State of Arkansas Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 25, 2017

2.6

Administrative Specialist III Interview

Anonymous Employee in Little Rock, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at State of Arkansas (Little Rock, AR).

Interview

It was short and very unprofessional. The interviewers were unprepared. One interviewer knew what they were talking about while the other just sat there. Just looking and smiling. I knew I had the job before interview was over. The easiest I've ever had to do.

service rep Interview

Anonymous Employee in Little Rock, AR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State of Arkansas (Little Rock, AR) in September 2016.

Interview

It was really easy. I only had one interview, with two people. Was offered job within two weeks. Only thing is that halfway through the interview process you have to do a lot of paperwork.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to overcome a difficult situation.   1 Answer

Program Eligibility Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Little Rock, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at State of Arkansas (Little Rock, AR).

Interview

They take you into an office and give you a questionnaire about programs that the state has. Theyre testing your ability to type accurately and efficiently... After you finish, they interview you

Interview Questions

• general questions about time management, interviewer skills, computer literacy, etc.   1 Answer

County Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bentonville, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at State of Arkansas (Bentonville, AR) in August 2016.

Interview

very pleasant interview. Interviewer was someone I knew so it made it a little easier. Effectively asked questions to ensure all aspects of the interview were complete. Interviewer was professional, articulate, and respectful of the circumstances. Job history, employee's previous statuses with job changes within the agency, as well as communication skills were all addressed

Interview Questions

• There is a survey of questions that are required as a pre-requisite to the interview   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Little Rock, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at State of Arkansas (Little Rock, AR) in August 2016.

Interview

There was a two person panel who asked questio n's from a scripted form about past job duties. They wrote as I spoke. There was very little eye contact. Looked like they were taking a test. The questions were easy though. The interview didn't take long. About an hour or so.

Interview Questions

• Tell me how you would handle or prioritize multiple requests at the same time.   Answer Question
    • Tell me how you have used filing systems in the past.   Answer Question

Business Development, Arkansas Economic Development Commission Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Little Rock, AR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at State of Arkansas (Little Rock, AR).

Interview

The interview was with the hiring manager, however, I learned they had already had chosen the person for the job and were required to post it. I was not seriously considered a candidate because they had already made their decision.

Program Eligibility Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Little Rock, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at State of Arkansas (Little Rock, AR) in February 2016.

Interview

The interviewer went over my resume, as well as a pre-screening questionnaire, conducted an interview which lasted about an hour and a decision was made that following Friday. The entire process with paperwork and drug testing took about 10 days total.

Dfa ERP Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at State of Arkansas in February 2015.

Interview

Interview process with 3 people. Had 2 pages of question almost like a test. After answering the questions even if I had no idea, they asked me about each one

Interview Questions

• What is one struggle that you came across in your last job?   Answer Question

Family Service Worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Memphis, AR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State of Arkansas (West Memphis, AR) in January 2015.

Interview

Multiple individuals will be with you before actual interview to answer scenario questions and fill out paper work. Interviewer will then call you back to ask you separate interview questions. Have you worked with families or difficult clients

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work with Arkansas DHS
      What would you do in a situation where you have 3 different perspective clients how would you rank them in order based on high and low priority
      What techniques have you/will you use with a family who refuses any communication
      Answer Question

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State of Arkansas.

Interview

Hiring can be a long process, be sure to look at the job responsibilities when applying for a job. The state uses default position titles when publishing positions that may not reflect what the position really is. Unless you have prior experience working for the state, pay is often non negotiable and limited to entry level or 10% above.

Interview Questions

• If you have a project due on Friday and you know you will not make the deadline, in detail, how do you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Negotiation

none