State of Arizona Interview Questions | Glassdoor

State of Arizona Interview Questions

Updated May 6, 2017

13 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Communications Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State of Arizona.

Interview

Straightforward communications to set up interview time. The State was accommodating with dates for the interview. I arrived and talked with one person who clearly was not prepared for the interview because I was not truly being considered.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. This was literally the only question I was asked and because the interviewer did not bring any pen and paper and was reading my resume in front of me I quickly realized that I was not truly under consideration. A previous interview with the Department of Economic Security involved substantial note taking and a brief computer writing test and I was made an offer for that position.   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at State of Arizona (Phoenix, AZ) in March 2017.

Interview

Firstly, the individual who invited me to interview (and was consequently one of the interviewers) acted very unprofessionally, and I don't say that lightly. Too much to get into specifically, but for a brief example, I had to repeatedly ask for the interview location to be sent to me beforehand. The interview itself was pretty standard, with a panel and some process related questions. I kept feeling rushed through the interview and they didn't seem interested in me expanding on my answers. I asked for a hiring timeline at the end and was told "about 3 weeks". I received an email the next day saying another candidate was selected. I followed up to see if this was an error and received no responses back. It appears that for some positions there is no intention of hiring external candidates.

Interview Questions

• Q: Explain an instance when you disagreed with a supervisor's review of your performance.   Answer Question

Assistant Attorney General Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at State of Arizona (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

I was interviewed by a 3 member panel and asked questions that were varied in nature, including substantive law questions, judgment questions, and ethics questions. The interview was approximately 3-4 hours and I was able to ask questions as well

Interview Questions

• I don't recall all the questions. But some were:
      how do you motivate your team to cooperate and achieve goals?
      what is your experience in supervising other attorneys and staff members?   Answer Question

Finance Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at State of Arizona (Phoenix, AZ) in August 2016.

Interview

Interviewed by a group of people who each had an identical set of questions. Each took turns going around the room and reading a question from the set of questions.

Custorme Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State of Arizona (Phoenix, AZ) in July 2016.

Interview

I applied online. I received a voicemail to call and schedule an interview. I returned the call and left a voice message. We finally connected and scheduled an interview. I received a letter of invitation for the interview. The interview was a 3 panel in person interview. I was told that they were conducting more interviews and I would be contacted if selected or not.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle an irate customer   1 Answer

Secretary Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State of Arizona (Phoenix, AZ) in January 2016.

Interview

Panel Interview with three supervisors. They were on time for the interview. It lasted about 30 minutes. They asked a series of situational questions, While you're answering their question they are writing your responses.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you would be the right person for the job. How do you handle irate customers on the phone. What skills or qualities make you the right person for this job. How have you handled a difficult situation with a co-worker or supervisor that was affecting your job.   2 Answers

Criminal Investigator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at State of Arizona (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

I was interviewed by one person who asked five preselected questions. The candidate was already selected for the position, but they are required to go through the steps. They hired someone who didn't even meet the minimum qualifications. I interviewed for the same position five times, for five different prison complexes. Everyone chosen for these positions didn't even meet the education requirement, and none had more experience or time in than I did. Also, the chosen applicants were not asked the five questions that the rest of us were asked.

Interview Questions

• Describe the Forth Amendment   1 Answer

Human Resources Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at State of Arizona (Phoenix, AZ) in November 2014.

Interview

Panel interview with 3 staff. Given the interview questions to review and fill out forms. Was called to the interview room before I even had a chance to review because the first person that was supposed to give me paperwork was running late. We sat at a round table in an office. The lead interviewer introduced herself and the other interviewers and their roles in the dept. each took turns asking questions. The panel portion was about 45 minutes standard behavioral interview questions. After that was finished, I was instructed to complete a typed portion of interview , how I would handle certain HR situations. Finished that in about 20 to 30 minutes. Nothing too surprising.

Interview Questions

• Cannot recall specific. Very applicable to job description. How do you andle an employee grievance..   Answer Question

Call Center Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at State of Arizona in May 2014.

Interview

There was two people and they both had a list of questions to ask. The questions were random questions as to what I can contribute. They already know who they want to hire, it is just a process.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation that was difficult and what did you do about it?   1 Answer

Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at State of Arizona in October 2013.

Interview

I was contacted by an HR employee to schedule a phone interview because I was out of state. The interview consisted of an HR employee, research director, and two research analysts taking turns asking me questions about my interest, experience, and fit for the position. The director also asked me some individual questions about my school and past jobs at the beginning. They told me that if I advanced past the first interview then I would be given an in-person interview. They told me that the person hired for the person would be working only on a specific research project. It seemed they were concerned about my availability for the position since I was still a few months away from graduating. After the interview I was emailed a writing assignment and told that I had 15 minutes to complete it and send it to them. I was told about a week later that I was not selected for the position. When I contacted them to ask why I was advanced they would not provide any information.