State Street Fund Accountant, Associate I Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 1, 2017

2.5

72 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at State Street (Sacramento, CA) in November 2011.

Interview

The panel interview was a bit misleading because there was 2 set of 1 on 1 interviews. However we have 10+ people waiting together. Standard behavioral questions and a bit technical questions.

Other Interview Reviews for State Street

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at State Street (Kansas City, MO) in September 2011.

Interview

The interview was pretty standard. I was asked all the cliche' interview questions that some redundant middle management goon reads off a sheet. The had 15% turnover yearly when I was there so they basically have a revolving door for employees. Very easy to get a job there especially if you know a current employee. They actually have to give bonuses to employees to get them to refer friends.

Interview Questions

• Just google pointless interview questions and you will have a list of everything they ask.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was none, employees are like livestock to this company.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at State Street (Boston, MA) in June 2011.

Interview

Waited about an hour before I was interviewed with about 10 other candidates. Interview lasted about 15 minutes. Its been a week and I haven't heard back from them.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a situation where you had to think outside the box?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at State Street (Kansas City, MO) in June 2011.

Interview

The hiring and interview process took place with two managers asking questions pertaining to background and problem solving skills. The interviewers asked basic questions pertaining to background. The interview was also very situational with questions pertaining to how would handle corporate politics and situations dealing with clients

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at State Street (Sacramento, CA) in May 2011.

Interview

I submitted a resume through my online campus job website and received an initial interview on campus. Then I was invited for another interview at the company location. I interviewed with three other people: with two first and then another 1-on-1. They were really friendly and asked simple questions but a lot of technical questions such as what is a mutual fund, how to calculate NAV, what's the difference between a stock and a mutual fund, etc. They also asked a lot of behavior and situational questions too. They did take a lot of time to get back to me after the second interview though, but I kept in touch with the HR.

Interview Questions

• Why would someone choose a mutual fund or a stock?   Answer Question
    • Describe a situation where you had to be assertive.   Answer Question
    • Describe a situation where a group member didn't contribute. What did you do and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at State Street (Sacramento, CA) in May 2011.

Interview

Single interview on college campus. Then on site interview with hiring managers. 1 manager for 1 hour and then 2 others for another hour. Company looks for people capable of learning their ways so you can fit into the position well. Position looks great for entry level and seems like hiring of fund accountants is very cyclical.

Interview Questions

• Walk us through your resume   Answer Question
    • Tell us a time you had to work with someone who wasn't cooperating.   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time you had to work with employees more senior on the chain of command who were not open to your ideas.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation...easy to pick if you have no other offers.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at State Street (Sacramento, CA) in May 2011.

Interview

On campus interview, then e-mail the next week to meet with a large group of other candidates where we were shown a history video then divided up to be interviewed by one or two managers. Everyone who interviewed me seemed like they hated being there and weren't very encouraging.

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at State Street (Sacramento, CA) in May 2011.

Interview

1 Phone interview and 2 back to back interviews in the office. Each were about 15 minutes each. They asked some specific accounting questions and also general situational questions. Overall easy. Offer came the next day.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation possible. Set.

Anonymous Employee in Quincy, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at State Street (Quincy, MA) in December 2010.

Interview

They're basically looking for a live body. If you are reasonably articulate, demonstrate a basic general competency, and are somewhat personable, you will likely be hired. No particular prior experience is necessary, although having an interesting background will likely help you get hired. My managers told me I was hired mostly because they were curious about me.

Interview Questions

• They don't ask trick questions. They really are just making sure you're capable of interacting with people.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is no negotiation. They give you terms, and you may either accept or not. I ended up working 6 am to 2:45, for $30,000/year, no overtime, no bonus, 40 miles from where I lived (10 miles from what I thought I was applying for). I was told the hours I would be working on my first day, not before.

Fund Accountant Associate I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at State Street (Kansas City, MO) in December 2010.

Interview

Two interviewers, nice gentleman from the same area I would be working in. Asked questions from a list given by superiors. Questions were behaviorally-based, and assessed character qualities.

Describe a time when you worked with someone from a different cultural background? What were the issues? How did you handle them?

Interview Questions

• In what ways have you been able to find inefficiencies in your own life? And how were you able to improve them?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Non-negotiable.