State of California Office of Statewide Health Planning Interview Questions | Glassdoor

State of California Office of Statewide Health Planning Interview Questions

Staff Healthcare Service Plan Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at State of California Office of Statewide Health Planning in March 2009.

Interview

It was an open exam and a promotional exam. My application was accepted for admittance to the exam and a panel of three conducted the interview. Once the results were posted review of current job duties were conducted and it was determined that the initial probationary period had to be passed before a promotion would be given, regardless of the level of experience of the employee.

Employment Program Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at State of California Office of Statewide Health Planning in May 2009.

Interview

Applied on line, and was called in for interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you dealt with people with different socio-economically backgrounds.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at State of California Office of Statewide Health Planning in February 2008.

Interview

The process inclued an application process, an interview with patterned standardized questions, my answers were scored based on patterned answers and my answers were scored and ranked based on my answers and in comparision to the other applicants. I then applied for positions that on my eligibity for individuals positions. I was hired after my first interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell about your knowledge of the system development lifecycle (SDLC)   1 Answer
    • What would you do if you had a good employee that personal problems started to effect their job.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Therer was no negotiation phase. The salary and job requirements were already established and there is no deviation.

Staff Services Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at State of California Office of Statewide Health Planning in April 2013.

Interview

Submitted standard state application on the final filing date. I was contacted within a week of submitting the application to set up and interview for the following week. There were two people on the interview panel. My observations of the employees was mostly positive, people were friendly and open.

I was given 15 minutes to provide references and review the interview questions. Take advantage of this short time to look over all the questions and make notes on the points you want to make. Really helps you remember things you want to discuss because when you are nervous, you tend to forget or overlook strong points. Questions were basic -- experience with a difficult project, (how you handled it and what was result), describe a situation where you work with difficult people, etc.

Interview took about half an hour, with the interviewers jotting down notes while I answered. Always research the job, the department and have some questions to ask at the end to better understand the job but also to show you are interested and have given consideration.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to describe in detail a project I was responsible for and had to lay out the start to finish. Have a really good example in mind and stay positive!   1 Answer

Budget Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at State of California Office of Statewide Health Planning (Sacramento, CA) in October 2011.

Interview

I received a phone call setting up an appointment for an interview. I was interviewed by a panel of three people. I was asked about 9 questions. Each person asked 3 questions each. After the interview I was given a test in Excel that involved budget questions and computations. I was told they interviewed 6 other cndidates. I calle in two weeks and they selected another candidate.

Staff Services Manager II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at State of California Office of Statewide Health Planning (Sacramento, CA) in January 2011.

Interview

Submit application and waited for a call for interview, given time and information. Was contacted regarding second interview. Panel was very open to questions and responded very open and honestly. Open position listings are posted for an appropriate time frame. I always suggest that you never count yourself out and think that you are not eligible. List all jobs that are relevant to position you are applying for and let those reviewing your application determine your eligibility. You may have characteristics that they are looking for, that are not listed in the job description.

Interview Questions

• What are your worst Characteristics?   1 Answer
    • What makes you the most qualified?   1 Answer

Engineering Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at State of California Office of Statewide Health Planning in January 2008.

Interview

Interview consisted of general questions about my past experience. Questions were about how I had dealt with difficult employees, my technical experience, how I had contributed in projects as a team member and team leader, and experiences working with regulators.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have that prepares you for this position   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at State of California Office of Statewide Health Planning (San Francisco, CA) in January 2010.

Interview

Assistant of office emailed over the specifics and scheduled an appointment with senior analysts. Interviewers gave little direction as did the assistant when I contacted them. Test, group interview, feel like they have some altruistic aura over their heads because it's public service...but they couldn't describe it whatsoever.

Personnel Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at State of California Office of Statewide Health Planning (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Mostly based on Resume. Had to take a test and was required to have at least 2 years of college. The interview was mostly impersonal and disconcerting. Who I was and I could bring to the job was not as big a consideration as was my attitude about be a "team member" My qualification werer breezed over quickly. The interview last about 10 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Do I have any strong negative issures about unions.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was none. I was called by someone in personnel and informed that I had been accepted and could begin orintation the following Monday. The salary benefits were establish prio to the call.

Accountant Traine Interview

Interview

Nice and friendly. Typical Interview Questions

Interview Questions

See What State of California Office of Statewide Health Planning Employees Are Saying

Star Star Star Star Star   Current Tax Auditor in Sacramento, CA

Pros: “Working with the State of California give you security for retirement and great benefits while working. Also there is educational opportunities to help further your career. You get good...”“Working with the State of California give you security for retirement and great benefits while working. Also there is educational opportunities to help further your career. You get good training and technology is introduced.” – Full Review