State of Alaska Law Clerk II Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.0

1 Candidate Interview ReviewBack to all Interviews

Law Clerk II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kenai, AK

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at State of Alaska (Kenai, AK) in February 2009.

Interview

I submitted a packet which contained resume, cover letter, transcripts, and writing sample. Completed the background check before interview was scheduled. Spoke with the law clerk to coordinate the interview. I spoke with the judge briefly. He didn't ask too many questions about my background. We spoke about common interests and that was about it. It was a very easy interview. The law clerk contacted me to schedule a follow-up phone call and then the judge offered me the position.

Interview Questions

• He asked about theaters in Chicago because he once went to Chicago on a business trip?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There wasn't too much negotiation. The salary is set in advance. Although, the salary can be higher for those who have legal experience. The policy regarding reimbursements for travel expenses is set in advance. It is a good place to work. Whether you are thinking about settling in Alaska or not. There is potential to make it to the attorney general's office.