State Street Interview Questions in London, England | Glassdoor

Updated May 9, 2017

2.6

Summer; Global Markets Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at State Street (London, England (UK)) in April 2017.

Interview

3 stage process.
    Initial telephone interview: straight forward questions about availability to work.
    Second telephone interview: relatively straight forward technical questions e.g. What is a bond? What is a derivative? What can you tell me about State Street? etc.
    Final face-to-face interview with hiring manager: Again quite straight forward questions, mostly competency-based and asked to walk the hiring manager through my CV.

In all the recruitment process is very poor, almost embarrassing considering State Street's reputation. The initial application portal is full of glitches and when it came to the final interview the hiring manager didn't know what the intern's role would be. Very difficult to perform well at interview when the best research you can do is generic.

At this point - and despite emailing the internal and external recruitment teams several times - I have not received any further communication, hence I'm assuming that I was not successful.

Very unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Tell me three of your strengths, and three of your weaknesses.   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at State Street (London, England (UK)) in October 2016.

Interview

4 stages process , took along time between stages HR aboard so very long and drawn out process
    And very little feedback received .
    Interviews held even though they had already selected a person to make the offer to.
    So make sure they have a role to fill first.
    I know that the same applied for the other candidates who got to the end stage with no offer
    Fault seems to be their HR adveristing.

Interview Questions

• 1) explain where you want to be in 5 years time !
      2) explain how you resolved a conflict
      3) what are you development points
      Answer Question

New Client On Boarding Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at State Street (London, England (UK)) in March 2016.

Interview

Interview was perfectly normal interviewers were polite nice etc. However they took a long time to come back to me, even when they did they were clearly keeping their options open rather than providing next steps or a no.
    All in all it was a time consuming process that dragged over months.
    No great surprises on the interview question front however, it was more of an exploratory conversation than series of specific questions

Interview Questions

• How have you dealt with difficult client situations in the past   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at State Street (London, England (UK)) in January 2016.

Interview

Applied online then two weeks later received an email for a telephone interview. I was interviewed by someone calling from India, who asked basic questions about my current experience, school experience, and visa status. They said I would be contacted via email for a follow up telephone interview. I received the email for the follow up interview and replied with my availability, but then shortly after received a "recall" email and then another email saying I had been rejected.

Overall I felt that outsourcing the hiring process seemed very strange. The interviewer didn't know how to answer any of my questions, which makes me wonder how qualified they are to evaluate candidates.

Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at State Street (London, England (UK)) in August 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by HR and interview was fixed. I was meant to meet someone but I met two other guys. I was not even aware about the position I was being interviewed for and 3 weeks down the line, despite me asking for feedback, nobody has returned my call.

Interview Questions

• it was quite a long conversation about just everything involving BA and PM work in Agile and non Agile environments.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at State Street (London, England (UK)) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online. I had a call two days after my submission of my application from the company's office in India.
    We scheduled an telephone interview 2-3 days after the call.
    They asked me about my experience in general and my career goals and what I am willing to achieve from this internship. She get surprised and she told me I am a perfect match for the position.
    One week after they start asking me from the office in London when I am available for an interview, I answer them I am free and available for them. They inform me that I have only 5 days left until they will choose the right candidate and if I still want the internship to come back in London. I explain them I was on vacations! Nevertheless, I came back and I went at the office at Canary Wharf for the interview. In the meantime I had a call from India and the recruiter explain me what will be about the interview. The interview was totally different of what they inform me and the duties of the summer internship change! Moreover, I was expecting to see only the hiring manager, but a person from HR came also!

Interview Questions

• What I 've done in each job position? And detailed explanation.
      What's I am willing to learn during the internship?
      4 specific questions about my experience in some job that I was holding.
      And to answer if I create or reshape and implementation on any job position and to explain it in detailed.
      1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at State Street (London, England (UK)) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied online back in January. Standard internship application with cover letter.

A month later, I was selected for a preliminary phone interview. Got a phone call from their Talent Acquisition team in India. Took 3 minutes. Very standard questions about long term goals, time at university etc.

6 weeks later and still no outcome. Contacted them and found out I had progressed to a second round telephone interview. Once again, outsourced to India. The interviewer literally just had a list of standard competency questions and a box to fill in. Had to talk very slowly over a muffled phone line and had chances to alter my answers at the end of each question. Might as well have just put them on the online application form.

Once again, after no reply for another 6 weeks, I contacted them again to ask what the status of my application was. I found out I had progressed to the final interview stage which was a 1 on 1 interview in London. The whole thing was incredibly disorganised and I took another few weeks for them to actually schedule an interview, including being assigned into a division which I expressed no interest in joining.

The final interview was very informal. Just a 15 minute chat, which makes me wonder whether the position was filled before I stepped into the interview room. It took another month of constant emailing in order to find out the result of my interview, which was inevitably unsuccessful.

A couple of days after finding out the result, I was informed of a full time role which they thought would suit me, and which I expressed much interest in pursuing. After promising to send me the job spec and arrange an interview in the coming days, they did not contact me. After 2 weeks, I contacted them only to find out the position had closed the day before.

I was thoroughly disappointed with the whole process. It smacked of incompetence and was extremely disorganised. It is upsetting to see such a respectable company outsourcing its recruitment process as it makes the whole process very confused and leads to misunderstandings between candidates and recruiters, as well as between State Street offices.

Stoak Loan, Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at State Street (London, England (UK)) in April 2015.

Interview

applied online. after a month or so got a call to arrange interview. on interview day first had around 30 minute with HR and then the manager of the team

Interview Questions

• HR person wanted to know about past roles, skills set, salary expectaion, reason for moving/looking   1 Answer

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at State Street (London, England (UK)) in February 2015.

Interview

Wrote a cover letter and sent in my CV, then got sent online maths tests. A few weeks later I had an offered for interview. It was a really good interview and the interviewer was able to create conversation rather than just sticking to specific questions. They said I would hear back within a week, but i didn't hear back for about 3 weeks, but that is probably because I didn't get the job.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at State Street (London, England (UK)) in May 2014.

Interview

HR Screening call, interview with two managers (1 hour), plus half an hour with HR talent acquisition.
    Was told that I would be advised of their decision by the end of the following week, I followed up at the end of that week and was ignored.