State Street Fund Accountant, Associate I Interview Questions | Glassdoor

State Street Fund Accountant, Associate I Interview Questions

2.5

Fund Accountant Associate I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at State Street (Boston, MA) in June 2013.

Interview

Recruiter setup the interview. I first met with the managers. They asked me about my experience and what i knew about the job etc... While in the conference room, the team I'd be working with came in and asked me similar questions. I think this was just to see if they could see themselves getting along with me. Overall it took less than an hour and it was pretty harmless. I did not get a sense of a lot of pressure.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about State Street and why do you want to work here   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for State Street

Fund Accountant, Associate I Interview

Interview

basic behavioral questions. allowed me to do the entire process over the phone since lived out of state.

Fund Accountant, Associate I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at State Street in April 2013.

Interview

So I received an email the day after I submitted my resume online on the company website. The email was to schedule a 30 minute phone screen. After that I was asked if I would like to go into the office for a face to face interview. The face to face interview was with one manager and lasted 30 minutes. I was given an offer about an hour later by phone

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you have displayed/shown your loyalty towards a previous employer   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at State Street (Boston, MA) in January 2013.

Interview

Met with two managers and they asked different questions about my background and questions relating to situations where I had to work with group members. I already had an offer from a different company and the managers were able to communicate with Human Resources and expedite my offer.

Interview Questions

• Would you rather submit work that is late and accurate or on time and inaccurate?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at State Street (Boston, MA) in September 2012.

Interview

Applied online and got a call back within several days. Had initial phone screening, which consisted of some basic questions. Asked how much I was currently making and was told the Associate I position pays only $32k per year for full time position. Explained to interviewer there was no way I could support myself on such pay. Was told an Associate II pays around $42k with bonus and was encouraged to apply for another role. Got the impression there was high turnover within these types of positions, although some of the roles sounded exciting. Needless to say I decided to stop pursuing any other opportunities with this firm.

Interview Questions

• Didn't even get to point of interview questions once salary for position was brought up by interviewer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at State Street (Boston, MA) in July 2012.

Interview

the interview lasted more than 30 minutes and i have been interviewed from 2 managers, they made me feel really comfortable, the questions were in general for the person i was, the work i was going to make etc.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at State Street (Sacramento, CA) in April 2012.

Interview

Did an oncampus interview first followed by a 2.5 hr interview in their office. 2 separate panels focusing primarily on behavior based questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you disagreed with a coworker. What did you disagree about and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Seems like a good place to work, but the pay was not sufficient to compete with other offers. One thing that is great for this field they do pay you for overtime. When comparing pay with public accounting firms this could be significatn as most public accounting firms pay a salary and work you beyond the 40 hrs/week.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at State Street (Boston, MA) in March 2012.

Interview

Easy, questions did not relate to the job. I went into a room with my future boss. They asked how i thought my college experience would relate to the position i was applying for. I got an offer via phone on the ride home.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at State Street (Boston, MA) in January 2012.

Interview

Several fit questions along with technical aptitude feelers. Was initially called for a screen, then contacted to set up an in-person interview. The in-person portion lasted about an hour and was then called within a week with an offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at State Street (Sacramento, CA) in November 2011.

Interview

The interview process was pretty simple. Had a 30 min phone interview, discussed my education and experience, then was asked about 3-4 behavioural questions. Did 2 in-person interviews. The first was with a manager for about 40 min, asked a couple technical questions like what is NAV, and what is the difference between a stock and bond, then a few behavioural questions. 2nd interview was with two senior fund accountants, and they pretty much asked the same questions. They called me 2 weeks later to offer the job but I declined.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had to use numerical data or a graph to convince a manager.   Answer Question

Got a position at a hedge fund by then.