State of Florida Interview Questions | Glassdoor

State of Florida Interview Questions

Updated Mar 29, 2017

2.7

Economic Self Sufficiency I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at State of Florida.

Interview

You had to get an 80% on the skills assessment. Then they will give you a two question writing assessment. They will then give you a paper application to fill out. You need to make sure there are no gaps in employment am you have 3 work references they can reach by phone. The interview consists of 6 questions, 3 interviewers

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you had a problem arise and your supervisor wasn't available?   Answer Question

Dental Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at State of Florida (New York, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

Several pages of questions and review board interview. Vigorous application process. Long background check. Fingerprinting. Phone and email interviews, in person interview and panel interview. Many manh steps to work for the state.

Human Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State of Florida (Orlando, FL).

Interview

I applied and a few weeks got call for an interview 2 weeks later. Had a interview with an panel of 3, they asked 11 questions that had multiple questions within one. A little nerve wrecking cause they dont emotions while interviewing.

Interview Questions

• If I a clone the perfect insurance agent, what qualities would they have. And what would I tell them about HIPPA?   Answer Question

Claims Examiner- Disability Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at State of Florida (Jacksonville, FL) in July 2016.

Interview

I was called in to take the work study test and approximately 2 weeks later I was invited to come in for an interview. The interview was pretty direct and to the point. They pretty much asked my qualifications, explained the hours of operation window, advised the rate of pay, and basically to sell myself. I was told that a decision would be made within the next week or two, so I'm waiting to see if I was chosen for the position.

Fiscal Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tallahassee, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at State of Florida (Tallahassee, FL).

Interview

After applying online, I was called 4 months later for an interview. I interviewed with 2 executives in a group setting. They had me give them a run down on my resume/application and then asked questions of me pertaining to the position. It was very smooth and very comfortable and I was confident when I left that they liked me and knew that I had experience for the position.

Interview Questions

• If you see these codes, what would you think they are for?
      Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Interview

In-person interview. Go through the application/ resume. Asked questions regarding the job description, skills, knowledge, and behavioral questions. It took 4 to 6 weeks for overall process (interview and paper work) depends on the agency/ organization sometime it may takes 2 months. Also have it go through the background check (finger prints)

Government Operations Consultant II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tallahassee, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at State of Florida (Tallahassee, FL) in April 2016.

Interview

First interview was a telephone interview which lasted 1 hour. Second interview was in-person interview, followed by a tour of the department, a 10 minute PowerPoint presentation and an additional interview from all department members. The second interview totaled about 3 and a half hours. Both interviews were scheduled by e-mail.

Interview Questions

• How would you implement local services on a state level?   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Palm Beach, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at State of Florida (West Palm Beach, FL).

Interview

Meet with 4 people in Group Setting, Then asked various questions regarding knowledge of job description, Various questions regarding my work experience, asked if I had transportation, asked if I was okay to go from PGA to Delray Beach if needed.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell us what the Job duties are? Are you a teamplayer? Give an example of time when you had to deal with difficult customer in the past and how did you handle it.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at State of Florida in December 2015.

Interview

Applied online at People First website. Three days later I was sent an email asking me to complete an online behavioral assessment. I waited about a month for an interview. It was a panel interview and a written component. I was emailed a contingent offer and the paperwork to complete my background check two days after my interview.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you disagreed with a supervisor, and how did you handle it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. $39,600 is the salary.

IT Project Manager Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at State of Florida in December 2015.

Interview

Applied online via People First (state job portal)
    Contacted by an HR representative of the agency that was hiring
    Schedules and attended a single, in-person interview at the agency which was hiring. The interviewers were a mix of technical and management personnel

Interview Questions

This review represents about 6 interviews across the past few years, all with the same approach and results. The common problem is that the State simply cannot afford these skilled positions - project manger, software developer, DBA, etc. The maximum budgeted salary is usually 25% below the median salary for the area and the area is already 25% below the median for the southeastern US region.