State of California Interview Questions | Glassdoor

State of California Interview Questions

Interviews at State of California

Sort:

Auditor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State of California.

Interview

It was easy with a panel interview. 20 minutes written test. you have to present your answer during the interview. 7 interview questions. They allow you to ask question at the end of the interview.

Social Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Costa Mesa, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State of California (Costa Mesa, CA).

Interview

panel interview with general questions related to the field of social work and health care environment and working with community resources such as Regional Center; computer skills were assessed by printing a letter to a family with a notification about a change at the facility to show writing ability and technology skill set

Office Technician Interview

Interview

Depends on the department and location you are interviewing for. Usually 30-60mins. They have strict questions, not open-ended. Usually they call you to set up date and time (limited flexibility).

Interview Questions

• How does your experience/qualifications make you fit for the duties of this position?   Answer Question

Office Technician Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at State of California.

Interview

Once you have taken the mandatory OT test, you are then placed on a eligibility list. That list is ranked into numbers and generally the top 3 in the list are chosen once they have submitted an application. Once you submit an application, you are either called or emailed to schedule an interview or are mailed a letter stating you were not picked for interview. The interview process is rather quick, I'd say maybe 15-20 mins with a panel of 2-3 people. They will have the same set of questions for everyone interviewing and once you have completed the interview process you are notified maybe within a week or 2 if you have been chosen or not chosen.

Office Technician Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 8+ weeks. I interviewed at State of California in December 2017.

Interview

Been on the list for three years. Multiple interviews with 2-5 person panels. Usually there is an MS Office Suite software or handwriting test.

I’ve been steadily interviewing for three years with the State of California for all kinds of positions. I have received a wall full of rejection letters with little or no explanation as to why
    I was not offered each position. As a pledge of good faith, I have emailed or called back to get feedback. This process usually does not lead anywhere. If anyone could post a real review on how to actually get hired, I’d appreciate it. I am a college graduate in my mid thirties with a varied clerical work history including office management.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to work with a difficult customer who was screaming or irate with you. How did you handle it? What was the outcome?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Napa, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State of California (Napa, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

Two people interviewed me. I had a second interview as well. The background check was extensive and took 6 months. They also did a physical screening. The two women who interviewed me had each been with the State over 25 years. I was the second choice, but something fell through with the first applicant. I relocated, and ended up working there for over 2 years.

Interview Questions

• How I handled stressful situations or people   1 Answer

Office Technician (Typing) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State of California (Oakland, CA) in September 2018.

Interview

A panel interview with 7 specific questions. Questions could be repeated, but no questions about the questions would be answered. Each question was read by a separate person on the panel and each interviewer took notes and afterwards would give an answer score. I did not see any final scores. I was told that after the interview there were others to interview and that along with my reference check would take at least 4-8 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Give an example where I had a work problem and was not given all the information to complete the assignment.   1 Answer

Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Anaheim, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 9+ months. I interviewed at State of California (Anaheim, CA).

Interview

Had to go to a screening interview to get a ranking to be placed on a selection list. There were two supervisors that conducted the interview. They alternated in asking questions.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of how you resolved an office conflict?   Answer Question

Administrative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at State of California.

Interview

There were two people interviewing in the process. They read off a formal set of questions about your qualifications or experience. The interview questions are all they ask, so there's no extra questions asked to you. They give you a few minutes to review the list of questions before the interview is conducted.

Information Technology Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State of California (Sacramento, CA) in April 2018.

Interview

Formal, Very comfortable. Mostly behavioral questions. They won't look at you but they take notes what ever you say. They expect you give them the real time past project experience