State of Arizona Interview Questions | Glassdoor

State of Arizona Interview Questions

Updated Jul 13, 2017

2.8

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at State of Arizona.

Interview

feels like a board meeting where they try to intimidate you but they don't even know what to do

Negotiation

25000 take it or leave it

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at State of Arizona.

Interview

The interview process was actually quite good. We were given prior information about the type of interview to expect. There was a very experienced person present which helped a lot. The other person turned out to be my boss. It was quite clear the less experienced interviewer relied too heavily upon the supplied information and just as clear that this person was unsure of meanings of words. I probably should have known right then that it was going to be uncomfortable working with this person, and it most certainly is. I have never worked for anyone so incapable.

Interview Questions

• 'Tell about a time you disagreed with your boss, how you handled it and what was the outcome.'   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was none.

PSE I Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State of Arizona.

Interview

Applied online. Got a phone call about three weeks later. The call was brief just asking my interest and some basic info. Had a panel interview with two managers. Got a call a week later to verify my references. A few days later I got an email stating I got the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Salary was non negotiable. Was able to choose schedule and location.

Criminal Investigator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at State of Arizona (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

I was interviewed by one person who asked five preselected questions. The candidate was already selected for the position, but they are required to go through the steps. They hired someone who didn't even meet the minimum qualifications. I interviewed for the same position five times, for five different prison complexes. Everyone chosen for these positions didn't even meet the education requirement, and none had more experience or time in than I did. Also, the chosen applicants were not asked the five questions that the rest of us were asked.

Interview Questions

• Describe the Forth Amendment   1 Answer

Clerk III Interview

Anonymous Employee in Harrisburg, PA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at State of Arizona (Harrisburg, PA).

Interview

extremely simple one of the easiest interviews I've had in my life compared to now basic questions about your work history what you can offer and the job position with your experience

Interview Questions

• when you work for the state of Pennsylvania you coming in as an entry-level employee you do not have to have experience they train you for all positions so I did not have any difficult questions and I had very little training but I was a fast learner and I have some customer service experience   Answer Question

Env Eng Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at State of Arizona (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

Interview took place by phone. Had several phone interviews which was to my advantage I think. The supervisor asked good technical questions and asked me if I was ok giving a notice of violation for a company I had worked for. I did not meet the supervisor until I showed up for my first day at work and even then I reported for orientation training and did not meet the supervisor until after that. It was the best hiring experience I have ever had: I was hired without any sort of predjudice caused by my appearance.

Interview Questions

• As I said above "Would you be ok giving a former employer a notice of violation?"   1 Answer

Region Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at State of Arizona (Tucson, AZ) in March 2011.

Interview

Three member Panel Interview. Written essay included after the verbal Interview. Utilization of the Targeted Selection Process, which included the best fit for the position. Opportunity provided at the end of the interview to showcase my skills, etc.

Interview Questions

• What could I bring to the table?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation, salary set in stone.

Facilities Maintenance Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in South Bend, IN

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at State of Arizona (South Bend, IN) in August 2014.

Interview

Was ask how long I've been in the field of maintenance? Could I perform duties consisted with repairs in building upkeep. What questions I had for them, and how I would work in a team environment..

Interview Questions

• Could I follow safety policies, and procedures, and handle multiple demands.   1 Answer

Communications Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State of Arizona.

Interview

Straightforward communications to set up interview time. The State was accommodating with dates for the interview. I arrived and talked with one person who clearly was not prepared for the interview because I was not truly being considered.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. This was literally the only question I was asked and because the interviewer did not bring any pen and paper and was reading my resume in front of me I quickly realized that I was not truly under consideration. A previous interview with the Department of Economic Security involved substantial note taking and a brief computer writing test and I was made an offer for that position.   1 Answer

Legal Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State of Arizona (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

Typical interview and not a panel interview. Interview process was very easy. I met with the hiring manager and some employees that I would work closely with. The interview process from start to finish was about 2 weeks and I received an offer.