State of California Office of Statewide Health Planning Interview Questions | Glassdoor

State of California Office of Statewide Health Planning Interview Questions

Updated Jun 7, 2017

Patrol Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn Park, MN

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at State of California Office of Statewide Health Planning (Brooklyn Park, MN) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied in person and was told if I didn't mind waiting for awhile I can be given an interview the same day, which I did and began working that night

Interview Questions

• What's our some difficult experience you had from your last job and how did you deal with them   Answer Question

Staff Services Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State of California Office of Statewide Health Planning (Sacramento, CA).

Interview

30 min written exam to examine your skill set. By policy I cannot go into detail about the exam.
    Then a panel interview with one or two managers, and region manager. Just a heads up.... you can knock the interview and written exam out of the park, but unfortunately just like other state jobs they already know who they are going to hire. By law they are required to invite others to the interview to "display" a fair and equal process. Also on another note, studies have shown that people hire others that look like them, so depending on who you are you will have a tougher time getting hired, whether it be a public or private organization.

Interview Questions

• Questions that ask you about how you would handle certain situations, your experience in completing tasks or similar tasks that the position entails. By policy I am not able to go into detail.   1 Answer

Assistant Governmental Program Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State of California Office of Statewide Health Planning (Sacramento, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

They are not very flexible in their scheduling. The parking can be a problem as well. There are 2-3 steps to interview process. You will have a written test, +/ - presentation, after this you get a formal panel interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. Why should we hire you.   1 Answer

Staff Services Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at State of California Office of Statewide Health Planning (Sacramento, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied for a position one week and got a call to interview the next week. There were two people on the interview panel. The interview lasted about 45 minutes. There was no test beforehand. There were 6 questions, 2 of which were not at all relevant to the position that I could tell. Be prepared for "what if" questions and read all of the website material beforehand if you really want this job.

I have not received a call afterward as the interview just happened. I am not sure what the process is after the interview.

Interview Questions

• If you found out that the department's budget was losing money, had no more funding, what would you recommend?   1 Answer

Accountant Traine Interview

Interview

Nice and friendly. Typical Interview Questions

Parole Agent III Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 12+ months. I interviewed at State of California Office of Statewide Health Planning (Sacramento, CA) in March 2009.

Interview

Bachelor degree minimum required. Be aware of all applicable Laws governing Parole and Treatment of convicted felons while under supervision. Written exam 3 hours. Oral interview, Peace Officer background

Interview Questions

• If you discover an Agent is lying about his work detail and you are required to fire this person. Even if this person has been in life threatening situations with you before...   1 Answer

Negotiation

none. Job offer I accepted

Claim Examiner Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at State of California Office of Statewide Health Planning (San Diego, CA) in June 2009.

Interview

they were looking for bilinguals when i was hired

Interview Questions

• they have the typical questions - you are interviewed by the managers   Answer Question

Negotiation

you start at the lowest pay always and slowly increased until you cap

Office Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hollywood, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at State of California Office of Statewide Health Planning (Hollywood, CA) in May 2010.

Interview

You must take and get your test score for the Office Technician position to be eligible to even submit a mandatory, hard copy of an official State Application. Read instructions completely for how to fill out the job application. Your attention to detail / instructions is part of your Exam to qualify for an interview. Read the bulletin / announcement completely, it will tell you if they are hiring internally or accepting from outside. If it has qualifications it insists on, that you do not have, do no apply. If you're invited to interview, 3 person panel. Bring EVERYTHING they request. There is usually a a computer generated written exam seeing if you can follow instructions. If you don't understand something, you cannot ask for help. All interviews are EQUALLY given. They will ask you and all candidates the same questions. You have a chance to 'shine' at the end, when they ask you if you have 'any questions'. THEY WILL CALL YOUR REFERENCES AND FORMER EMPLOYERS.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was none.

Personnel Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at State of California Office of Statewide Health Planning (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Mostly based on Resume. Had to take a test and was required to have at least 2 years of college. The interview was mostly impersonal and disconcerting. Who I was and I could bring to the job was not as big a consideration as was my attitude about be a "team member" My qualification werer breezed over quickly. The interview last about 10 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Do I have any strong negative issures about unions.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was none. I was called by someone in personnel and informed that I had been accepted and could begin orintation the following Monday. The salary benefits were establish prio to the call.

Auditor Evaluator I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at State of California Office of Statewide Health Planning (Sacramento, CA) in May 2011.

Interview

I submitted the state application together with resume through email. Approximately three weeks after the final filing deadline, I received a call from the Department and scheduled an in-person interview. Since a lot of applicants were coming from different states, the department offered the same interview either by phone or in-person. As I was told by the department, the interview consisted of 5 questions including behavioral and situation questions.

This was a panel interview with 2 interviewers. First, I was assigned to sit in a small room, and they provided a sheet of paper which contained the five questions that they were going to ask during the interview. After about 10 minutes, I was directed into another room for the interview. One of the interviewer read the questions one by one, and they gave you enough time to answer each one of them. You could go back to a particular question to add more details to your answers later. The interviewers wrote down your answers in their worksheets.

Behavioral questions included:
    Tell me about a team experience that wasn't functioning well
    Tell me about a team experience on a subject that you never worked on

The other two situation questions were case study regarding performance audit for government agencies. You need to provide details about how you will audit them in the situation provided.

After the interview, they allowed sometime for you to ask questions. The interviewers were nice and talked about the weather and driving condition before we began. You just need to be prepared and tell your stories. They will not interact with you while you are providing your answers. It was very competitive. I heard from the interviewer that they received over 15,000 applications.

Interview Questions

• In this situation, what are the objectives of your audit for this government agency to ensure that they are in compliance with the applicable regulation?   Answer Question