State of Arizona Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at State of Arizona

2.8

Program Eligibility Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at State of Arizona (Tucson, AZ) in May 2017.

Interview

Very straight-forward interview. 2 person panel. Interview questions were provided before hand and a minute or two was provided to review them. Also had to take written evaluation & reading comprehension exam (read material, answer questions on material).

Interview Questions

• 1. What does integrity mean to you? Describe a situation when a coworker didn't display integrity and how you responded. (2) Describe a situation with a difficult coworker and how resolution was reached. (3) What's the first thing you'd do if your car broke down during lunch hour? (4) What all is entailed to have and promote a positive work environment (i.e. what contributes to a positive work environment)?   Answer Question

DCS Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State of Arizona (Phoenix, AZ) in April 2016.

Interview

The person who interviewed me held the job that I was interviewing for years ago. I would imagine that things have changed. I was sold at the interview because she made it sound like a great opportunity. I asked specific questions about the job and my personal life and she said they encourage a work life balance. That was a complete lie. In the time that I have been here, I have never called out sick one time. I can't even request a day off without catching flack from the supervisor. In essence, the interviewer sold me a dream.

DCS Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at State of Arizona (Phoenix, AZ) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview is everything they tell you. Pretty self explanatory. The written portion is one question and the interview is 11. Sure it's easy but it's also easy to mess up, so think your questions through.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had to discipline an employee   Answer Question

Eligibility Interviewer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at State of Arizona (Phoenix, AZ) in September 2013.

Interview

I applied online, took a 2 hour online assessment(semi-difficult). A couple days later, I got a call for an interview. Interviewed with 2 managers who asked interview questions. The interview lasted about 25-35 minutes. Nothing too difficult.

Interview Questions

• Share a time when you had to deal with an irate customer, how would you deal with a co-worker who's hard to get along with?, Are you a team player?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Pay was non negotiable but I was able to pick a location near my home. Mon-Fri 8-5p.

Eligibility Interviewer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at State of Arizona (Phoenix, AZ) in April 2011.

Interview

Do not remember the date of the IQ/Skills test but it was intense and online, tool about 2 hours to complete. Never thought I had passed it. Then one day I received a call for a panel interview, so I guess I did pretty good! The panel interview was very professional, took about 1 hour once the quesitons began.

Interview Questions

• How many times have you had unexcused days from work?   Answer Question
    • How would your current employer/manager describe your work habits to others?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate the location I would like to work, I had two choices.

PSE III Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at State of Arizona (Phoenix, AZ) in March 2010.

Interview

I tested first and then was asked to do a panel interview. After that I received an offer.

Negotiation

There was none.

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at State of Arizona.

Interview

Quick and internal interview that was focused on my leadership style and what I would bring to the team that I would be assigned to. The particular role was one that needed team mentor ship so the questions were centered around development.

DES Information Security Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at State of Arizona (Phoenix, AZ) in August 2012.

Interview

Interviewed with CISO for DES--Dept of Econonic Security for contract position, possibly later hire (but not part of the process today). One hour. Looking for God and Apple Pie. Pay is good for market--but what they are asking for is a lot--excessively so even in today's market where this seems to be the normal. The environment there is not pleasant--dark and dreary and run down.

Interview Questions

• Nothing particularly hard or unexpected--expect to be thoroughly interviewed, and go through the slow process whether or not they already have someone in mind. Go by the book and bureacracy is the motto here.   Answer Question

Department of Education Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at State of Arizona.

Interview

Applied online and received a call back about 3 weeks later for an in person interview. I had two people interviewing me and the general vibe was friendly and laid-back. Questions were typical and not challenging. I felt the interview went very well but about 2 weeks later I received a rejection email.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation in which you dealt with an irate customer   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at State of Arizona.

Interview

feels like a board meeting where they try to intimidate you but they don't even know what to do

Negotiation

25000 take it or leave it