State of Connecticut Licensed Clinical Social Worker Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Licensed Clinical Social Worker

State of Connecticut Licensed Clinical Social Worker Interview Questions

Interviews at State of Connecticut

1 Interview Review

Licensed Clinical Social Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norwich, CT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State of Connecticut (Norwich, CT) in September 2016.

Interview

I completed a lengthy application and emailed it to HR along with my resume and cover letter. A couple weeks after I applied I was called and offered an interview for the following week. I went to the office and was greeted by a manager, program supervisor, and human resources representative. The interview was somewhat awkward as they have a list of questions they must ask all candidates, even if the topic was already discussed. In order to be "fair" each ihterviewer writes down your responses to the questions so they can all later rate you. I felt very comfortable once I got started as they tried to keep it light/low pressure. They did ask some standard job interview questions, but some related to the role. They asked about past difficult experiences, how I would respond to a crisis vignette, what I enjoy about the population, and how I handled a past disagreement with a coworker. When I was done, I was able to ask questions. I was shocked to hear that I would not have a second interview with the team I was interviewing to work with. A week and a half later I received a phone call asking if I would accept the position. I asked more HR questions and accepted the position, giving 3.5 weeks notice as they pressured me to start ASAP. I then learned that I would have to complete a physical and drug test at a walk in center, but they were waiting on my DCF background check in order to send me for the physical and drug test. This held me up, so I had a two week break before starting this job. I was happy for the break, but some people would struggle to go two weeks without working when the state already holds paychecks back two weeks so you receive your first paycheck 4 weeks after your start date. I was fine with it because I don't live paycheck to paycheck, but if you are being pressured to give a short notice period to your current employer, be aware that it could get held up. Ultimately I believe it took somewhere around 6 weeks for my DCF background check to go through (the rest of the background checks were far more timely). If you go you will learn that rules are followed to the letter of the law and not in the spirit of the law. I found it especially amusing that they insisted on the DCF check going through before paying for my physical and drug test because I was working with a DCF funded program at my prior employer.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had a conflict with a coworker in the past and if so how did you resolve the situation?   Answer Question