State Street Fund Accountant, Associate I Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 1, 2017

2.5

72 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at State Street (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in May 2016.

Interview

The process takes 6 week. Ideally, you will submit your C.V/Resume. You will get a screening phone call as phase 1. Questions with regard to your knowledge of the Company and Confirming that you're the applicant applying for the role will be asked. If successful in phase 1 you get passed on to a Senior HR Recruitment Manager for more thorough questions on your knowledge about Finance/Accounting and State Street in the 2nd Phase. If you pass that phase you get an interview scheduled for meeting a Hiring manager who will be an Officer or AVP. You do your interview for your role your applied. Remain calm and express yourself articulately and you should be fine if you prepared. You get updated after some weeks in my case with a contractual offer and starting date.

Interview Questions

• What is a derivative and what types of derivatives do you know about?   1 Answer

Negotiation

None

Other Interview Reviews for State Street

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at State Street (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in June 2016.

Interview

There were two telephonic interviews and one face-to-face.
    The telephonic interviews are usually straight-forward and fast. However, might have to wait months for them to schedule a face-to-face interview with you. Usually a team from India and they are lovely!

Interview Questions

• What is a bond? Stock? Equity? Derivative? What do you know about State Street? Why will you like to work with us? e.t.c   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at State Street (Boston, MA) in July 2012.

Interview

the interview lasted more than 30 minutes and i have been interviewed from 2 managers, they made me feel really comfortable, the questions were in general for the person i was, the work i was going to make etc.

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State Street (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in October 2014.

Interview

Interview process was quite efficient, it entailed one phone interview followed by two rounds of interviews, the first with a HR manager and the second with 2 AVP's from my prospective team.

Fund Accountant, Associate I Interview

Interview

Phone interview with basic behavioral questions. Later an invitation to an office interview with two employees. The latter interview round consisted of technical questions relating to mutual funds and more behavioral questions. Later, you get a phone call from the HR if you got the job.

Fund Accountant, Associate I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kraków (Poland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at State Street (Kraków (Poland)) in September 2015.

Interview

Call from India based on your knowledge about stocks/ fixed income after a week 2va meeting in Krakow with your future managers. Pretty straightforward, behavioral questions and about your resume.

Fund Accountant, Associate I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cape Town (South Africa)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at State Street (Cape Town (South Africa)) in February 2015.

Interview

Contacted had a brief telephonic interview. Asked a few definitions and what qualifications I had and what my salary expectation was.
    The second interview was at the offices and met with two managers. Very standard accounting questions to see if you understand certain elements of accounting.
    Next steps was to psychometric tests. If you were successful you are given an offer. Process took roughly 3 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Explain your understanding of accrued income and the journal entry.

Do you understand the definition of an investment fund.   Answer Question
    • How is the NAV of a fund determined   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation.the have standard entry level salary based on market related

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at State Street (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in April 2016.

Interview

I applied on the state street website, and I got 2 over the phone interviews. The first was just going through my CV and then asking questions like what is bonds, derivatives, etc. The 2nd interview was basically asking situational questions like tell me a situation where you.... After those interview I was advised I would get an email letting me know if I passed to a face to face interview or not, which I did. The face to face interview wasn't too bad, was asked about the company and what I knew about fund accounting. Then they went straight into behaviour questions and finished it off with going through my CV again.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about state street. What do you know about fund accounting. Then behavioural questions like tell me a time you.... And then they went through my CV   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at State Street (Boston, MA) in January 2012.

Interview

Several fit questions along with technical aptitude feelers. Was initially called for a screen, then contacted to set up an in-person interview. The in-person portion lasted about an hour and was then called within a week with an offer.

Fund Accountant, Associate I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kraków (Poland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at State Street (Kraków (Poland)) in May 2014.

Interview

1. Submit CV through very unfriendly system.
    2. Have a call with India with some technical questions (NAV, balance sheet, various costs, market specific questions), and also your motivation, skills, strengths + weaknesses. The call lasts around 20 minutes.
    3. Interview with seniors (team managers). Usually two of them - both from the floor, no HR representative.
    4. There is possible additional interview with Officers, Fund Accounting Managers.
    5. You get feedback in 2 weeks.
    HR reps are very approachable.

Interview Questions

• During the interview you receive plenty of questions regarding: yourself, motivation, your experience, technical questions. Also your expectations in regards to: salary, job position itself, and yourself in 2-5 years from now   Answer Question