State of California Office of Statewide Health Planning Interview Questions | Glassdoor

State of California Office of Statewide Health Planning Interview Questions

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State of California Office of Statewide Health Planning (Sacramento, CA).

Interview

30 min written exam to examine your skill set. By policy I cannot go into detail about the exam.
    Then a panel interview with one or two managers, and region manager. Just a heads up.... you can knock the interview and written exam out of the park, but unfortunately just like other state jobs they already know who they are going to hire. By law they are required to invite others to the interview to "display" a fair and equal process. Also on another note, studies have shown that people hire others that look like them, so depending on who you are you will have a tougher time getting hired, whether it be a public or private organization.

Interview Questions

• Questions that ask you about how you would handle certain situations, your experience in completing tasks or similar tasks that the position entails. By policy I am not able to go into detail.   1 Answer

Assistant Governmental Program Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State of California Office of Statewide Health Planning (Sacramento, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

They are not very flexible in their scheduling. The parking can be a problem as well. There are 2-3 steps to interview process. You will have a written test, +/ - presentation, after this you get a formal panel interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. Why should we hire you.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at State of California Office of Statewide Health Planning (Sacramento, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied for a position one week and got a call to interview the next week. There were two people on the interview panel. The interview lasted about 45 minutes. There was no test beforehand. There were 6 questions, 2 of which were not at all relevant to the position that I could tell. Be prepared for "what if" questions and read all of the website material beforehand if you really want this job.

I have not received a call afterward as the interview just happened. I am not sure what the process is after the interview.

Interview Questions

• If you found out that the department's budget was losing money, had no more funding, what would you recommend?   1 Answer

Accountant Traine Interview

Interview

Nice and friendly. Typical Interview Questions

Staff Services Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at State of California Office of Statewide Health Planning in April 2013.

Interview

Submitted standard state application on the final filing date. I was contacted within a week of submitting the application to set up and interview for the following week. There were two people on the interview panel. My observations of the employees was mostly positive, people were friendly and open.

I was given 15 minutes to provide references and review the interview questions. Take advantage of this short time to look over all the questions and make notes on the points you want to make. Really helps you remember things you want to discuss because when you are nervous, you tend to forget or overlook strong points. Questions were basic -- experience with a difficult project, (how you handled it and what was result), describe a situation where you work with difficult people, etc.

Interview took about half an hour, with the interviewers jotting down notes while I answered. Always research the job, the department and have some questions to ask at the end to better understand the job but also to show you are interested and have given consideration.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to describe in detail a project I was responsible for and had to lay out the start to finish. Have a really good example in mind and stay positive!   1 Answer

Budget Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at State of California Office of Statewide Health Planning (Sacramento, CA) in October 2011.

Interview

I received a phone call setting up an appointment for an interview. I was interviewed by a panel of three people. I was asked about 9 questions. Each person asked 3 questions each. After the interview I was given a test in Excel that involved budget questions and computations. I was told they interviewed 6 other cndidates. I calle in two weeks and they selected another candidate.

Auditor Evaluator I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at State of California Office of Statewide Health Planning (Sacramento, CA) in May 2011.

Interview

I submitted the state application together with resume through email. Approximately three weeks after the final filing deadline, I received a call from the Department and scheduled an in-person interview. Since a lot of applicants were coming from different states, the department offered the same interview either by phone or in-person. As I was told by the department, the interview consisted of 5 questions including behavioral and situation questions.

This was a panel interview with 2 interviewers. First, I was assigned to sit in a small room, and they provided a sheet of paper which contained the five questions that they were going to ask during the interview. After about 10 minutes, I was directed into another room for the interview. One of the interviewer read the questions one by one, and they gave you enough time to answer each one of them. You could go back to a particular question to add more details to your answers later. The interviewers wrote down your answers in their worksheets.

Behavioral questions included:
    Tell me about a team experience that wasn't functioning well
    Tell me about a team experience on a subject that you never worked on

The other two situation questions were case study regarding performance audit for government agencies. You need to provide details about how you will audit them in the situation provided.

After the interview, they allowed sometime for you to ask questions. The interviewers were nice and talked about the weather and driving condition before we began. You just need to be prepared and tell your stories. They will not interact with you while you are providing your answers. It was very competitive. I heard from the interviewer that they received over 15,000 applications.

Interview Questions

• In this situation, what are the objectives of your audit for this government agency to ensure that they are in compliance with the applicable regulation?   Answer Question

Staff Services Manager II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at State of California Office of Statewide Health Planning (Sacramento, CA) in January 2011.

Interview

Submit application and waited for a call for interview, given time and information. Was contacted regarding second interview. Panel was very open to questions and responded very open and honestly. Open position listings are posted for an appropriate time frame. I always suggest that you never count yourself out and think that you are not eligible. List all jobs that are relevant to position you are applying for and let those reviewing your application determine your eligibility. You may have characteristics that they are looking for, that are not listed in the job description.

Interview Questions

• What are your worst Characteristics?   1 Answer
    • What makes you the most qualified?   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at State of California Office of Statewide Health Planning (San Francisco, CA) in January 2010.

Interview

Assistant of office emailed over the specifics and scheduled an appointment with senior analysts. Interviewers gave little direction as did the assistant when I contacted them. Test, group interview, feel like they have some altruistic aura over their heads because it's public service...but they couldn't describe it whatsoever.

Benefits Assessment Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at State of California Office of Statewide Health Planning (Oakland, CA) in June 2009.

Interview

I first took an exam with 90 other people in downtown Oakland(this was for the Alameda county). After passing the exam in about four weeks they called me in for a group interview with 5 people who would be involved in hiring me. This made it feel unessarily weird.