State Street Interview Questions in London, England | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 13, 2017

2.5

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at State Street (London, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

started with the regular online application, then I needed to answer some straight forward questions on the email, then 2 phone interviews and 2 one to two interviews (me and 2 senior people);

cv-based questions, competency-based questions, behavioural questions, Microsoft Office questions, technical financial questions, general economic knowledge/opinions, interests and ideas for the future development

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at State Street (London, England (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

Very brief telephone interview, offshore HR so takes a long time to reply - mainly competency based questions. Some more specific - e.g. why state street, what division would you prefer etc

Interview Questions

• Why state street, what is your favourite class, tell me about a time when you had a conflict within a team, why did you choose your degree   Answer Question

Funds Management Inernshi Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at State Street (London, England (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online
    Called after two days
    Hr call outsourced to India
    Invited to an interview in the London office.
    Had panel interview with head of department and Vice president of Funds Management
    Ask me basic competency questions, no technical questions though we had a conversation about regulations upcoming (MiFid 2).

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you worked in a team.   1 Answer

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at State Street (London, England (UK)) in October 2016.

Interview

4 stages process , took along time between stages HR aboard so very long and drawn out process
    And very little feedback received .
    Interviews held even though they had already selected a person to make the offer to.
    So make sure they have a role to fill first.
    I know that the same applied for the other candidates who got to the end stage with no offer
    Fault seems to be their HR adveristing.

Interview Questions

• 1) explain where you want to be in 5 years time !
      2) explain how you resolved a conflict
      3) what are you development points
      Answer Question

New Client On Boarding Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at State Street (London, England (UK)) in March 2016.

Interview

Interview was perfectly normal interviewers were polite nice etc. However they took a long time to come back to me, even when they did they were clearly keeping their options open rather than providing next steps or a no.
    All in all it was a time consuming process that dragged over months.
    No great surprises on the interview question front however, it was more of an exploratory conversation than series of specific questions

Interview Questions

• How have you dealt with difficult client situations in the past   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at State Street (London, England (UK)) in February 2016.

Interview

Awful.... Disjointed, so so long winded, return visits because people weren't available on the day... No acknowledement / apology or anything like that... I really don't know how a Company the size & stature of State Street expect to attract talented people when the first impression they get is a shambles...

Interview Questions

• Very high-level review of skills   1 Answer

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at State Street (London, England (UK)) in January 2016.

Interview

Just to start off by saying State Street have the worst recruitment process you will ever experience! Now my reasons behind this are:
    1) Their first two stages of the recruitment process are outsourced to an Indian call centre, now this isn't a probably however when your interviewer is unable to string a simple sentence together this makes you question the professionalism of their recruitment process.
    2) The connection and question formality is frankly terrible.
    3) Due to my interviewers inability and inadequacy to ask a simple question I was merely thrown off by the fact that he/she was unable to ask a simple questions without getting it wrong.

Now we all know that State Street is a large financial firm that manages 11% of the worlds assets, however their continuous decline in popularity and their old fashion mechanisms make them a company that is bound to fail in the near future. Although a some what strong firm it is slowly dwindling into a company that will be unable to meet future demands and will frankly lose out to much more professional firms.

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at State Street (London, England (UK)) in January 2016.

Interview

Applied online then two weeks later received an email for a telephone interview. I was interviewed by someone calling from India, who asked basic questions about my current experience, school experience, and visa status. They said I would be contacted via email for a follow up telephone interview. I received the email for the follow up interview and replied with my availability, but then shortly after received a "recall" email and then another email saying I had been rejected.

Overall I felt that outsourcing the hiring process seemed very strange. The interviewer didn't know how to answer any of my questions, which makes me wonder how qualified they are to evaluate candidates.

Assistant Vice President Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at State Street (London, England (UK)) in September 2015.

Interview

Very professional, personal and quick. First round double interview HR then Hiring Manger, Second round TP with Boston. Third round was a 25min formality and a chance for me to ask questions.

Interview Questions

• Quite proforma based mix of CV based discussion, competency based Q's and some technical Q's. Standard HR competency Q's and test of my preparedness i.e. knowledge of business, history etc   1 Answer

Negotiation

Great offer, that they would not negotiate further.

Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at State Street (London, England (UK)) in August 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by HR and interview was fixed. I was meant to meet someone but I met two other guys. I was not even aware about the position I was being interviewed for and 3 weeks down the line, despite me asking for feedback, nobody has returned my call.

Interview Questions

• it was quite a long conversation about just everything involving BA and PM work in Agile and non Agile environments.   Answer Question