State of California Office of Statewide Health Planning Interview Questions | Glassdoor

State of California Office of Statewide Health Planning Interview Questions

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at State of California Office of Statewide Health Planning (Sacramento, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied for a position one week and got a call to interview the next week. There were two people on the interview panel. The interview lasted about 45 minutes. There was no test beforehand. There were 6 questions, 2 of which were not at all relevant to the position that I could tell. Be prepared for "what if" questions and read all of the website material beforehand if you really want this job.

I have not received a call afterward as the interview just happened. I am not sure what the process is after the interview.

Interview Questions

• If you found out that the department's budget was losing money, had no more funding, what would you recommend?   1 Answer

Parole Agent III Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 12+ months. I interviewed at State of California Office of Statewide Health Planning (Sacramento, CA) in March 2009.

Interview

Bachelor degree minimum required. Be aware of all applicable Laws governing Parole and Treatment of convicted felons while under supervision. Written exam 3 hours. Oral interview, Peace Officer background

Interview Questions

• If you discover an Agent is lying about his work detail and you are required to fire this person. Even if this person has been in life threatening situations with you before...   1 Answer

Negotiation

none. Job offer I accepted

Office Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hollywood, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at State of California Office of Statewide Health Planning (Hollywood, CA) in May 2010.

Interview

You must take and get your test score for the Office Technician position to be eligible to even submit a mandatory, hard copy of an official State Application. Read instructions completely for how to fill out the job application. Your attention to detail / instructions is part of your Exam to qualify for an interview. Read the bulletin / announcement completely, it will tell you if they are hiring internally or accepting from outside. If it has qualifications it insists on, that you do not have, do no apply. If you're invited to interview, 3 person panel. Bring EVERYTHING they request. There is usually a a computer generated written exam seeing if you can follow instructions. If you don't understand something, you cannot ask for help. All interviews are EQUALLY given. They will ask you and all candidates the same questions. You have a chance to 'shine' at the end, when they ask you if you have 'any questions'. THEY WILL CALL YOUR REFERENCES AND FORMER EMPLOYERS.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was none.

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at State of California Office of Statewide Health Planning (Sacramento, CA) in March 2012.

Interview

When the state has an opening, they need to fill it FAST. I got a call Friday afternoon asking for an interview Monday morning. I went in and they were way behind schedule, about an hour late. They sat me at a desk and gave me a sheet of the interview questions - about 20 of them, and very in depth. Glad I had that hour to really prepare my answers. It was specific to the job - asking about previous coordinating experience, how do you deal with bad coworkers, etc. Not too bad, just have a ton of concrete examples to talk about. They don't want abstract "I'm a hard worker" but rather "Last week when 3 of my coworkers called in sick I jumped on and helped our unit stay on track." I went into the interview, which was 2 people (a 3rd was supposed to be there, but the doctor was too busy). They asked me all the questions, and it lasted about half an hour. Then they lead me to a desk with a computer and gave me a sheet of paper. They told me to follow the directions on the paper, and I had half an hour. This is called an "inbox exercise" and it's fairly common with CCHCS. They just want to prove you can actually do the work. Unfortunately, they don't know how to ask it very well, so I was unsure, but apparently I aced it. After I accepted the job they wouldn't stop talking about how amazing it was. The paper just asked me to put together a report on the number of people getting a liver transplant. So it listed 50 people had requested, 20 were awaiting doctor's approval, 40 had been rejected, and 2 had completed. So on the computer I used excel to make some charts displaying the data different ways, and then put it into a written report using word. I just explained the number of people and what that meant, and I ended with that because only 2 people had succeeded it was clear we needed to streamline the process to get more people finished with the process quicker. They called soon after, and I had to go in to get all my hiring paperwork done - several times sadly. They kept thinking of new things they needed from me. I ended up hiring myself mostly since I had worked as a hiring coordinator for the same department before.

Interview Questions

• No hard questions - just really focus on concrete examples.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is NO negotiation. Your pay is posted online, on the job posting. The managers usually don't really know what you would make - just look at the classification online and you'll know. If you're concerned about where in the range you'll be you have to actually talk to HR, which is after you've accepted. You take it or leave it. It's almost unheard of for someone to decline.

Accountant Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State of California Office of Statewide Health Planning.

Interview

Have had two Accountant Trainee interviews with the State of California's Controller's Office. I was isolated in a room with a computer & printer, and given twenty minutes to generate a response to a question, which I was to verbally present (in 3 minutes) at the onset of the oral portion of the Panel Interview. Clever, I thought. A test of multiple skills - organizational, oral and written communication, computer literacy skills, etc. Did I get the job? Don't know for sure - I was never even the courtesy of a reject letter!

Staff Counsel III Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at State of California Office of Statewide Health Planning in October 2009.

Interview

This was for an internal promotion. In order to interview for the promotion, I had to fill out a questionnaire which was scored and then placed on a list. Once I was on the list, when there was a promotional vacancy I applied and then interviewed for the position.

Negotiation

There is no salary negotiation. The salary is set by the State of California and the Personnel Board.

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at State of California Office of Statewide Health Planning in April 2009.

Interview

An application and a subjective written statement were required.

Interview Questions

• Who do you use to train truck drivers.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State of California Office of Statewide Health Planning (Sacramento, CA).

Interview

30 min written exam to examine your skill set. By policy I cannot go into detail about the exam.
    Then a panel interview with one or two managers, and region manager. Just a heads up.... you can knock the interview and written exam out of the park, but unfortunately just like other state jobs they already know who they are going to hire. By law they are required to invite others to the interview to "display" a fair and equal process. Also on another note, studies have shown that people hire others that look like them, so depending on who you are you will have a tougher time getting hired, whether it be a public or private organization.

Interview Questions

• Questions that ask you about how you would handle certain situations, your experience in completing tasks or similar tasks that the position entails. By policy I am not able to go into detail.   1 Answer

Assistant Governmental Program Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State of California Office of Statewide Health Planning (Sacramento, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

They are not very flexible in their scheduling. The parking can be a problem as well. There are 2-3 steps to interview process. You will have a written test, +/ - presentation, after this you get a formal panel interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. Why should we hire you.   1 Answer

Claim Examiner Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at State of California Office of Statewide Health Planning (San Diego, CA) in June 2009.

Interview

they were looking for bilinguals when i was hired

Interview Questions

• they have the typical questions - you are interviewed by the managers   Answer Question

Negotiation

you start at the lowest pay always and slowly increased until you cap