State of Georgia Department of Human Resources Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at State of Georgia Department of Human Resources

2.6

Sort:

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at State of Georgia Department of Human Resources (Dallas, GA) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview process was conducted with a panel of 4 staff (one manager and three unit supervisors). The process was semi formal and took approximately 45 minutes. Each staff member asked a series of performance based interview questions

Interview Questions

• Describe a specific time in which you had a difficult time or conflict with a co worker and the steps you took to handle it   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at State of Georgia Department of Human Resources (Atlanta, GA) in November 2014.

Interview

I was hired through a group job fair. We were emailed a private invitation to attend a DHS job fair with instructions to fill out new hire paperwork packets. At the job fair, recruiters collected all paperwork packets and gave us 3 sets of tests. The first test was behavioral, the second was computer competency and the last was mathematics. Those who passed all three tests were given an onsite interview with an HR employee and then taken into a room for fingerprinting. We were notified of the hiring decision with 48 hours.

Case Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State of Georgia Department of Human Resources.

Interview

Basic situational interview with questions about how you handle certain situations. Group interview with 2 supervisors and 1 manager. Approximately 10 questions. Many questions about how you deal with irate customers, handle stress, and your work ethic.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you dealt with a difficult client, how did you resolve the issue?
      How do you handle stress?   Answer Question

Section Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at State of Georgia Department of Human Resources in January 2011.

Interview

Telephone screening, then invited to in person panel interview with 3 staff. Invited for final interview with director. It was fairly formal, set of questions, each person seemed to rotate questioning. Mostly related to job, a few more personal questions - hobbies, etc.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your self; what were some examples of when you did "x".   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. Frowned upon.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at State of Georgia Department of Human Resources (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

I went through a Panel interview, where they asked a series of questions relevant to the position. Everyone was very professional without feeling intimidating. I connected right away with the group. The interview lasted about 1.5 hours.

Interview Questions

• Why do you feel you are the best fit for the role?   1 Answer

Application

Interview

Telephone Interview only, I was interviewed by two people, a supervisor and a administrator. About two days later I received an offer letter via e-mail and I accepted, went to a 1 week training that was very easy.

Data Entry Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Macon, GA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at State of Georgia Department of Human Resources (Macon, GA).

Interview

complete test in Atl, Ga., name was placed on the state registry, when the score they were looking for matched my name I was requested to come in for an interview. I was Interviewed by a 3 person panel

Interview Questions

• All questions wre in general   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at State of Georgia Department of Human Resources in July 2012.

Interview

The interview was a panel interview. The Service Delivery manager, The Contact Center Manager, The Regional Director, and the Deputy Commissioner interviewed.The interview was 2 parts. The first part involved a test of excel knowledge and a powerpoint presentation. The second part involved specific questions about analysis, theoretical assessments, identifying trends and possible issues by reviewing data.

Interview Questions

• The interview questions are directly related to the position and experience with numbers, analysis, logic, and theory.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The salary and job description were non negotiable.

Social Services Case Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Macon, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at State of Georgia Department of Human Resources (Macon, GA) in September 2016.

Interview

Put in application, took a while to get back to me. So long that I forgot that I applied. Did a telephone interview and came in. 3 person panel asking questions about different situations. That was on a Friday. On Monday received request to fill out documents for a background check and references. My references held up the process. Still waiting on response, hopefully an offer

Social Services Case Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newnan, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at State of Georgia Department of Human Resources (Newnan, GA) in July 2016.

Interview

You apply online and they call you for an interview. I interviewed with an Administrative person and a case manager. I thought that was a little odd. Submit resume online and someone will call you if qualified. Then They email you a list of docs to bring to the interview.

Interview Questions

• What make you different from other candidates
      Tell me about yourself