State Street Interview Questions in Quincy, MA | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 20, 2017

2.4

Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Quincy, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at State Street (Quincy, MA).

Interview

Phone interview was followed by an in person interview at the Quincy office. Only behavioral questions about my resume and experience in school. Heard back from the University Relations team a few hours after my interview and accepted the offer.

Client Operations Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Quincy, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at State Street (Quincy, MA) in September 2016.

Interview

Applied online. Got a call from a recruiter about a month later giving me details on salary and brief job description. A week or two later, I get another phone call from someone in HR to set up an interview. Got an interview with management in the department my position was in. Basic behavioral, entry level questions. I was offered the position through HR a few days later was given 48 hour notice to either accept or decline. Salary was low and there was no room for negotiation.

Salary.

Associate I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Quincy, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at State Street (Quincy, MA).

Interview

Applied online and then got a call back to participate at a State Street career fair. At the fair, I was assigned to do fairly quick interviews with 3 different team leaders. After the fair, I got an offer letter within 1 week. I was pleased with how fast they responded.

Interview Questions

• Very standard questions. Why do you want to work for State Street? What are your strengths and weaknesses? Describe an accomplishment you were proud of. Etc. etc.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at State Street (Quincy, MA) in May 2016.

Interview

HR contacted me via linked-in and I got f2f call after 2 months in StateStreet GS Business Unit. F2F was with 3 people. It was basically behavioral questions. They asked me basic questions about my experience, what projects I did in the past role, how do I work with people, my skills.

Custody Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Quincy, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at State Street (Quincy, MA).

Interview

Definitely easy, not too focused on candidate experience so if you are in need of a job they will be calling you back. Manager did an ok job with interviewing questions seem behavioral based, but I think a training on how to interview could make some vast improvements!

Interview Questions

• Are you eligible to work in the US?   1 Answer

Product Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Quincy, MA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at State Street (Quincy, MA) in October 2015.

Interview

one AVP and one officer interviewed me. nothing too difficult or too unexpected. had self-introduction, went through resume. They talked about what daily routine would be and whey they expected from me.

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Quincy, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State Street (Quincy, MA) in September 2015.

Interview

Applied on line. Had a phone interview with a recruiter. Then had an in person interview with a manager and another employee. Interview went well. Not many questions asked. I tried to keep interview going and they told me I had a lot of experience. I felt confident about getting hired. Never heard back. I contacted recruiter and was told they hired someone else with more experience. Weeks went by and I was offered another interview. Same type of position but with a different manager. She seemed very disinterested with the interview. Left there wondering why I was called back. Never heard anything again.

Senior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Quincy, MA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at State Street (Quincy, MA) in July 2015.

Interview

This was a contract to permanent position as a Software Engineer in the Derivatives division. I Interviewed with a VP and an overseas person who was managing support for the derivatives trading application. The application needed someone to come in and improve the performance as the current team was busy firefighting existing customer issues. The VP was primarily a Java developer so I feel that he and I did not connect as he did not really describe the position and what they were looking for. He started asking me to compare Java constructs to C++.

Interview Questions

• Describe multi-threaded programming techniques.   1 Answer

Pricing Specialist Associate II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Quincy, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at State Street (Quincy, MA).

Interview

Phone interview led to an in person interview. People were easy to talk to. No questions attempting to trick me, straight forward interviewing process. Offered and accepted the job happy with the interview experience.

Client Services Fund Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Quincy, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at State Street (Quincy, MA) in June 2014.

Interview

I only went on one interview that was set up by my recruiter. It was a fairly simple process. I got a slight tour of the building at first and then we sat in the conference room on the floor that the hiring manager worked on. We had a little small talk and then went over my resume and what the job I was applying for entailed.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a project you worked on.   1 Answer