State of Arizona Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 22, 2017

2.8

Support Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State of Arizona (Phoenix, AZ) in September 2013.

Interview

Got a call about 3 weeks after I applied for the job online. They asked if I wanted to come in for an interview, which I agreed to. The interview consisted of a panel of 3 supervisors who each asked me pre-determined questions which were written on a piece of paper (each person, myself included, was given a copy). The interview lasted about 25 minutes.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a disagreement with your manager?   1 Answer

Communications Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State of Arizona.

Interview

Straightforward communications to set up interview time. The State was accommodating with dates for the interview. I arrived and talked with one person who clearly was not prepared for the interview because I was not truly being considered.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. This was literally the only question I was asked and because the interviewer did not bring any pen and paper and was reading my resume in front of me I quickly realized that I was not truly under consideration. A previous interview with the Department of Economic Security involved substantial note taking and a brief computer writing test and I was made an offer for that position.   1 Answer

Eligibility Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State of Arizona (Phoenix, AZ) in April 2013.

Interview

Online assessment, In person interview -- two two panel face to face, interviewers were pleasant. They alternated questions. This was three years ago the process may have now changed. Good Luck

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you head to deal with a difficult customer   Answer Question

Facilities Maintenance Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in South Bend, IN

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at State of Arizona (South Bend, IN) in August 2014.

Interview

Was ask how long I've been in the field of maintenance? Could I perform duties consisted with repairs in building upkeep. What questions I had for them, and how I would work in a team environment..

Interview Questions

• Could I follow safety policies, and procedures, and handle multiple demands.   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at State of Arizona (Phoenix, AZ) in March 2017.

Interview

Firstly, the individual who invited me to interview (and was consequently one of the interviewers) acted very unprofessionally, and I don't say that lightly. Too much to get into specifically, but for a brief example, I had to repeatedly ask for the interview location to be sent to me beforehand. The interview itself was pretty standard, with a panel and some process related questions. I kept feeling rushed through the interview and they didn't seem interested in me expanding on my answers. I asked for a hiring timeline at the end and was told "about 3 weeks". I received an email the next day saying another candidate was selected. I followed up to see if this was an error and received no responses back. It appears that for some positions there is no intention of hiring external candidates.

Interview Questions

• Q: Explain an instance when you disagreed with a supervisor's review of your performance.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at State of Arizona (Tucson, AZ) in January 2017.

Interview

2 people in a room. Written test. Verbal questions. People were pleasant and has great personality. They made me feel relaxed and comfortable . I think it was a wonderful experience as an interview.

IT Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at State of Arizona (Phoenix, AZ) in May 2013.

Interview

about one hour interview and then next day I was asked for reference and background check. 2 days after the HR contact me with the salary. The whole process is about 1 week.

DCS Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at State of Arizona (Phoenix, AZ) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview is everything they tell you. Pretty self explanatory. The written portion is one question and the interview is 11. Sure it's easy but it's also easy to mess up, so think your questions through.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had to discipline an employee   Answer Question

Assistant Attorney General Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at State of Arizona (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

I was interviewed by a 3 member panel and asked questions that were varied in nature, including substantive law questions, judgment questions, and ethics questions. The interview was approximately 3-4 hours and I was able to ask questions as well

Interview Questions

• I don't recall all the questions. But some were:
      how do you motivate your team to cooperate and achieve goals?
      what is your experience in supervising other attorneys and staff members?
      Answer Question

Finance Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at State of Arizona (Phoenix, AZ) in August 2016.

Interview

Interviewed by a group of people who each had an identical set of questions. Each took turns going around the room and reading a question from the set of questions.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about us?   1 Answer