State Street Fund Accountant, Associate I Interview Questions | Glassdoor

State Street Fund Accountant, Associate I Interview Questions

2.5

Fund Accountant, Associate I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at State Street (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in April 2014.

Interview

2 Phone interviews. First interview was very relaxed with general questions about CV, knowledge of State Street, expected salary, holiday plans and location preferred. The call finished with the lady telling me that I had got to the next round which would be a more formal interview and gave me general guidelines on expected questions. Second interview was much more formal and to the point. Asked questions about how i dealt with mistakes at work and dealing with a difficult colleague. Interviewee said I would hear back either way within one week but as of yet nothing. Found the interviewee very abrupt.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for State Street

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at State Street (Sacramento, CA) in April 2012.

Interview

Did an oncampus interview first followed by a 2.5 hr interview in their office. 2 separate panels focusing primarily on behavior based questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you disagreed with a coworker. What did you disagree about and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Seems like a good place to work, but the pay was not sufficient to compete with other offers. One thing that is great for this field they do pay you for overtime. When comparing pay with public accounting firms this could be significatn as most public accounting firms pay a salary and work you beyond the 40 hrs/week.

Fund Accountant Associate I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at State Street (Sacramento, CA) in June 2009.

Interview

The process went through my University. First I had an on-campus interview followed by a series of behavioral panel interviews on-site. The background check is extensive and can take upwards of a month after an initial conditional offer of employment.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had to balance many taks at once   Answer Question

Negotiation

In finance, right now, laughable.

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at State Street (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in June 2016.

Interview

There were two telephonic interviews and one face-to-face.
    The telephonic interviews are usually straight-forward and fast. However, might have to wait months for them to schedule a face-to-face interview with you. Usually a team from India and they are lovely!

Interview Questions

• What is a bond? Stock? Equity? Derivative? What do you know about State Street? Why will you like to work with us? e.t.c   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at State Street (Boston, MA) in July 2012.

Interview

the interview lasted more than 30 minutes and i have been interviewed from 2 managers, they made me feel really comfortable, the questions were in general for the person i was, the work i was going to make etc.

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State Street (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in October 2014.

Interview

Interview process was quite efficient, it entailed one phone interview followed by two rounds of interviews, the first with a HR manager and the second with 2 AVP's from my prospective team.

Fund Accountant, Associate I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cape Town (South Africa)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at State Street (Cape Town (South Africa)) in February 2015.

Interview

Contacted had a brief telephonic interview. Asked a few definitions and what qualifications I had and what my salary expectation was.
    The second interview was at the offices and met with two managers. Very standard accounting questions to see if you understand certain elements of accounting.
    Next steps was to psychometric tests. If you were successful you are given an offer. Process took roughly 3 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Explain your understanding of accrued income and the journal entry.

Do you understand the definition of an investment fund.
      Answer Question
    • How is the NAV of a fund determined   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation.the have standard entry level salary based on market related

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at State Street (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in April 2016.

Interview

I applied on the state street website, and I got 2 over the phone interviews. The first was just going through my CV and then asking questions like what is bonds, derivatives, etc. The 2nd interview was basically asking situational questions like tell me a situation where you.... After those interview I was advised I would get an email letting me know if I passed to a face to face interview or not, which I did. The face to face interview wasn't too bad, was asked about the company and what I knew about fund accounting. Then they went straight into behaviour questions and finished it off with going through my CV again.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about state street. What do you know about fund accounting. Then behavioural questions like tell me a time you.... And then they went through my CV   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at State Street (Boston, MA) in January 2012.

Interview

Several fit questions along with technical aptitude feelers. Was initially called for a screen, then contacted to set up an in-person interview. The in-person portion lasted about an hour and was then called within a week with an offer.

Fund Accountant, Associate I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kraków (Poland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at State Street (Kraków (Poland)) in May 2014.

Interview

1. Submit CV through very unfriendly system.
    2. Have a call with India with some technical questions (NAV, balance sheet, various costs, market specific questions), and also your motivation, skills, strengths + weaknesses. The call lasts around 20 minutes.
    3. Interview with seniors (team managers). Usually two of them - both from the floor, no HR representative.
    4. There is possible additional interview with Officers, Fund Accounting Managers.
    5. You get feedback in 2 weeks.
    HR reps are very approachable.

Interview Questions

• During the interview you receive plenty of questions regarding: yourself, motivation, your experience, technical questions. Also your expectations in regards to: salary, job position itself, and yourself in 2-5 years from now   Answer Question