State Street Interview Questions in Kansas City, MO | Glassdoor

2.6

78 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at State Street (Kansas City, MO) in May 2017.

Interview

The interview process was first a phone interview then in person. The in person was with two people on the team I was going to interview with. The phone interview involved a lot of questions about the powerpoint they sent you before

Interview Questions

• Name a time you faced a problem and how did you solve it?
      Are you familiar with macros?
      What team do you want to be in?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State Street (Kansas City, MO).

Interview

On site interview. Interned and applied for position. Was contacted by HR rep to interview on site, did not have to do a phone interview. Interviewed with the team I would be working with of two people.

Interview Questions

• Describe four natural traits that you possess, give an example of when you streamlined a process, give an example of how you were a leader   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at State Street (Kansas City, MO) in March 2017.

Interview

While browsing a job search engine, I saw a sponsored advertisement for this position that is looking for May 2017 college graduates in Accounting, Finance, or Economics. I applied online for this position on March 13, and received an email on March 17 to set up an initial phone interview with a recruiter. The initial phone screening was straight-forward. The recruiter asked questions about experience with general ledgers, account reconciliations, and other similar concepts. The recruiter also asked general behavioral and situational type questions based on past work experiences along with questions about the types of college classes that I've taken. I received an email this morning stating that they are moving forward with another candidate. Overall, the phone screening was a positive experience.

Interview Questions

• What has been your favorite college class and why?   Answer Question
    • What was your hardest class in college?   Answer Question
    • Have you taken any accounting or finance classes, how many, and what were they?   Answer Question
    • What experience do you have working with general ledgers?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about some of the extracurricular activities that you participated in while in college.   Answer Question
    • What do you know about our company?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at State Street (Kansas City, MO) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied though my college's career fair and the interview was very easy with simple behavioral questions. Got asked to go to Kansas City to interview in person which was with two head leaders of the Pricing and Cash department of the Operations team at State Street. Fairly simple interview with one technical questions and 30 minutes or so of behavior questions. The company didn't really stand out to me while interviewing and it took 2 months to hear back.

Interview Questions

• Describe two types of securities and name five differences between the two.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at State Street (Kansas City, MO).

Interview

Easy enough process. Bombed the phone interview so didn't get past it but if I had been more prepared it would've been easy. They were basic, situational interview questions along with what you've been involved with at school

Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at State Street (Kansas City, MO) in December 2016.

Interview

I interviewed with two AVPs from different teams and were unfamiliar with any of my work. The interview turned into more of a consulting session for they way our team (cough-cough) completed certain processes and what it might look like for their teams.

Graduate Financial Reporting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at State Street (Kansas City, MO) in October 2016.

Interview

Interview was pretty laid back. Asked questions on my background. Questions included my work history and what I got from it, any extracurricular activities I was involved in an how I made them better, and what my education has consisted of. The position was for $18/ hour and only 20 hours. They told me it would be 2 weeks before I would hear back from them.

Interview Questions

• Were you involved in any extracurricular activities, and how did you improve them?   1 Answer

Took too long to get back at me. I received an offer at another company for better pay and more hours.

Accounting Assistant, Associate II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at State Street (Kansas City, MO) in May 2016.

Interview

Phone interview - 30 min at most- nice person called to ask questions. Took about 20 min at most to be done. Mostly, questions where based on "tell me a story when" and background/experience. Was told my resume will be forwarded to hiring department crew.
    Waiting on reply for a one on one interview. Will update as it comes.

Accelerated Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at State Street (Kansas City, MO) in March 2016.

Interview

I met with a recruiter at a career fair and had a face-to-face interview with her the next day. This was pretty laid back and mostly behavioral questions and questions about my background. Two weeks later I had a phone interview with a different recruiter with more questions about my background; at the end she asked if I wanted to come in for an on-site interview. This third interview took about an hour. I met with two analysts who worked in different departments. Unlike the previous interviewers, they were very knowledgeable about finance and tested my knowledge of the subject. Don't try to bs them because they will ask you to elaborate on everything you say. They also asked a lot of behavioral questions and expected detailed responses. They want you to be very skilled with Microsoft Excel and Access. The job focuses on fast-paced data analysis tasks so emphasize how you can work well with numbers and computer programs quickly rather than on your knowledge of how finance works on a more general, conceptual level. I got the impression that State Street is a slave driver with tasks being piled on you constantly with short deadlines but I just wanted to spend a year or two there to get some job experience.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time that you were working in a group and disagreed with the other members on what the group should do.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time that you felt that you were being treated unfairly by a professor or a supervisor at work and how you resolved the problem.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you had multiple projects to complete with close deadlines and how you handled that.   Answer Question
    • What do you know about various financial instruments? E.G. bonds, swaps, equity, etc.   Answer Question

Accelerated Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at State Street (Kansas City, MO) in March 2016.

Interview

Very easy, one short interview on campus and one short interview on site with two people. The two guys didn't know each other and were very awkward. Said they didn't promote, you have to apply for better positions. Very quiet office space, no one was talking to each other. Nice building.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you had to deal with a difficult situation.   Answer Question