State Street Interview Questions | Glassdoor

State Street Interview Questions

Updated Jul 20, 2017

2.6

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State Street (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in May 2017.

Interview

The interview was very easy and quick. I was interviewed by 2 members of staff, they were very friendly and not intimidating like most interviewers. Questions were easy enough but its better to be prepared rather than winging it. Majority of Interview was the interviewers talking about state street. Be Prepared with Questions to ask at the End.

Fund Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kraków (Poland)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at State Street (Kraków (Poland)) in February 2016.

Interview

Phone interview is pretty easy, asking basic financial and accouting questions.
    In person interview at the office is pretty much the same- some personal questions and more about finance and accounting.

Trade Processor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hadley, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State Street (Hadley, MA) in January 2016.

Interview

Very simple and straight forward interview where they ask you the everyday and basic interview questions. They want to hire you if you are a umass student unless you are a trainwreck

Vice President Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at State Street (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in January 2016.

Interview

Whole process was fast and efficient. Met with various managers around the globe - HK, London and Boston. They sounded enthusiastic and were keen to proceed quickly. Questions were general, asked about my previous experience , if I understand where SS is in the markets and if I would fit in

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at State Street.

Interview

I applied this job through my college. First, I had an interview at school. And then, I had another interview at State Street with two managers at the same time.

Quality Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at State Street (Bengaluru (India)) in June 2017.

Interview

Well organised.
    It was a walkin interview, they sortlisted the candidates by having GD as their 1st round and results were out quickly.
    Next round was technical round and HR round.

Interview Questions

• Questions related to Agile, and about dealing with difficult circumstances. Left outer join was asked.
      questions were not really from the JD I had, they asked more of the behavior types.   Answer Question

Inter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at State Street (Singapore (Singapore)) in February 2016.

Interview

Supervisors and hr came down to my school to conduct an assessment. Only selected students could join and the interview was conducted by the team Managers. It was a great experience.

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at State Street (Bengaluru (India)) in March 2017.

Interview

Standard of the interview is very poor. Even you have to tolerate the arrogant HR behaviour too. Their salary band is very poor. Even though service company are better than this. After so many marathon round i declined the offer because of salary and job profile. Please ignore such kind of company because you won't get anything in this company which is very harmful for career.

Interview Questions

• First round will be pen paper test which consists of Java, J2EE ,Unix and DB. After F2F will happen   Answer Question
    • HashMap Implementation and few basic questions from collections   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at State Street (Boston, MA) in May 2017.

Interview

The interview process was straight forward and even pleasant. The interviewer made me feel comfortable and spoke with a calm even tone. We sat and spoke to one another as equals.

Interview Questions

• Please describe a difficult situation and how you overcame it to reach a positive outcome.   Answer Question

Derivatives Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State Street (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in May 2016.

Interview

Straight forward, questions on Navs, interest rate swaps, challenges faced in life/work/uni, CV questions, mostly focusing on any previous work exp you have and asking questions based on that, Also asked me questions to try and assertain whether I would do the job they wanted me to do.

Interview Questions

• What was the biggest challenge you faced in uinversity/previous work exp?   1 Answer