State Street Interview Questions | Glassdoor

State Street Interview Questions

Updated Mar 24, 2017

2.6

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at State Street.

Interview

First you interview with recruiter and then in person interview with two managers. It was a very laid back experience and felt very comfortable without. It was very much a personality test, as it was an interview.

Client Service Operations Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at State Street.

Interview

The interview process was surprisingly quick. The whole process took 3 weeks from the time I submitted my application. A week after I submitted my interview I was invited to a phone interview. Now this step is very important because if you can get past this stage your chances of landing the job increase. The interview lasted for approximately 25 minutes and consisted of a combination of some technical and behavioral questions. Make sure you know what services State Street provide since this is where most people fail. After the phone interview you will receive a call to scheduled an in person interview if they are interested in you. The in question that were asked in the in person interview is similar to the phone interview. After the interview you get an email telling you if you got the job. You have 48 hours after to accept their offer. Unfortunately there isn't much room for negotiation.

Interview Questions

• What are the types of services State Street provide?   1 Answer
    • What is a NAV, Mutual Fund, OTC derivatives, Stock, Bond, Swaps, and Options.   Answer Question
    • Tell me of a time when you have to escalate an issue to a superior.   Answer Question
    • Tell me of a time where you disagree with a superior.   Answer Question
    • What are some of the formulas that you have used in excel.   Answer Question

Professional Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at State Street (Boston, MA) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied through my college. The interview only lasted five minutes as I was discarded for needing visa sponsorship, even though the company states that they are an equal opportunity employer.

Fund Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State Street (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied for the vacancy and have been contacted 3 weeks later to attend the interview. The interview lasted for about an hour, multiple questions including behavioral and professional. There no response about the offer.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between several accounting systems in different countries.   Answer Question

Quantitative Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State Street (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

HR emailed me to schedule the phone interview. At the scheduled date, I got the phone call from the interviewer. First, introduce myself a little bit. Then talk about my research. Finally, ask me about the regression related questions.

Interview Questions

• Research projects and regression related stuff like OLS, time series   Answer Question

Graduate Financial Reporting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at State Street (Kansas City, MO) in October 2016.

Interview

Interview was pretty laid back. Asked questions on my background. Questions included my work history and what I got from it, any extracurricular activities I was involved in an how I made them better, and what my education has consisted of. The position was for $18/ hour and only 20 hours. They told me it would be 2 weeks before I would hear back from them.

Interview Questions

• Were you involved in any extracurricular activities, and how did you improve them?   1 Answer

Took too long to get back at me. I received an offer at another company for better pay and more hours.

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at State Street (Boston, MA) in October 2016.

Interview

I was initially scheduled to meet with two individuals for 30 minutes each but was rescheduled to a different day with only one person for an hour. In total the interview actually lasted about 15 minutes. I suspect they had already chosen a candidate by this point.

Derivative Operations Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at State Street (Sacramento, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

I recently interviewed for the Derivative position at State Street. Great office location right outside of downtown Sacramento. Checked in with security on my arrival. My interviewers were both a few minutes late to my interview.

We walked through the office which was dead silent of well over 30 people. The questions were read off a sheet of paper and were very basic at that. The interviewers showed almost no enthusiasm when reading them to me. Although my interviewers were somewhat conversational, the interview was awkward.

Overall it seems like a good environment with hard working people. Did not seem like there was too much of a culture or vibe with the department as a whole. If you're looking for solid technical skills, this is the place to do it, but there won't be much excitement in my opinion.

Client Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at State Street (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied to the job on the company website. I was contacted for an interview about a week later. The recruiter asked questions about my fit for the role and why I wanted the position.

Operations Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at State Street (Sacramento, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Met the recruiters at a job fair and got a phone interview the following week. Phone interview was mostly determining if it was a good fit. Interviewed onsite with two hiring managers, interview was very easy and short. Mostly questions about school and prior experience, followed by some behavioral questions. Received offer a couple days later.