State Street Pricing Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 5, 2017

2.2

23 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State Street (Sacramento, CA).

Interview

Had a phone call screening. Then had a panel interview with a Senior Officer and 2 managers. Overall fairly easy questions. Discussed past experiences and knowledge of financial terms and excel.

Interview Questions

• What functions do you know in excel?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for State Street

Anonymous Employee in Quincy, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at State Street (Quincy, MA).

Interview

if youre an intern u will get a job regardless as a pricing specialist. all u will do is push buttons. plus turnover is so high that they will hire anyone. even the vp asked an intern if he has a friend that wants to intern.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

told them thier rivalry giving more more so they give me more

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at State Street (Sacramento, CA) in November 2013.

Interview

Received email to schedule a phone interview. Phone interview consisted of personality and fit-based questions, with a more detailed description of the position being offered. In person interview was scheduled for the following week in Sacramento office. This interview had a few technical questions about describing a bond or defining a Net Asset Value, but nothing too challenging. Also asked about long term career plans.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at State Street (Boston, MA).

Interview

After applying online I received a phone call in the following days asking a few basic questions. A few days later I received a call back asking to schedule an interview. I had the interview with 2 people. They essentially asked all behavioral questions. After the interview was over they said they would call back -- they didn't.

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at State Street (Sacramento, CA) in October 2013.

Interview

I had a phone interview in which the interviewer briefly went over my resume. I then went to the office where I did 2 sets of interviews, with 2 interviewers on each panel. The questions were all standard behavioral questions, nothing too complicated. 2 weeks late I got a call with an offer.

Interview Questions

• Most questions were standard behavioral questions. None of them stuck out to me as difficult, however they were very by the book in what they wanted. Be prepared to be detailed when describing your actions in certain situations, as well as letting the interview know what you were able to take away from each situation.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was not able to negotiate. The starting salary was set at $35,000.

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at State Street (Sacramento, CA) in August 2013.

Interview

Behavioral questions

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Non negotiable

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at State Street (Boston, MA) in January 2013.

Interview

Really straightforward. After I walked in a vice president led me into a room and ran over my resume. Then they asked a couple questions about times in which I handled a complicated or stressful information. Got a call a few days later saying that I got the internship.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time in which you handled a stressful situation.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at State Street (Sacramento, CA) in November 2012.

Interview

30 minute phone screen asking some basic behavioral questions, e.g. tell me a time you had to present data that people relied on. Then an in person interview: Two 2:1 interviews back to back, asking basic behavioral/situational questions, e.g. tell me about a time you struggled to meet deadlines. They asked similar questions, but not the same. There were a couple technical questions, e.g. what is the difference between a bond and a stock? What is NAV? How do you calculate it? What is a mutual fund?

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you helped someone else even though you were struggling with your own commitments.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. Start date flexible.

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at State Street (Kansas City, MO).

Interview

phone interview followed by one on one interview with account managers. was suppose to know the outcome of the interview within two weeks. Took a bit longer as I did not hear back from them for over a month. Paper work had to be approved by corporate then one week later got a job offer. After that background checks are preformed.

Interview Questions

• Give us an example of a time you had to think outside the box to solve a problem?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Absolutly no negotiating!

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at State Street (Boston, MA) in May 2012.

Interview

2 interviews, one over the phone one in person. Phone interview is extremely basic and easy, no real challenging questions besides why this industry. In person interview consisted of preset questions that were on a sheet of paper. Pretty basic interview w/ one person. Another person came in later to observe.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They called over the phone and offered me the job w/in the next 24 hours.