State Street Fund Accountant, Associate I Interview Questions | Glassdoor

State Street Fund Accountant, Associate I Interview Questions

2.5

Anonymous Employee in Quincy, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at State Street (Quincy, MA) in August 2010.

Interview

The interview process was very informal. They mostly ask about time management, attention to details and ability to work as a team. I met with several different people from the team. They were very informative about the role.

Interview Questions

• No technical questions - they train all entry level team members   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for State Street

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at State Street (Kansas City, MO) in July 2010.

Interview

I applied online with an employee referral and was contacted for a phone interview within a few days. After passing some questions about my resume and broad behavioral questions I moved to the second phone interview. This one was far shorter and comprised of behavioral questions that were specific to how I acted in the given circumstance. The next day I was called for my in person interview. They showed me around and I was interviewed by 2 managers asking more behavioral questions and a few technical questions relating to the job.

Interview Questions

• How do you find Net Asset Value?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Take it or leave it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at State Street (Kansas City, MO) in June 2010.

Interview

After submitting my application online I was contacted in two weeks by the HR Coordinator via telephone. She spoke to me briefly about my qualifications and education and the starting pay. The Coordinator scheduled me for another phone interview with a Recruiter the next week. I spoke to the Recruiter about my specific accounting education and the starting pay ($28,800). The Recruiter scheduled me for a group interview in two days. The group interview consisted of several behavioral questions and was attended by two middle managers of the group. Find those questions on this website - they are exact. The HR department called about four days later and made an offer.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me about a time working in a group that you experienced a problem with a group member? How did you resolve this problem.   1 Answer

I declined the offer for a few reasons. The first reason was the Recruiter. This person (KW) treated me like a number and did not act in a professional manner. The HR department is your window into the organization - and I did not like what I experienced. The second reason was the low starting pay. I would have considered it for the experience, however, the Recruiter changed my mind.

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at State Street (Sacramento, CA) in April 2010.

Interview

Phone interview asking basic questions about your experience and resume. The other questions are based on behavioral questions. In person interview was a 15 minute introduction video about the company. This was fallowed by 2 interviews about 1 hr each the first was with 2 people and the second was a 1 on 1. Ask basic behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation just a take it or leave it

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at State Street (Kansas City, MO) in March 2010.

Interview

Management review of resume, all resume should be one page. No more and no less. Questions are all behavioral based questions. You must provide and EXAMPLE relating to the question. No general answer such as "I would do this or that." Usually promote internally.

Interview Questions

• Provide me with a time you had to complete a task, by a strict deadline, but had multiple interruptions. What did you do to complete the task and how did you handle the interruptions?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was not negotiation and is none during promotion. Everything is set, either except or decline.

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at State Street (Sacramento, CA) in June 2009.

Interview

The process went through my University. First I had an on-campus interview followed by a series of behavioral panel interviews on-site. The background check is extensive and can take upwards of a month after an initial conditional offer of employment.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had to balance many taks at once   Answer Question

Negotiation

In finance, right now, laughable.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at State Street (Boston, MA) in March 2008.

Interview

I interviewed with 2 VPs at the same time and it was pretty easy. We mostly just talked about my school experiences (especially my semester abroad). They also gave me an overview of IFS, what the Hedge Fund Accountant Associate 1 position entailed, etc. and asked a few questions. The interview went really well but dealing with the HR contact wasn't nearly as smooth. I was told by my HR contact that I needed to schedule an interview with someone else at the office so I did. Later on, she told me that I didn't need it since I had already interviewed with 2 people. I had to call back a few times to get basic information that she was supposed to have contacted me about (such as my start date). I'm sure she deals with alot of new hires so it's hard to keep track of everything but I was pretty surprised with how unorganized and misinformed she was.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you've dealt with a difficult co-worker or classmate for a project?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at State Street (Boston, MA) in January 2008.

Interview

HR basically showed a group of people a video about State Street. Then we were paired off one on one for two separate interviews. When I went through the interview process, the people interviewing you weren't even the people that you would work for. Now, I heard that the managers who interview you are the ones that you will actually work for- which clearly makes more sense.

Interview Questions

• How do you calculate the Net Asset Value on a fund?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation.

Fund Accountant, Associate I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at State Street (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in June 2016.

Interview

There were two telephonic interviews and one face-to-face.
    The telephonic interviews are usually straight-forward and fast. However, might have to wait months for them to schedule a face-to-face interview with you. Usually a team from India and they are lovely!

Interview Questions

• What is a bond? Stock? Equity? Derivative? What do you know about State Street? Why will you like to work with us? e.t.c   Answer Question

Fund Accountant, Associate I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at State Street (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in April 2016.

Interview

I applied on the state street website, and I got 2 over the phone interviews. The first was just going through my CV and then asking questions like what is bonds, derivatives, etc. The 2nd interview was basically asking situational questions like tell me a situation where you.... After those interview I was advised I would get an email letting me know if I passed to a face to face interview or not, which I did. The face to face interview wasn't too bad, was asked about the company and what I knew about fund accounting. Then they went straight into behaviour questions and finished it off with going through my CV again.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about state street. What do you know about fund accounting. Then behavioural questions like tell me a time you.... And then they went through my CV   Answer Question