State Street Vice President Interview Questions | Glassdoor

State Street Vice President Interview Questions

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at State Street (Boston, MA) in August 2016.

Interview

The initial contact was with the Human Resources recruiter who performed the standard screening before scheduling the meeting. The hiring manager then conducted the interview with many of the typical behavioral interview questions along with their expectations of the position and their ideal candidate. Then met with a couple of their peers.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for State Street

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at State Street (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

The interview began with a phone screen. The interview questions were behavioral based and fit questions. I thought overall HR was nice but there was this constant selling going on. I felt lead on in a way, like we can do this for you salary and we can do that for you, and I was approached online. Did not apply to any roles at the company. I felt they tried way too hard to sell the company and promote their culture.

Interview Questions

• What do you do at your current role?   1 Answer

Vice President Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at State Street in July 2015.

Interview

A telephone interview with a recruiter was followed about 10 days later with an in-person interview with the department head. The interview was very low pressure and conversational in nature. Questions centered on past experience. I got the feeling it was just as much about skills as personality match with the manager. There was a misunderstanding by Human Resources regarding the budgeted salary for the position. I was already earning over the maximum allowed for the job and should not have been placed into consideration.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about why you want to leave your current employer.   Answer Question

Vice President Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State Street.

Interview

Applied for two new positions through HR within company first time in sixteen years after I joined. One would think that you would at least get a call or email,from HR after application. Never heard from them. I followed up two times and responded that they were going to get back but never heard from them. This was totally a shock to me.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at State Street (Boston, MA) in June 2015.

Interview

Very Role based. You are likely an experienced hire and have been working for a few years on similar projects/ businesses

Most interviews begin with an HR introduction call , followed by the first assessment by the hiring manager.

Once they see a fit, the levels go up. You meet MDs, and SVPs and then followed by people in the team. Unlike other firms like Goldman or the big banks, meeting with other team members is considered least important.
    Its an old style hierarchical and parochial bank. The word of the senior guy matters and the senior guy focuses more on culture and fit and less on technical abilities

So cracking the hiring manager round and impressing the SVP takes precedence

Interview Questions

• Back ground based and role based   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at State Street (Princeton, NJ) in March 2012.

Interview

Recruiters do screen testing and phone interview. Human resources required fill form with general question, do small quiz testing and two developers with technical question and hire manager onsite interview. send offer letter after a week

Interview Questions

• Why do you work for this company? What area do you exporter?   Answer Question

Vice President Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at State Street in February 2011.

Interview

Good process, wanted examples with lots of details. Experience in customer service helped.

Interview Questions

• Specifics to the business that I wasn't familiar with -   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at State Street (Boston, MA) in August 2009.

Interview

Initially contacted by Talent Acquisition group based upon employee referral. Initial 30 minute interview with Talent Acquisition rep consisted of a brief review of the organizational structure and an overview of benefits. Proceeded to interview with hiring manager, which lasted about 30 minutes. General questions were asked. Hiring manager was comfortable with my background based upon referral from another employee. Interviewed with Department Head and two other members of department. Standard interview questions asked, including "So why are you the right person for the job?".

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult or unexpected questions asked. Very routine interview.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Quincy, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at State Street (Quincy, MA) in February 2009.

Interview

Interviewed with multipe individuals in the department in addition to HR