State of Florida Interview Questions | Glassdoor

State of Florida Interview Questions

Interviews at State of Florida

2.8

Laboratory Technician I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at State of Florida in April 2020.

Interview

Phone interview was easy and casual. Took about 30 minutes. There was one person asking the questions on the interview and other people were listening at the same time.

Interview Questions

• What is something you think will be easy/difficult for you in this job?   Answer Question

Communications Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tallahassee, FL

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at State of Florida (Tallahassee, FL).

Interview

I was an out of town, recent college graduate applicant and drove 300 miles to this interview at the Department of Management Services. Someone led me into the interview room without telling me who I would be interviewing with (since the original scheduled person was out of town). I sat down and was confused because 3 people were writing on the white board. I thought I had interrupted a meeting so I mistakenly sat there and felt dumb. The entire interview process was very rushed and haphazard. Towards the end, they ask me to complete three communications task and email it to them tomorrow. I did this to the best of my ability. However, I did not get a rejection letter or any response to the position I applied for. To top things off, I also interviewed with an administrative assistant position for this same particular department in the State of Florida. They did not get back to me either. Clearly, this department certainly lacks communication skills and overall consideration. Don’t waste your time applying here or else they will give you work to do for them for free, then ghost you.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State of Florida.

Interview

It took approximately one month before I was called to interview. After the interview it took three months before I was offered the position and two months for the completion of the background check and fingerprinting. I was then given a hire date.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you resolved an issue with a positive outcome?   Answer Question

Regulatory Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at State of Florida (Gainesville, FL).

Interview

Length process from the time the position closes, next call to interview then HR does background check. The entire process is not fast. Dont get discouraged if you dont get a call immediately for a position you applied for.

Senior Clerk Interview

Interview

Three people bring you to a conference room to ask you questions with regards to experience and goals. They also write down notes on the responses you have for their questions.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself five years from now? Why did you apply for this job? What relevant work experience do you that pertains to this job?   Answer Question

Government Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tallahassee, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at State of Florida (Tallahassee, FL) in February 2019.

Interview

Met with two representatives of the Victim Advocacy department. One person refused to make eye contact throughout. They "require" official transcripts which cost $ but neither they nor their assistant requested it during the meeting/visit. Also, the transcript requirement was communicated but with not enough notice to obtain by mail. Obtaining the document required additional travel, time, and cost.

She asked if I brought completed documents. Her coworker answered, "The email (to me) did not go through." My email works fine. No documents were provided prior. (Keep in mind emails create documentation.)

Was assigned a 45 minute skill test to write a QA manual on a 2 inch stack of legal documents (court filings, communication, budgets, etc.). No interview questions concerned legal documents. No other instructions provided even upon request for "What are you looking for?"

"That's what the test is for." It's, "Here is this stack of documents you've never seen. Write a quality assurance procedure for it." You will never know if you were the only candidate whom did not receive complete instructions but it's possible.

Anyone can FOIA any Florida personnel action request each position requires as well as interviewers' notes.

****Honorably-discharged veterans: OAG/DLA does not use a scoring procedure to provide the point preference Florida Statute Title XX Chapter 295 requires.****

Both Victim Advocacy people are nonresponsive even after the notice period they set.

Economic Self Sufficiency Specialist I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at State of Florida (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in August 2018.

Interview

Interviewed by two low energy supervisors. They took turns asking “situation/what if question”. Wasn’t hired because one of the ladies flat out told me that the position was data entry and I was basically overqualified. I guess they are looking for people with no aspirations to work until they are dried and have low energy.

Interview Questions

• Situational questions were asked as well as education background.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at State of Florida in August 2018.

Interview

I applied online and was called in for an interview after about two weeks. The interview went well and I was offered the position about a week later.

Interview Questions

• Name a person that you admire and explain why.   1 Answer

ESS1 Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riviera Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at State of Florida (Riviera Beach, FL) in May 2018.

Interview

1. Assessment 2. Panel Interview (2) 3. Background Check

After passing assessment, passing interview & completing background check NO FOLLOW UP

No Email/Phone Call OVER Month

Told they were looking to start training around Memorial Day Weekend
    4th of July Weekend around corner STILL nothing

Disappointing

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to deal with an upset client   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Palm Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State of Florida (West Palm Beach, FL).

Interview

Interviewer was very intimidating. She made the job seem miuch harder than it really is and made it appear that you had to have some form of special degree to do the job.

Interview Questions

• How will my education contribute to the success of everyday operations?   Answer Question