State of California Office of Statewide Health Planning Interview Questions | Glassdoor

State of California Office of Statewide Health Planning Interview Questions

Updated Jun 7, 2017

Research Analyst II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at State of California Office of Statewide Health Planning (Sacramento, CA).

Interview

This classification rarely holds an exam process, but when it does, it is a good idea to get on it. Usually the exam process requires an STD 678 application with relevant work information, and a supplemental questionnaire. It may take awhile to be scored, you will get notice in the mail. This exam is NOT held online.

I included an STD 678, a cover letter, a resume, references, and copies of my degrees in my application.

The hiring process: an AGPA can lateral into this job if the work they do is very similar in nature, and that is determined by individual HR departments. This step is a promotion from Research Analyst I, and is a lateral salary bump from AGPA level if you qualify on an exam list.

The research analyst II interview incorporated relatively normal questions about previous work, level of ability or interest in the type of work at the agency, questions specific to the job duty statement, and basic analysis ability. Included questions on types of software programs used, ability in statistical analysis and math, and literature reviews. This class often works with mapping, databases, and analyses scientific reports. This class also does a lot of grunt work for higher level researchers. I also completed a written assignment, which included analysis of a chart. I recall that I noted the chart title was unclear, and that the y axis did not express whether the numbers indicated were representing a percent, rate, or whole number. I also answered a basic short essay question on research methodology.

The promotional series this class leads to is Research Program Specialist.

Interview Questions

• They showed me a line chart by gender and year and asked me to analyse it, but it was missing a title and it didn't have a label on the Y axis. I almost panicked, because I wasn't sure if I was supposed to be critical, or just tell them it was a line chart by gender and year.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. Came in with a pay bump because I qualified off an exam I had previously taken.

Accountant Traine Interview

Interview

Nice and friendly. Typical Interview Questions

Personnel Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at State of California Office of Statewide Health Planning (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Mostly based on Resume. Had to take a test and was required to have at least 2 years of college. The interview was mostly impersonal and disconcerting. Who I was and I could bring to the job was not as big a consideration as was my attitude about be a "team member" My qualification werer breezed over quickly. The interview last about 10 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Do I have any strong negative issures about unions.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was none. I was called by someone in personnel and informed that I had been accepted and could begin orintation the following Monday. The salary benefits were establish prio to the call.

Patrol Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn Park, MN

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at State of California Office of Statewide Health Planning (Brooklyn Park, MN) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied in person and was told if I didn't mind waiting for awhile I can be given an interview the same day, which I did and began working that night

Interview Questions

• What's our some difficult experience you had from your last job and how did you deal with them   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at State of California Office of Statewide Health Planning (San Francisco, CA) in January 2010.

Interview

Assistant of office emailed over the specifics and scheduled an appointment with senior analysts. Interviewers gave little direction as did the assistant when I contacted them. Test, group interview, feel like they have some altruistic aura over their heads because it's public service...but they couldn't describe it whatsoever.

Engineering Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at State of California Office of Statewide Health Planning in January 2008.

Interview

Interview consisted of general questions about my past experience. Questions were about how I had dealt with difficult employees, my technical experience, how I had contributed in projects as a team member and team leader, and experiences working with regulators.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have that prepares you for this position   1 Answer

Staff Services Manager II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at State of California Office of Statewide Health Planning (Sacramento, CA) in January 2011.

Interview

Submit application and waited for a call for interview, given time and information. Was contacted regarding second interview. Panel was very open to questions and responded very open and honestly. Open position listings are posted for an appropriate time frame. I always suggest that you never count yourself out and think that you are not eligible. List all jobs that are relevant to position you are applying for and let those reviewing your application determine your eligibility. You may have characteristics that they are looking for, that are not listed in the job description.

Interview Questions

• What are your worst Characteristics?   1 Answer
    • What makes you the most qualified?   1 Answer

Budget Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at State of California Office of Statewide Health Planning (Sacramento, CA) in October 2011.

Interview

I received a phone call setting up an appointment for an interview. I was interviewed by a panel of three people. I was asked about 9 questions. Each person asked 3 questions each. After the interview I was given a test in Excel that involved budget questions and computations. I was told they interviewed 6 other cndidates. I calle in two weeks and they selected another candidate.

Staff Services Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at State of California Office of Statewide Health Planning in April 2013.

Interview

Submitted standard state application on the final filing date. I was contacted within a week of submitting the application to set up and interview for the following week. There were two people on the interview panel. My observations of the employees was mostly positive, people were friendly and open.

I was given 15 minutes to provide references and review the interview questions. Take advantage of this short time to look over all the questions and make notes on the points you want to make. Really helps you remember things you want to discuss because when you are nervous, you tend to forget or overlook strong points. Questions were basic -- experience with a difficult project, (how you handled it and what was result), describe a situation where you work with difficult people, etc.

Interview took about half an hour, with the interviewers jotting down notes while I answered. Always research the job, the department and have some questions to ask at the end to better understand the job but also to show you are interested and have given consideration.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to describe in detail a project I was responsible for and had to lay out the start to finish. Have a really good example in mind and stay positive!   1 Answer

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at State of California Office of Statewide Health Planning in February 2008.

Interview

The process inclued an application process, an interview with patterned standardized questions, my answers were scored based on patterned answers and my answers were scored and ranked based on my answers and in comparision to the other applicants. I then applied for positions that on my eligibity for individuals positions. I was hired after my first interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell about your knowledge of the system development lifecycle (SDLC)   1 Answer
    • What would you do if you had a good employee that personal problems started to effect their job.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Therer was no negotiation phase. The salary and job requirements were already established and there is no deviation.