State of Connecticut Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

Sort:

Social Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at State of Connecticut (Hartford, CT) in May 2013.

Interview

Panel of interviewers, round robin of standard questions, not much room for conversation or chit chat. Interviewers show no emotion or non verbal feedback on how you are doing.

.NET Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wethersfield, CT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at State of Connecticut (Wethersfield, CT) in October 2012.

Interview

I had an interview 4 people, one person being the director for the department. The interview began by going over the my previous experience. The questions focused on one of my previous positions that was held over 2 years ago. The questions were not hard, you should go over computer science 101 and the basic definitions. They went through a sheet of questions that you can probably pass by getting a book that goes over interview questions on .NET, SQL Server and AJAX. I would have done well if I had prepared. The asked simple questions such as what is inheritance, overloading, etc. I was expecting to go through solving a problem, but this never occurred.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at State of Connecticut (Hartford, CT) in March 2017.

Interview

I had a general interview to see which intern program I best fit in. Then, months later, I received a call asking if I was comfortable being placed in a certain unit.

IT Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at State of Connecticut (Hartford, CT) in January 2009.

Interview

It was an overall positive experience with a bit lengthy process.

Negotiation

No negotiation was possible. Government job

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at State of Connecticut (Hartford, CT) in March 2011.

Interview

Emailed my resume and cover letter. Was called in for an interview shortly after. I met with 3 women in the department I wanted to work in. I also met the commissioner and some other higher up state employees. Everyone was very friendly and the process was very casual.

Interview Questions

• What do you want to do with your degree in business?   1 Answer

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at State of Connecticut.

Interview

Reviewed resume and questioned past work experiences. It was not a difficult process. Have a good understanding of what you've written on your resume. They will likely run through it with you.

Interview Questions

• Why would you like to intern for the State of Connecticut?   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newington, CT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at State of Connecticut (Newington, CT) in May 2011.

Interview

group of 6 people who one-by-one ask questions on a sheet. i did not feel as if there was a vacancy, felt as if they had the person who was currently working in the position was their choice. I was not shielded from them, but in fact introduced. that felt odd. They never responded until i phoned. no dear john, we dont want you letter. it was strange. unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in this position?   1 Answer

Judicial Law Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Haven, CT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at State of Connecticut (New Haven, CT) in January 2011.

Interview

Applied remotely with materials specified on website; fairly quick response time; went to New Haven (main office) for face-to-face interview; was informed less than two months later of position; accepted position - was not placed in final location until training in New Haven was completed

Interview Questions

• Most interview questions centered on research and writing experience from law school   Answer Question

Licensed Clinical Social Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norwich, CT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State of Connecticut (Norwich, CT) in September 2016.

Interview

I completed a lengthy application and emailed it to HR along with my resume and cover letter. A couple weeks after I applied I was called and offered an interview for the following week. I went to the office and was greeted by a manager, program supervisor, and human resources representative. The interview was somewhat awkward as they have a list of questions they must ask all candidates, even if the topic was already discussed. In order to be "fair" each ihterviewer writes down your responses to the questions so they can all later rate you. I felt very comfortable once I got started as they tried to keep it light/low pressure. They did ask some standard job interview questions, but some related to the role. They asked about past difficult experiences, how I would respond to a crisis vignette, what I enjoy about the population, and how I handled a past disagreement with a coworker. When I was done, I was able to ask questions. I was shocked to hear that I would not have a second interview with the team I was interviewing to work with. A week and a half later I received a phone call asking if I would accept the position. I asked more HR questions and accepted the position, giving 3.5 weeks notice as they pressured me to start ASAP. I then learned that I would have to complete a physical and drug test at a walk in center, but they were waiting on my DCF background check in order to send me for the physical and drug test. This held me up, so I had a two week break before starting this job. I was happy for the break, but some people would struggle to go two weeks without working when the state already holds paychecks back two weeks so you receive your first paycheck 4 weeks after your start date. I was fine with it because I don't live paycheck to paycheck, but if you are being pressured to give a short notice period to your current employer, be aware that it could get held up. Ultimately I believe it took somewhere around 6 weeks for my DCF background check to go through (the rest of the background checks were far more timely). If you go you will learn that rules are followed to the letter of the law and not in the spirit of the law. I found it especially amusing that they insisted on the DCF check going through before paying for my physical and drug test because I was working with a DCF funded program at my prior employer.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had a conflict with a coworker in the past and if so how did you resolve the situation?   Answer Question

File Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, CT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at State of Connecticut (Manchester, CT).

Interview

Brief and to the point. Kind and silly. Putting me at ease with the interview. The manager who interviewed me was very much down to earth. It was pretty painless and I wish more interview were like that one. I will say I was offed an internship first before a full-time position.