State of Alabama Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 6, 2017

2.5

Stockroom Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State of Alabama (Columbus, GA) in August 2017.

Interview

Glassdoor stock room employee - part-time. I thought the interview was thoughtful and brief. Thanks to technology. At times, I did not know what you meant; the job that I am applying for or the job I retired from.

Interview Questions

• Learn to work together and to get along with other employees   1 Answer
    • How much money desired.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at State of Alabama.

Interview

I was called to schedule an interview, but was out of town. They allowed me to have a phone interview a few days later but forgot to call me. I called them and they seemed to forgotten that I had a phone interview. I completed the interview and received an offer a few days later.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State of Alabama.

Interview

There is not an interview process for the position of correctional officer. You have age, educational and physical requirements that must me met. There is also a twelve week training academy that you must pass for APOSTC certification.

Professional Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at State of Alabama (Birmingham, AL) in June 2014.

Interview

Skyppe interview. It was a long process. Their connection was not good and the interview dropped a number of times. In hindsight, I should have seen that the work environment would not be supportive, and that the job was not as advertised.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not much. Take it or leave it.

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at State of Alabama.

Interview

Hiring process is long. It really depends on the department and type of position that you are applying for. My experience was about 6 months. I applied in May. Took test in June. Interviewed in December. Started working mid December.

Interview Questions

• I do not recall any questions during the interview process   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation was available.

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at State of Alabama.

Interview

interview with juvenile judge

Negotiation

no negotiations

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sheffield, AL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at State of Alabama (Sheffield, AL) in February 2013.

Interview

This was a promotional position. I was asked some standard interview questions.

Instructor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Muscle Shoals, AL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at State of Alabama (Muscle Shoals, AL) in April 2012.

Interview

Asked a lot of scenario questions

Negotiation

None

Interview

Pretty easy interview, I was asked if I am comfortable going into "crack houses", how I dealt with difficult people, I was asked to provide examples of difficult situations I had been in. They talked about the daily job duties of the social workers. It wasn't intimidating, I felt somewhat led through the interview so it was easy to figure out whet they were looking for.

Interview Questions

• Nothing really. I guess the most unexpected question was to give an example of dealling with a difficult or rude person.   Answer Question

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at State of Alabama in January 2008.

Interview

Disorganized...Should have been a clue to what organization was going ti be like. Interview was a "panel" of interviewers. If you have not previously worked for an agency of the state, takes a lot of getting use to. Everything is political.

Interview Questions

• What is your previous experience in education and/or training?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Never take the first offer...Always negotiate.