State of Arizona Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

52 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at State of Arizona (Tucson, AZ).

Interview

There were 3 panelists. All were Supervisors of their Departments. One of them was the Hiring Official. They asked questions. The questions were also in front of me. It went well.

Interview Questions

• What was one difficult experience you had with a youth/young adult and how did you handle it?   1 Answer

Mainframe Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State of Arizona (Phoenix, AZ) in October 2017.

Interview

I worked there before and also had there several interviews the last year but for different positions. This was a panel interview with three managers, including a prospective supervisor. There was a reprinted list of questions: behavioral and technical (Mainframe, JCL, COBOL, Adabas/Natural). I answered all of them 95% correctly. The next day I got a call about providing work references. I received the finalized job offer one week later and gladly accepted it.

Interview Questions

• Q. What Natural Command adds records to Database File.   1 Answer
    • Q: Describe usage End Transaction   Answer Question
    • Q: What is a difference between PE an MU fields.   Answer Question
    • Q: Have you ever had to contradict your boss?   Answer Question
    • Q: Describe a situation when you were very close to miss an important deadline?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Casa Grande, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at State of Arizona (Casa Grande, AZ) in October 2017.

Interview

I applied online for the DCS speacialist position and recieved an email to fill out an application and other documents about two weeks later. Required employement and criminal history, transcript, driving record, and other standard questions. After I filled out the paperwork I recieved a phone call for an in person interview about a week later. The first part of the interview was a written test that asked "what is your understanding of family centered practices?" They gave you thirty minutes to answer and then took you to a room of a two person interview. The interview consisted of 11 behavioral based questions using the STAR format. The questions are provided on a sheet of paper in front of you and they give you pen and paper to take notes. However, it moves quickly so there is not much time. They started by asking basic questions about your work history, availability, the position, salary, etc. mostly yes/no type of questions. After followed the behavioral questions. The interviewers were friendly and casual just be prepared with answers beforehand. They sent an email the following day saying that they had chosen to move forward with another candidate.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to obtain critical information from someone and how did you go about doing that?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you handled a difficult customer or conflict and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question
    • Is there anything we havent asked you that you would like us to?   Answer Question

Legal Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State of Arizona (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

Typical interview and not a panel interview. Interview process was very easy. I met with the hiring manager and some employees that I would work closely with. The interview process from start to finish was about 2 weeks and I received an offer.

Communications Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State of Arizona.

Interview

Straightforward communications to set up interview time. The State was accommodating with dates for the interview. I arrived and talked with one person who clearly was not prepared for the interview because I was not truly being considered.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. This was literally the only question I was asked and because the interviewer did not bring any pen and paper and was reading my resume in front of me I quickly realized that I was not truly under consideration. A previous interview with the Department of Economic Security involved substantial note taking and a brief computer writing test and I was made an offer for that position.   1 Answer

Program Eligibility Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at State of Arizona (Tucson, AZ) in May 2017.

Interview

Very straight-forward interview. 2 person panel. Interview questions were provided before hand and a minute or two was provided to review them. Also had to take written evaluation & reading comprehension exam (read material, answer questions on material).

Interview Questions

• 1. What does integrity mean to you? Describe a situation when a coworker didn't display integrity and how you responded. (2) Describe a situation with a difficult coworker and how resolution was reached. (3) What's the first thing you'd do if your car broke down during lunch hour? (4) What all is entailed to have and promote a positive work environment (i.e. what contributes to a positive work environment)?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at State of Arizona (Phoenix, AZ) in March 2017.

Interview

Firstly, the individual who invited me to interview (and was consequently one of the interviewers) acted very unprofessionally, and I don't say that lightly. Too much to get into specifically, but for a brief example, I had to repeatedly ask for the interview location to be sent to me beforehand. The interview itself was pretty standard, with a panel and some process related questions. I kept feeling rushed through the interview and they didn't seem interested in me expanding on my answers. I asked for a hiring timeline at the end and was told "about 3 weeks". I received an email the next day saying another candidate was selected. I followed up to see if this was an error and received no responses back. It appears that for some positions there is no intention of hiring external candidates.

Interview Questions

• Q: Explain an instance when you disagreed with a supervisor's review of your performance.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at State of Arizona (Tucson, AZ) in January 2017.

Interview

2 people in a room. Written test. Verbal questions. People were pleasant and has great personality. They made me feel relaxed and comfortable . I think it was a wonderful experience as an interview.

Assistant Attorney General Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at State of Arizona (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

I was interviewed by a 3 member panel and asked questions that were varied in nature, including substantive law questions, judgment questions, and ethics questions. The interview was approximately 3-4 hours and I was able to ask questions as well

Interview Questions

• I don't recall all the questions. But some were:
      how do you motivate your team to cooperate and achieve goals?
      what is your experience in supervising other attorneys and staff members?   Answer Question

DCS Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State of Arizona (Phoenix, AZ) in October 2016.

Interview

Easy they asked normal job questions about struggles with previous customer service experience and how to handle it as well as culture based questions and how to manage cases. It was an easy interview you just have to show your personality

Interview Questions

• Recall a time you worked with someone of a different culture, how did you work with them and what did you have to xhange   Answer Question