State Street Officer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

State Street Officer Interview Questions

Updated Jan 27, 2017

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at State Street (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview consisted of 3 calls and one in person super day, fairly simple mostly behavioral questions, HR was terribly disorganized, one of the interviewers was not engaged and didn't promote the company

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for State Street

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at State Street (Kansas City, MO) in December 2016.

Interview

I interviewed with two AVPs from different teams and were unfamiliar with any of my work. The interview turned into more of a consulting session for they way our team (cough-cough) completed certain processes and what it might look like for their teams.

Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at State Street in September 2016.

Interview

Your experience real depends on the recruiter that picks up your cv. I was fortunate to have a really good one that replied to emails and followed up. It took me 3 interviews but she did not give up. Most disappeared after the 1st try.

1st step - phone with recruiter to go over job and your CV.

2nd - interview with 2 manager usually VP & AVp depends on position.

Then just stay in touch w recruiter for feedback.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Easy , do your research on comp to know when to ask and when to accept. Each level has a max comp.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at State Street (Boston, MA) in March 2015.

Interview

Interviewed with a groups SVP & AVP for an Officer position. The interview was rather difficult considering it was for an Officer position and the questions they asked were geared to a more senior level role. I was asked to go over a case study with both interviewers.

Interview Questions

• They asked me what type of reports I would gather for a client inquiry without having any knowledge of the systems and reports they use.   Answer Question

Officer Interview

Interview

Most interviews at State Street are pretty short and painless. You will have to meet with two people in the room. One person will most likely be more senior than the other and lead the dicusssion. There is a set list of standard HR questions that are supposed to be asked, but most interviewers have their own set of targeted questions to ask based on the group they are in.

Interview Questions

• Describe an idea you came up with to improve a process in your current job [or at college]. How did you identify the need to improve? What approach did you take? What was the outcome?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at State Street (New York, NY) in June 2014.

Interview

2 Interviews. Met with employees. Took a quiz. Was interesting. Met with recruiter. Advised that I go in. Office space could be better.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I interviewed at State Street (Boston, MA) in May 2014.

Interview

I met with two Vice Presidents for an internal promotion. I mostly discussed my experience and wasn't asked too many direct questions. I initially felt the interview process went pretty smoothly and I ultimately go the job offer. It was a good experience.

Interview Questions

• How many lawnmowers are owned in the US? This was when I applied entry level.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

phone and face to face.

Negotiation

do or die...take it or leave it kind.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at State Street (Boston, MA) in April 2012.

Interview

The interview process was fairly straightforward. I discussed my resume and experience with 3 team members. The focus was more on what my skills are and if I would like to work on the project. Questions were mostly behavioral with some focus on how i would work on the project. After my initial 3 interviews, I was called in to talk with the SVP of the department. It was a good experience - some difficult questions regarding the project but mostly testing my fit and interest for the project.

Got another offer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at State Street (Boston, MA) in April 2011.

Interview

New business opportunity generated several new positions. Very friendly and the head of the team conducted the interview. Relaxed yet a definite information sharing session. Come with your industry knowledge at your finger-tips, don't expect to just fluff it. Entry level positions used to include full training but no longer. This is the major sticking point with folks arriving on the floor - no consistency with the hiring process and it is either feast or famine. Perhaps laying off half the HR Department wasn't such a good move several years ago.

Interview Questions

• Questions about derrivatives pricing and products.   1 Answer
    • Proprietory computer programs to support daily activity.   1 Answer

The interview was for a position that I was unqualified for. They would have hired me but I knew it wasn't right so pulled self from contention.