State Street Interview Questions | Glassdoor

State Street Interview Questions

Updated Feb 22, 2017

2.6

Account Analyst Interview

Interview

RESUME SUBMITTED ONLINE AND RECEIVED A CALL FOR FACE TO FACE INTERVIEW.
    There are two seniors from fund group interviewed me for an hour.
    I then got offer second day.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at State Street.

Interview

Usually 2 rounds of interviews (the hiring manager and then the hiring manager's boss)

Negotiation

None. It was an entry level.

Settlements Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State Street (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Received a phone call from HR about one week after submitting online application. Mainly to determine fit.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the company?
      Why did you apply to this position?
      Answer Question

Custody Specialist, Associate I Interview

Interview

I applied online and heard from a recruiter within a week. She set up an interview promptly on State Street's campus. I spoke to one person who talked about the work I would be doing and another who asked basic interview questions.

Pricing Specialist Interview

Interview

Ditto, to most of these answers. It was a professional atmosphere as you would expect. A friendly interviewer will lead the interview and another manager will be invited in to interject (possibly good cop, bad cop).

I would recommend to be consistently positive, smile, and give canned pre-thought out examples of how you gave excellent customer service, dealt with a difficult situation, etc.

The questions will likely be behavioral, the questions will not be exact, but similar enough.
    I am learning to do behavioral interviews better now (because it is all the rage) and this was more of a learning experience for me. I am much better with off-the-cuff quick witted questions, but they want inside-the-box planned answers, so be prepared.

Interview Questions

• Have you worked in a pressured work environment with expected deadlines?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Interview

Very nice and smooth process but I had to call and check about status of application. Human resources executive who interviewed me was very professional and extremely helpful but I believe they have since left the firm. The actual financial interview was relatively straightforward and test competency and markets based skills.

Fund Accountant Interview

Interview

I had an initial phone screen with the a recruiter from Kansas. She was extremely nice and asked questions regarding school and work experience. I'm currently waiting for a second interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a work/school experience for a strategy you employed to get done an error free assignment?   Answer Question

Fund Accountant Interview

Interview

The process consisted of a brief interview over the phone with the HR. Then they will schedule you to come in to have interview in person. Be prepared to answer a lot of behavior questions and be as thorough as possible. Many questions regarding how you perform within a group.

Interview Questions

• Just make sure that you study your materials and be prepared to answer behavior questions.   Answer Question

Wholesaler Interview

Interview

phone interview, then met with the recruiter

Accounting Specialist, Associate I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at State Street (Sacramento, CA).

Interview

They contacted me after I submitted my application online. I was due for a phone screen appointment that lasted about 45 minutes. At the end of the phone screen, ask them about what the next steps in the hiring process entails; and they may schedule an open house appointment for you. A confirmation email for the open house was received, containing topics that I should review: specific items from job duties, company background, etc.

The open house was schedule two weeks later for me. There was an hour of overview about the firm as well as mingling with other competitors. Afterward, you will be called to separate rooms for two sessions of in-person interviews (I had two interviewers per session). They were about an hour long each and consisted of behavioral questions as well as technical information you should have researched about.

Interview Questions

• Explain a difficult obstacle you had to overcome and what you did.   Answer Question