State Street Operations Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 14, 2017

2.5

8 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at State Street (Boston, MA) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview was 1 hour, the basic questions with a few like "what type of animal/fruit are you"? Questions about the company and the job description. Overall good interview process.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for State Street

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at State Street (Sacramento, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

I got a phone interview with HR two weeks after I submitted my application. I passed the screen then I was contacted by a HR coordinator regarding an on-site interview. We chatted on a Friday and she mentioned that she would send me a confirmation email with the details but I had to email and remind her since she forgot. Anyways in the email, the coordinator kindly informed me that I would need a basic knowledge of mutual funds, NAVs, etc.

On-site interview: three interviewers and they never introduced their positions to me but I had a feeling the 'boss' was there since he was more outspoken than the other two interviewers. They went over my resume and I answered 4-5 behavioral questions that they read off of a list. I stumbled on one question because it was unexpected and I really didn't have a situation to answer it.

HR informed me through email that it was offered to someone else. Overall, I had a good experience. I had a few laughs with the HR lady and Rodney at security was friendly.

Interview Questions

• What is NAV and how is it calculated?   Answer Question
    • What's the difference between a stock and a bond?   Answer Question
    • What is a mutual fund and why someone would invest in a mutual fund?   Answer Question
    • How do you organize your time when you have to complete multiple assignments? (something like that)   Answer Question
    • Question regarding team work   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at State Street (Kansas City, MO) in June 2014.

Interview

Phone interview first, then on-site interview
    First they will run a resume review with you, ask a bunch of question regarding your education, the classes you took and experience you have had. Second, the interview will be followed with a group of behavioral questions focusing on what you would act under certain circumstance. Then it will be a few questions about your past experience.

Interview Questions

• Have you met any of these (____) circumstance? What did you do? How do you evaluate this experience?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at State Street (Boston, MA) in December 2013.

Interview

Very Easy going and open environment, no grilling.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at State Street (New Orleans, LA) in October 2013.

Interview

I applied online for position in KC, MO, along with a few others. I was notified a few days later to set up a phone interview, and the day before I sent in a resume and custom cover letter. I felt like I did very well with the HR manager, but I didn't find confirmation of the second round interview until a month later.

Interview Questions

• Nothing too unexpected, just information about your background, and mostly experiences found on resume. Asked what I knew about the position, and about the company in general.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was placed in a second interview a month later.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at State Street (New York, NY) in February 2013.

Interview

I applied online for the position and was contacted by the HR the next day to schedule an interview. I went to there and had interviews with a senior manager and two associates. I was scheduled to interview with another manager but he was in a meeting and was not able to. All took in one day that lasted about three hours.

Interview Questions

• Not much technical questions. It was mostly personality and straight forward questions about my background and resume.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at State Street (Boston, MA) in May 2010.

Interview

A group of interviewees was taken in to a room to hear a presentation and take a quick exam and then broken up to meet with managers.

Interview Questions

• Tell me when about your ability to work on a team?   1 Answer

Operations Associate Interview

Interview

- got interview by HR, they asked me about my background and past work experience
    - got interviewed by the hiring manager, they asked me what i could bring to the team and what i hoped to get out of this job