State Street Interview Questions in Kansas City, MO | Glassdoor

State Street Interview Questions in Kansas City, MO

Updated Mar 22, 2017

2.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State Street (Kansas City, MO).

Interview

On site interview. Interned and applied for position. Was contacted by HR rep to interview on site, did not have to do a phone interview. Interviewed with the team I would be working with of two people.

Interview Questions

• Describe four natural traits that you possess, give an example of when you streamlined a process, give an example of how you were a leader   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at State Street (Kansas City, KS) in February 2017.

Interview

The process was pretty basic. I applied online and was contacted about 2 weeks later for a phone interview. They asked me very general interview questions as well as questions about items that were listed on the description of the program. If I had been better prepared I would have done much better.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have working with general ledgers and reconciliations   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at State Street (Kansas City, MO).

Interview

Easy enough process. Bombed the phone interview so didn't get past it but if I had been more prepared it would've been easy. They were basic, situational interview questions along with what you've been involved with at school

Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at State Street (Kansas City, MO) in December 2016.

Interview

I interviewed with two AVPs from different teams and were unfamiliar with any of my work. The interview turned into more of a consulting session for they way our team (cough-cough) completed certain processes and what it might look like for their teams.

Graduate Financial Reporting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at State Street (Kansas City, MO) in October 2016.

Interview

Interview was pretty laid back. Asked questions on my background. Questions included my work history and what I got from it, any extracurricular activities I was involved in an how I made them better, and what my education has consisted of. The position was for $18/ hour and only 20 hours. They told me it would be 2 weeks before I would hear back from them.

Interview Questions

• Were you involved in any extracurricular activities, and how did you improve them?   1 Answer

Took too long to get back at me. I received an offer at another company for better pay and more hours.

Accounting Assistant, Associate II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at State Street (Kansas City, MO) in May 2016.

Interview

Phone interview - 30 min at most- nice person called to ask questions. Took about 20 min at most to be done. Mostly, questions where based on "tell me a story when" and background/experience. Was told my resume will be forwarded to hiring department crew.
    Waiting on reply for a one on one interview. Will update as it comes.

Accelerated Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at State Street (Kansas City, MO) in March 2016.

Interview

I met with a recruiter at a career fair and had a face-to-face interview with her the next day. This was pretty laid back and mostly behavioral questions and questions about my background. Two weeks later I had a phone interview with a different recruiter with more questions about my background; at the end she asked if I wanted to come in for an on-site interview. This third interview took about an hour. I met with two analysts who worked in different departments. Unlike the previous interviewers, they were very knowledgeable about finance and tested my knowledge of the subject. Don't try to bs them because they will ask you to elaborate on everything you say. They also asked a lot of behavioral questions and expected detailed responses. They want you to be very skilled with Microsoft Excel and Access. The job focuses on fast-paced data analysis tasks so emphasize how you can work well with numbers and computer programs quickly rather than on your knowledge of how finance works on a more general, conceptual level. I got the impression that State Street is a slave driver with tasks being piled on you constantly with short deadlines but I just wanted to spend a year or two there to get some job experience.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time that you were working in a group and disagreed with the other members on what the group should do.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time that you felt that you were being treated unfairly by a professor or a supervisor at work and how you resolved the problem.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you had multiple projects to complete with close deadlines and how you handled that.   Answer Question
    • What do you know about various financial instruments? E.G. bonds, swaps, equity, etc.   Answer Question

Accelerated Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at State Street (Kansas City, MO) in March 2016.

Interview

Very easy, one short interview on campus and one short interview on site with two people. The two guys didn't know each other and were very awkward. Said they didn't promote, you have to apply for better positions. Very quiet office space, no one was talking to each other. Nice building.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you had to deal with a difficult situation.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at State Street (Kansas City, MO) in February 2016.

Interview

After applying, you must complete a phone interview. After the phone interview if they wish to proceed with you, you will then meet in-person at their office location. The phone interview is more casual. They discuss the company and want to know what team you are interested in working with. They send a PowerPoint with information over the company and much of the discussion is over that. The in-person interview was more personal. You meet with a couple people in one setting and they ask questions and write down your responses.

Interview Questions

• What is a struggle you have faced and how did you overcome it?   1 Answer

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at State Street (Kansas City, MO) in February 2016.

Interview

Very short phone interview. Lasted about 15 minutes. They did not seem to want to be interviewing people. Sounded like it was a hassle. It was easy though. They sent a powerpoint before the interview that was very helpful in preparing for the interview. They do ask questions about what is on it.