you improved the efficiency of a system   1 Answer

Fund Accountant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at State Street.

Interview

Got a phone call from a requiter that has no connection with the actual people who are working there.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at State Street.

Interview

First you interview with recruiter and then in person interview with two managers. It was a very laid back experience and felt very comfortable without. It was very much a personality test, as it was an interview.

Fund Accountant, Associate I Interview

Interview

Phone interview with basic behavioral questions. Later an invitation to an office interview with two employees. The latter interview round consisted of technical questions relating to mutual funds and more behavioral questions. Later, you get a phone call from the HR if you got the job.

Accounting Assistant, Associate II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at State Street (Kansas City, MO) in May 2016.

Interview

Phone interview - 30 min at most- nice person called to ask questions. Took about 20 min at most to be done. Mostly, questions where based on "tell me a story when" and background/experience. Was told my resume will be forwarded to hiring department crew.
    Waiting on reply for a one on one interview. Will update as it comes.

Mutual Fund Accounting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at State Street (Sacramento, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

There were three stages: (1) selection through resume, (2) first-round phone interviews, and (3) on-site/phone interviews. Overall, I had a positive experience. First-round interviewer was kind and enthusiastic. The 2nd-round interviewers were not as friendly when I spoke to them on the phone. I am waiting to hear back from them.

Interview Questions

• Q: Tell us about a time where you made a bad decision.   Answer Question

Fund Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at State Street (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

It was straight forward. I was contacted by a recruiter through email. I would definitely advise anyone to get a recruiters email (go on to Linkedin to find a recruiter) , if you are serious about working for this company. Contacting a recruiter seems to be the best way to actually getting an interview. Once I was contacted, we set up an interview time. So the first interview was over the phone. The second was a 1:1.

Interview Questions

Interview

The interview was with two hiring managers for two different teams for the same job. The managers were friendly, professional, and approachable. The questions were a mix of experience history and answering scenario questions.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State Street.

Interview

Easy, straight forward. The people who interviewed me were young people from certain departments who are not that specifically trained to perform interviews only. They just pretty much ask you questions from the sheets given by the company and write down your answers. They will not give you a hard time, that's for sure. They're not also looking for perfect answers, just be honest, say no if you don't know the answers to specific questions. They will like you if they think you can be a good team player.

Interview Questions

• Most behavioral questions, like what would you do if...   1 Answer

Interview

They asked behavioral interview questions and went through experience. Pretty straight forward questions. There was an initial phone screen and then an in person interview and then they made the offer the next day.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you couldn't complete a task on time. What did you do?   Answer Question