State Street Interview Questions | Glassdoor

State Street Interview Questions

Updated Jul 22, 2017

2.6

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at State Street in March 2017.

Interview

I applied online and get bank in a week. They invited for the call conversation that i could not manage to connect. They call be back. There are 3 people who were asking contemporaneously questions stress interview that lasted about 2 hours

Interview Questions

• what are the assumption for VaR for the student distribution   Answer Question

Global Exchange Web Strategy Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at State Street (Boston, MA) in December 2015.

Interview

Extensive interview process with c-suite executives (more than 9 interviews). That aspect of pursuing this opportunity was fine and certainly appropriate considering the level of the position and the responsibility that came with it. What was not okay was the lack of follow-up. I was asked to change holiday vacation plans as they wanted to "make things come together" quickly, but even though a verbal offer was extended, no written offer was forthcoming. The internal recruiter never responded to my email requesting any additional feedback of info. A Managing Director within the corporation reached out on my behalf, and her inquiries went unanswered. Completely unprofessional behavior that showed a lack of respect for candidates. Apparently the requisition was shelved, but that should have been communicated.

Interview Questions

• Examples of situations where I had tacked situations similar to the challenges they were facing.   Answer Question

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at State Street (Boston, MA) in September 2015.

Interview

It was about 30 minutes and tons of questions. Firstly self introduction, and work through my resume. And the interviewer asked me lots of statistical concepts and how to write Matlab command according to his request.

Interview Questions

• The interviewer asked me lots of statistical concepts and how to write Matlab command according to his request.   Answer Question

Vice President Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State Street.

Interview

Applied for two new positions through HR within company first time in sixteen years after I joined. One would think that you would at least get a call or email,from HR after application. Never heard from them. I followed up two times and responded that they were going to get back but never heard from them. This was totally a shock to me.

Fund Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State Street (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in May 2009.

Interview

There were three stage of interviewing process. State Street will call you for a interview. First you needed to take a test related to fund accounting. Second, you will be interviewing with HR and manager.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with chaotic situation in the workplace?   Answer Question

Software Performance Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at State Street (Boston, MA) in June 2009.

Interview

Submitted and interviewed through SQA Associates.
    Phone screen interview with Manager and expert Loadrunner Engineer. 1.5 hrs
    Phone screen,95% Loadrunner Expert Questions
    On-site interview to meeting hiring manager, hiring VP.
    90% of on-site interview was side-by-side with technical Lead to answer Loadrunner Vuser and Scenario Test live

Interview Questions

• Most people talk about enabling the Extended Log feature in the Run-time Settings Vuser GUI, For example: Parameter Substitution and/or Data Returned by the Server and/or Advanced Trace check boxes, as per the requirements.
      Please give 5 examples of the the code and options applied to the Vuser complete script.   1 Answer

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at State Street (Bengaluru (India)) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview was done via Skype and Video call.It was onshore call specifically from Ireland and US.Interview was tough and had to clear 3 rounds.Technical questions and Product based questions were asked

Interview Questions

• Technical questions and Product based questions were asked   1 Answer

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at State Street (London, England (UK)) in October 2016.

Interview

4 stages process , took along time between stages HR aboard so very long and drawn out process
    And very little feedback received .
    Interviews held even though they had already selected a person to make the offer to.
    So make sure they have a role to fill first.
    I know that the same applied for the other candidates who got to the end stage with no offer
    Fault seems to be their HR adveristing.

Interview Questions

• 1) explain where you want to be in 5 years time !
      2) explain how you resolved a conflict
      3) what are you development points   Answer Question

Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at State Street (Kansas City, MO) in December 2016.

Interview

I interviewed with two AVPs from different teams and were unfamiliar with any of my work. The interview turned into more of a consulting session for they way our team (cough-cough) completed certain processes and what it might look like for their teams.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at State Street (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in April 2016.

Interview

Received a phone call regarding my application, where they asked me about my application and my backgroun. They set another phone interview, where the interview was a bit more technical.
    HR Interview, regarding my background.
    Partner Interview, technical interview with some personal information.