State Street Accounting Interview Questions | Glassdoor

State Street Accounting Interview Questions

Updated Apr 26, 2017

2.6

Portfolio Accountant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at State Street in July 2014.

Interview

It was pretty easy if you have leadership skills. Interviewed by two people. They were not intimating, very open and friendly. Interviewed took an hour. I was not interviewed by anyone on my team

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at State Street.

Interview

They asked what interested me about the job and why I wanted the job. The questions were pretty standard and there weren't any questions that I would say caught me off guard. The interview last for about twenty minutes. Once the interview was completed, I got a call a few days later with an offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Fund Accountant Interview

Interview

relatively straight forward. Met with two or three manages, however, I wasn't going to work under any of them, so don't know how relavant that is to a group. Didn't know why you would meet with people that you wouldn't even be working with. Should have been a red flag.

Fund Accountant Interview

Interview

This was a super long drawn out process. I was interviewed on the phone and waited over 2 months until my face to face interview. I then waited 6 weeks for my job offer. I then waited 30 days from offer until I could start. Seemed very unorganized during the process

Negotiation

N/A

Accounting & Pricing Specialist, I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at State Street (Boston, MA) in June 2014.

Interview

Behavioral and some technical questions. State street is a great place to launch your career in the industry, nothing unexpected in the interview process, mainly they want to know that you are a person that is reliable and adaptable.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Be confident.

Client Services Fund Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Quincy, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at State Street (Quincy, MA) in June 2014.

Interview

I only went on one interview that was set up by my recruiter. It was a fairly simple process. I got a slight tour of the building at first and then we sat in the conference room on the floor that the hiring manager worked on. We had a little small talk and then went over my resume and what the job I was applying for entailed.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a project you worked on.   1 Answer

Interview

easy, just generic questions and some easy behavior questions

Fund Accountant Associate II Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at State Street in May 2014.

Interview

Interview consisted of about 8 people. They began interviewing me for one position, then thought I would be a good fit for another position, and proceeded to interview me for that as well. The way they were able to give me the best fit opportunity really made me feel like they valued me as more of a person, than a position to fill. The interview was very personable, and they educated me on the different types of funds and services that the company offered.

Overall the interview had mostly background information, less of the technical. They care about you as a person.

Fund Accountant, Associate I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at State Street.

Interview

Took about a month to finally set up an interview, had to interview with 3 individuals. First person I was suppose to meet with had something else to do so I met with the second interviewer first. Took 1 hour to basically waste time until the person that was suppose to interview me third showed up. It was all a little disorganized, and stressed me out a little bit.

Interview Questions

• You don't have any good qualifications like many other applicants I've had so why are you here?   1 Answer

Accounting Specialist, Associate I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at State Street (Kansas City, MO) in May 2014.

Interview

Phone interview and on-site both consisted of entirely behavior based questions. Fairly basic and easy interview process.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you had to change your course of action to solve a problem?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiating power for entry level positions

See What State Street Employees Are Saying

Star Star Star Star Star   Current Fund Administration - Financial Reporting in Boston, MA

Pros: “Work from home flexibility; most teams allow you to work at least one day a week from home. Good entry level experience and several opportunities for advancement within the company. Good...”“Work from home flexibility; most teams allow you to work at least one day a week from home. Good entry level experience and several opportunities for advancement within the company. Good vacation time, 3 weeks vacation plus personal days starting out and increases after 1 year. Time and a half overtime pay after 40 hours in a week.” – Full Review