State of California Office of Statewide Health Planning Auditor Evaluator I Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Interview Review

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Auditor Evaluator I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at State of California Office of Statewide Health Planning (Sacramento, CA) in May 2011.

Interview

I submitted the state application together with resume through email. Approximately three weeks after the final filing deadline, I received a call from the Department and scheduled an in-person interview. Since a lot of applicants were coming from different states, the department offered the same interview either by phone or in-person. As I was told by the department, the interview consisted of 5 questions including behavioral and situation questions.

This was a panel interview with 2 interviewers. First, I was assigned to sit in a small room, and they provided a sheet of paper which contained the five questions that they were going to ask during the interview. After about 10 minutes, I was directed into another room for the interview. One of the interviewer read the questions one by one, and they gave you enough time to answer each one of them. You could go back to a particular question to add more details to your answers later. The interviewers wrote down your answers in their worksheets.

Behavioral questions included:
Tell me about a team experience that wasn't functioning well
Tell me about a team experience on a subject that you never worked on

The other two situation questions were case study regarding performance audit for government agencies. You need to provide details about how you will audit them in the situation provided.

After the interview, they allowed sometime for you to ask questions. The interviewers were nice and talked about the weather and driving condition before we began. You just need to be prepared and tell your stories. They will not interact with you while you are providing your answers. It was very competitive. I heard from the interviewer that they received over 15,000 applications.

Interview Questions

• In this situation, what are the objectives of your audit for this government agency to ensure that they are in compliance with the applicable regulation?   Answer Question