State Street Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,021 Interview Reviews

2.5

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hadley, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at State Street (Hadley, MA) in March 2017.

Interview

I met with a recruiter at a career fair prior to the interview in order to get the interview. The interview itself mostly consisted of simple questions such as experiences where you've been a leader, worked with teams, overcome a challenge, etc. Also they asked why I wanted to work at State Street. Overall, not a difficult interview.

Interview Questions

• Share one experience with us where you overcame a challenge.   Answer Question

Future Focus Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at State Street (Kansas City, MO) in March 2017.

Interview

While browsing a job search engine, I saw a sponsored advertisement for this position that is looking for May 2017 college graduates in Accounting, Finance, or Economics. I applied online for this position on March 13, and received an email on March 17 to set up an initial phone interview with a recruiter. The initial phone screening was straight-forward. The recruiter asked questions about experience with general ledgers, account reconciliations, and other similar concepts. The recruiter also asked general behavioral and situational type questions based on past work experiences along with questions about the types of college classes that I've taken. I received an email this morning stating that they are moving forward with another candidate. Overall, the phone screening was a positive experience.

Interview Questions

• What has been your favorite college class and why?   Answer Question
    • What was your hardest class in college?   Answer Question
    • Have you taken any accounting or finance classes, how many, and what were they?   Answer Question
    • What experience do you have working with general ledgers?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about some of the extracurricular activities that you participated in while in college.   Answer Question
    • What do you know about our company?   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State Street.

Interview

They did most of the talking, looked at resume asked questions. Overall pretty easy experience, they got back to me in a couple of weeks and called me in for the finger printing.

Vice President Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at State Street (Boston, MA) in March 2017.

Interview

It only takes one minute for my first round phone screening, because she just asked whether I need sponsorship or not. My answer is yes, and then she said we can't hire students who need sponsorship. Another role I interviewed with two months ago also can't sponsor me as well. I just don't get it why they can't just ask me via email, but rather need to schedule a phone appointment and then ask this question? it's a waste of time, and not professional at al..

Operations Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at State Street in March 2017.

Interview

The interviewers were very nice and they gave a description before asking the question. This was nice because it allowed me to think about the questions before they asked them. It was a fairly easy interview.

Strategy Interview

Interview

Two interviews, first one is fit and industry trends. Decent discussion.

Second is messy number case and some "fit", interviewer behaved as a total jerk, immature and unintelligent. Didn't give clear answer to any of my questions. Guys, you have almost $30 T in custody, please send children to kindergarten, even if they are from top consulting house.

Interview Questions

• Dealing with inadequate managers. Ironically, was asked by an inadequate manager.   1 Answer

Future Focus Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at State Street (Kansas City, KS) in February 2017.

Interview

The process was pretty basic. I applied online and was contacted about 2 weeks later for a phone interview. They asked me very general interview questions as well as questions about items that were listed on the description of the program. If I had been better prepared I would have done much better.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have working with general ledgers and reconciliations   Answer Question

Portfolio Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at State Street (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

First round telephone interview, no tech question, just some behavior questions for 30 min. The behavior question is kind of normal and easy, you just need to prepare some stories and examples and know something about state street.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at State Street in February 2017.

Interview

One pre-screen phone interview and one normal interview, both about 15-25 minutes with all behavioral questions. Very straightforward. I interviewed within Global Operations so some questions were definitely suited for that, but interested in how you work on a team.

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at State Street (Kansas City, MO) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied though my college's career fair and the interview was very easy with simple behavioral questions. Got asked to go to Kansas City to interview in person which was with two head leaders of the Pricing and Cash department of the Operations team at State Street. Fairly simple interview with one technical questions and 30 minutes or so of behavior questions. The company didn't really stand out to me while interviewing and it took 2 months to hear back.

Interview Questions

• Describe two types of securities and name five differences between the two.   Answer Question