State of Colorado Interview Questions | Glassdoor

State of Colorado Interview Questions

Updated May 15, 2017

Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State of Colorado (Denver, CO).

Interview

Applied online. Interviewed by panel of team members at the office in which I applied. Each panel member asked a different question. The questions were not very challenging, but were thoughtful.

Interview Questions

• Rank daily tasks in priority / how you would handle them.   Answer Question

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lakewood, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at State of Colorado (Lakewood, CO) in March 2017.

Interview

1 hour on site with 2 people. Informative and professional but interviewers seemed a bit shaken when I questioned the hiring process. Seemed to me they already had a candidate selected but were required by law to interview a certain selection of applicants. That makes sense from a procedural standpoint but I felt like I never really was being considered and it was a waste of my time.

Program Assistant Interview

Interview

The process included an online application, a few weeks later I was scheduled for Microsoft Office testing, once that was passed I had a phone interview (with 3 people), then finally an in person interview.with 4 people.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at State of Colorado.

Interview

Basic requirements test initially to meet minimum necessary requirements. Aptitude test was next for everyone that passed (kind of like an IQ test or vamped up SAT test). Writing sample was after - 2 pages on two different prompts sent to everyone. A composite score was created and I think 6 people were interviewed for each position - only the highest scoring individuals were invited to interview with all of the managers in the division.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at State of Colorado (Colorado Springs, CO) in June 2015.

Interview

Very specific and defined process. Organized and on time. Excellent communication throughout the process and follow-up was prompt and clear. Also had structured guide questions which were thoughtful and specific to the job and the position.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself as it relates to the job description.   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at State of Colorado (Denver, CO) in June 2015.

Interview

It was very easy. It have great environment. Great company with lot of benefits.great people and great work environment. I really like the company. I wish I can get fulltime offer here.

Grants Administrator Interview

Application

Interview

oral exam that consisted of 10 "questions" many of which had 3-4 subquestions within them and i had 2 minutes per question. The worst part was the panelists were not given my resume or cover letter or any background. Most asinine "exam" I've ever seen. No subjective questions either so mo clue how it would be scored but it is.

Interview Questions

• Name two memorable experiences, one successful and one failure and what contributed to the success/failure of each? (2 minutes)   Answer Question

IT Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at State of Colorado (Denver, CO) in December 2014.

Interview

Good interviewers, sensible questions for my role.
    Was received at the door and guided to the meeting room where interview was held.
    there were three interviewers having each one from a different profile and explaining their expectations. I am a senior guy and did not have any problems with the interview process.

Interview Questions

• They asked scenario based questions.   1 Answer

Negotiation

everything was pre negotiated since i came through a recruiter.

Engineer Interview

Interview

Three levels of interview, including a written exam, oral exam, and panel interview. It was a very time consuming process. The top six candidates made it passed the first round and the top three candidates made it to the final round.

Interview Questions

• I don't remember the exact interview questions, but I recall that it was very specific to the job position. I'm not sure that studying would have really prepared me for the questions.   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at State of Colorado in August 2014.

Interview

Exactly like it was detailed in other reviews....one panel interview and the decisions was made. Each applicant was given less then 10 minutes to answer 5-7 typed questions. The panel said nothing as the applicant rambles on answering the questions.

Interview Questions

• Very standard question direction pertaining to the position. Nothing tricky!   Answer Question

They bring everyone on at the bottom of the salary range.