State of Arizona Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at State of Arizona

2.8

Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at State of Arizona (Tucson, AZ).

Interview

There were 3 panelists. All were Supervisors of their Departments. One of them was the Hiring Official. They asked questions. The questions were also in front of me. It went well.

Interview Questions

• What was one difficult experience you had with a youth/young adult and how did you handle it?   1 Answer

Assistant Attorney General Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at State of Arizona (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

I was interviewed by a 3 member panel and asked questions that were varied in nature, including substantive law questions, judgment questions, and ethics questions. The interview was approximately 3-4 hours and I was able to ask questions as well

Interview Questions

• I don't recall all the questions. But some were:
      how do you motivate your team to cooperate and achieve goals?
      what is your experience in supervising other attorneys and staff members?   Answer Question

Senior Investigator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at State of Arizona (Phoenix, AZ) in May 2016.

Interview

Approximately 12 weeks after applying I received a call to interview. I completed the first interview in front of a three person panel. They read questions from a prewritten interview question paper and the questions were what you would typically expect for an investigator position. Such as please tell us about an experience with a disgruntles co-worker or a personality conflict or most complex investigation, proudest accomplishment......

Interview Questions

• Experience and provide examples.   1 Answer

Information Technology Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at State of Arizona (Phoenix, AZ) in June 2015.

Interview

This process is pretty much the same for ALL State of Arizona Jobs.

First thing is that it may take a week or 2 from when you apply before you will get a response. In my case it was an email, then a phone call to schedule an interview.

You will have to fill out a form with a VERY long list of horrible crimes that you are certifying that you have not committed. The form is very specific. Do not lie. They will verify your background.

You will have a panel interview, consisting of 2 or 3 people. You will be given a set of 10 random questions in a notebook. The interviewers will ask you the questions in the book. They will not generally look at you while you answer. As much as possible answer the question but do it in a way that explains your skills and experience, since there are rarely any followup questions elaborate on anything you are real good at. The interviewers will take notes on what you say. It is ok to talk a lot about the subject of the question and to relate it to anything you think is relevant to the job and your abilities. Do not ramble, do not lie.

At the end of the interview there may be some follow up questions, answer them in a similar fashion. You will be given an opportunity to ask questions, take advantage of this.

After the interview and depending on how many responses they got from their listing it can take a month or longer to get a followup from the interview. If you are not selected you will probably get an email saying so. If you are a candidate they will call you. From this point they will call your references. They want 10 years of supervisor references not co-workers. If they cannot get 10 years of references they may not hire you. If they cannot get a hold of your references they will most likely not hire you.

If you do not hear anything after the post interview call within a week, call the HR person who called you initially and follow up. The most likely bottleneck will be your references.

I highly recommend letting your references know a call is coming. The call will most likely come from an unknown number.

After they contact your references and if all is good, they will send you an offer letter in an email or fax or whatever works best for you. In some cases a physical is required.

Your salary offer will be based on a number of variables: experience, certifications, peer earnings, and more. Do not expect much wiggle room, but if there are any certifications that you forgot to mention in the interview or on the application now would be a good time to let them know.

Your first day will be on a Monday at the start of the next pay period.

Interview Questions

• Questions are random so posting them will not help, in the case of my interview they were about things that anyone who has about 2 or 3 years of experience should know.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate much, the offer was very fair.

Legal Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State of Arizona (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

Typical interview and not a panel interview. Interview process was very easy. I met with the hiring manager and some employees that I would work closely with. The interview process from start to finish was about 2 weeks and I received an offer.

Systems Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at State of Arizona in February 2010.

Interview

Hiring process is slow in some cases. Average hiring time frame can be from 3 - 6 months.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. You are hired at the specified salary.

Finance Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at State of Arizona (Phoenix, AZ) in August 2016.

Interview

Interviewed by a group of people who each had an identical set of questions. Each took turns going around the room and reading a question from the set of questions.

Secretary Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State of Arizona (Phoenix, AZ) in January 2016.

Interview

Panel Interview with three supervisors. They were on time for the interview. It lasted about 30 minutes. They asked a series of situational questions, While you're answering their question they are writing your responses.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you would be the right person for the job. How do you handle irate customers on the phone. What skills or qualities make you the right person for this job. How have you handled a difficult situation with a co-worker or supervisor that was affecting your job.   2 Answers

IT Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at State of Arizona (Phoenix, AZ) in May 2013.

Interview

about one hour interview and then next day I was asked for reference and background check. 2 days after the HR contact me with the salary. The whole process is about 1 week.

Human Resources Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at State of Arizona (Phoenix, AZ) in November 2014.

Interview

Panel interview with 3 staff. Given the interview questions to review and fill out forms. Was called to the interview room before I even had a chance to review because the first person that was supposed to give me paperwork was running late. We sat at a round table in an office. The lead interviewer introduced herself and the other interviewers and their roles in the dept. each took turns asking questions. The panel portion was about 45 minutes standard behavioral interview questions. After that was finished, I was instructed to complete a typed portion of interview , how I would handle certain HR situations. Finished that in about 20 to 30 minutes. Nothing too surprising.

Interview Questions

• Cannot recall specific. Very applicable to job description. How do you andle an employee grievance..   Answer Question