State of Alaska Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 14, 2017

2.9

Protective Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Anchorage, AK

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State of Alaska (Anchorage, AK).

Interview

3 Phrases. Initial interview of 4-5 questions. If you score well enough, move on to 2nd interview of 9 questions. Third phase is state checking all of your documents. Process happened pretty quick, but I was told that's rare.

Interview Questions

• General social work questions-Strengths based family work. Self-care.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State of Alaska.

Interview

four panel, round robin questioning, scenario prioritization test, feedback requested, close quarters around single desk, was generally very relaxed and open to conversation, not an intimidating atmosphere, very personable and respectful individuals, would gladly do it again

Health Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Anchorage, AK

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at State of Alaska (Anchorage, AK) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview consisted of a 3-person panel where each took turns asking prescribed questions. The questions ranged from experience/knowledge-based to behavioral questions. The interview was scheduled for an hour and took as much time.

Interview Questions

• How do you manage your workload in a fast-paced environment?   Answer Question

Deckhand Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kodiak, AK

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at State of Alaska (Kodiak, AK) in May 2015.

Interview

Networking with people in the town. Walked many miles and talked to hundreds of people asking for work. Phonecalls to multiple captains. Following up with people i contacted. Eventually was contacted by a skipper, he picked me up in his car and took me to his boat, asked me a few questions to get to know me and hired me on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Can you live on a boat for weeks at a time? Can you wake up early and work hard all day?   1 Answer
    • Do you get seasick? Are you a violent person? Can you be trusted?   1 Answer

Staff Auditor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Anchorage, AK

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at State of Alaska (Anchorage, AK).

Interview

It was a one on one with the audit manager. Straight forward questions. More or less want to make sure there will not be huge personality conflicts in the office.

Interview Questions

• Discussed what type of work environments I'm accustomed to..   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiations. State jobs don't allow for negotiations.

IT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Juneau, AK

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State of Alaska (Juneau, AK) in October 2013.

Interview

job announcement. phone interview (review of skills). in person. must submit current resume and cover letter and reference. phone skills test pertaining to position. 1 on 1.

Legislative Aide Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palmer, AK

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at State of Alaska (Palmer, AK) in October 2013.

Interview

I was referred to the legislator who hired me by a mutual acquaintance. I was contacted via phone call to gauge my interest in the position and then answered a few general questions about myself. I scheduled an in-person with the State House Representative a few days later where we discussed my experience, interests, strengths and weaknesses in greater detail. I was offered the job at the end of the interview.

Interview Questions

• List professional strengths and weaknesses. What sort of tasks are you comfortable performing, which tasks are you less comfortable with? Any policy experience, or interest in policy work?   Answer Question

Foreman Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fairbanks, AK

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at State of Alaska (Fairbanks, AK) in June 2011.

Interview

The hiring process for this position is: posting is internal only--employees sign up for it. Employees signed up are ranked for seniority, and the top 3 get to interview. The interview process involves being interviewed by a 3 person panel, as well as several aptitude tests.

Analyst Programmer V Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Juneau, AK

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at State of Alaska (Juneau, AK) in February 2011.

Interview

I was contacted on off-hours by a former co-worker. She was filling a position and was wondering if I was interested for an interview. We worked well together in the past, so I accepted the interview. The room was cozy. My co worker and the director was there, as well as an Anchorage office worker via teleconference. They tested my database. and language knowledge as well as business practices.

Tips for others?

1. Dress sharp. If you go to church, that is the way to dress. Clean cut and tidy.

Employment Security Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Anchorage, AK

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at State of Alaska (Anchorage, AK) in May 2010.

Interview

Specific web site: Workplace Alaska, register, review the job description in detail, attend a workshop for that specific application process or call an Alaska Job Center and ask for an ESSIB to help. Submit application before close out date and time (Juneau Alaska time).

Interview Questions

• What do you know about our agency and its mission and goals?   1 Answer

Negotiation

The plan was that I could conduct facilitation classes. As a government agency there was no financial negotiations.