State of Arizona Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 15, 2016

2.9

Assistant Attorney General Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at State of Arizona (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

I was interviewed by a 3 member panel and asked questions that were varied in nature, including substantive law questions, judgment questions, and ethics questions. The interview was approximately 3-4 hours and I was able to ask questions as well

Interview Questions

• I don't recall all the questions. But some were:
      how do you motivate your team to cooperate and achieve goals?
      what is your experience in supervising other attorneys and staff members?
      Answer Question

DCS Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at State of Arizona (Phoenix, AZ) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview is everything they tell you. Pretty self explanatory. The written portion is one question and the interview is 11. Sure it's easy but it's also easy to mess up, so think your questions through.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had to discipline an employee   Answer Question

Finance Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at State of Arizona (Phoenix, AZ) in August 2016.

Interview

Interviewed by a group of people who each had an identical set of questions. Each took turns going around the room and reading a question from the set of questions.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about us?   1 Answer

Custorme Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State of Arizona (Phoenix, AZ) in July 2016.

Interview

I applied online. I received a voicemail to call and schedule an interview. I returned the call and left a voice message. We finally connected and scheduled an interview. I received a letter of invitation for the interview. The interview was a 3 panel in person interview. I was told that they were conducting more interviews and I would be contacted if selected or not.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle an irate customer   1 Answer

Secretary Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State of Arizona (Phoenix, AZ) in January 2016.

Interview

Panel Interview with three supervisors. They were on time for the interview. It lasted about 30 minutes. They asked a series of situational questions, While you're answering their question they are writing your responses.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you would be the right person for the job. How do you handle irate customers on the phone. What skills or qualities make you the right person for this job. How have you handled a difficult situation with a co-worker or supervisor that was affecting your job.   2 Answers

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at State of Arizona.

Interview

Group Interview - All building managers sit in and choose the likely candidate to be hired - They determine which candidate will be picked for there specific area- If there are ten areas needing staff they will hire 10 candidates for the position needed

Env Eng Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at State of Arizona (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

Interview took place by phone. Had several phone interviews which was to my advantage I think. The supervisor asked good technical questions and asked me if I was ok giving a notice of violation for a company I had worked for. I did not meet the supervisor until I showed up for my first day at work and even then I reported for orientation training and did not meet the supervisor until after that. It was the best hiring experience I have ever had: I was hired without any sort of predjudice caused by my appearance.

Interview Questions

• As I said above "Would you be ok giving a former employer a notice of violation?"   1 Answer

Information Technology Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at State of Arizona (Phoenix, AZ) in June 2015.

Interview

This process is pretty much the same for ALL State of Arizona Jobs.

First thing is that it may take a week or 2 from when you apply before you will get a response. In my case it was an email, then a phone call to schedule an interview.

You will have to fill out a form with a VERY long list of horrible crimes that you are certifying that you have not committed. The form is very specific. Do not lie. They will verify your background.

You will have a panel interview, consisting of 2 or 3 people. You will be given a set of 10 random questions in a notebook. The interviewers will ask you the questions in the book. They will not generally look at you while you answer. As much as possible answer the question but do it in a way that explains your skills and experience, since there are rarely any followup questions elaborate on anything you are real good at. The interviewers will take notes on what you say. It is ok to talk a lot about the subject of the question and to relate it to anything you think is relevant to the job and your abilities. Do not ramble, do not lie.

At the end of the interview there may be some follow up questions, answer them in a similar fashion. You will be given an opportunity to ask questions, take advantage of this.

After the interview and depending on how many responses they got from their listing it can take a month or longer to get a followup from the interview. If you are not selected you will probably get an email saying so. If you are a candidate they will call you. From this point they will call your references. They want 10 years of supervisor references not co-workers. If they cannot get 10 years of references they may not hire you. If they cannot get a hold of your references they will most likely not hire you.

If you do not hear anything after the post interview call within a week, call the HR person who called you initially and follow up. The most likely bottleneck will be your references.

I highly recommend letting your references know a call is coming. The call will most likely come from an unknown number.

After they contact your references and if all is good, they will send you an offer letter in an email or fax or whatever works best for you. In some cases a physical is required.

Your salary offer will be based on a number of variables: experience, certifications, peer earnings, and more. Do not expect much wiggle room, but if there are any certifications that you forgot to mention in the interview or on the application now would be a good time to let them know.

Your first day will be on a Monday at the start of the next pay period.

Interview Questions

• Questions are random so posting them will not help, in the case of my interview they were about things that anyone who has about 2 or 3 years of experience should know.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate much, the offer was very fair.

Clerk III Interview

Anonymous Employee in Harrisburg, PA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at State of Arizona (Harrisburg, PA).

Interview

extremely simple one of the easiest interviews I've had in my life compared to now basic questions about your work history what you can offer and the job position with your experience

Interview Questions

• when you work for the state of Pennsylvania you coming in as an entry-level employee you do not have to have experience they train you for all positions so I did not have any difficult questions and I had very little training but I was a fast learner and I have some customer service experience   Answer Question

Criminal Investigator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at State of Arizona (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

I was interviewed by one person who asked five preselected questions. The candidate was already selected for the position, but they are required to go through the steps. They hired someone who didn't even meet the minimum qualifications. I interviewed for the same position five times, for five different prison complexes. Everyone chosen for these positions didn't even meet the education requirement, and none had more experience or time in than I did. Also, the chosen applicants were not asked the five questions that the rest of us were asked.

Interview Questions

• Describe the Forth Amendment   1 Answer