State of Georgia Department of Human Resources Interview Questions | Glassdoor

State of Georgia Department of Human Resources Interview Questions

2.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Macon, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at State of Georgia Department of Human Resources (Macon, GA) in September 2016.

Interview

Put in application, took a while to get back to me. So long that I forgot that I applied. Did a telephone interview and came in. 3 person panel asking questions about different situations. That was on a Friday. On Monday received request to fill out documents for a background check and references. My references held up the process. Still waiting on response, hopefully an offer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newnan, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at State of Georgia Department of Human Resources (Newnan, GA) in July 2016.

Interview

You apply online and they call you for an interview. I interviewed with an Administrative person and a case manager. I thought that was a little odd. Submit resume online and someone will call you if qualified. Then They email you a list of docs to bring to the interview.

Interview Questions

• What make you different from other candidates
      Tell me about yourself
      what does customer service means
      Answer Question

Case Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State of Georgia Department of Human Resources.

Interview

Basic situational interview with questions about how you handle certain situations. Group interview with 2 supervisors and 1 manager. Approximately 10 questions. Many questions about how you deal with irate customers, handle stress, and your work ethic.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you dealt with a difficult client, how did you resolve the issue?
      How do you handle stress?
      Answer Question

Social Services Supervisor Interview

Interview

One group interview was conducted with twenty candidates present for the group interview. The interview was conducted by the interviewer asking general questions and allowing every one to answer the same question. The interviewer asked questions about past experiences working with families, children, court system, juvenile justice and numerous questions about how you handle stressful situations.

Interview Questions

Location was not where I expected.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at State of Georgia Department of Human Resources (Atlanta, GA) in December 2014.

Interview

The interview process included a panel of four people, they took a few weeks to get back to me. You must do a drug screen, live scan, make sure your references are up to date.

Interview Questions

• What interaction have you had with children and their parents?   Answer Question
    • How did you deal with a conflict between you and the parent   Answer Question

Document Specialist Interview

Application

Interview

Telephone Interview only, I was interviewed by two people, a supervisor and a administrator. About two days later I received an offer letter via e-mail and I accepted, went to a 1 week training that was very easy.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at State of Georgia Department of Human Resources (Atlanta, GA) in December 2012.

Interview

Telephone call, then interview. Interview was with a 3 person panel. They each rotated questions about skills and agency values. Over all it was difficult because you received no feedback. As you are answering a question, all three of them would be writting your response word for word. No eye contact was made and no feedback was given.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Waiting period.

Child Support Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at State of Georgia Department of Human Resources (Atlanta, GA) in June 2012.

Interview

There were multiple people present during the interview, including the office manager, the supervisors, and an additional agent. They were very friendly and seemed genuinely interested in my prior experience and other parts of my resume. They spent a lot of time going over the dress code and made me think that there has been a problem recently with people dressing inappropriately at work. They were also very honest about the fact that there hand't been any raises in a long time and not to expect my compensation to go up any time soon (which was a little odd since I didn't bring it up).

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable working with Judges and Attorneys?   Answer Question

Social Services Treatment Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State of Georgia Department of Human Resources (Atlanta, GA) in September 2010.

Interview

It was a one time interview with multiple interviewers. They were professional and formal. At the time I could not get a feel for their impression impression of me. Very little affect.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There wash't much. They had my previous salary and seemed set in what they were willing to offer.

Standards Surveyor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ months. I interviewed at State of Georgia Department of Human Resources (Atlanta, GA) in October 2009.

Interview

The process was a long one. I applied for the position in September, interviewed in October, and was hired in April. The problem is that with government jobs, there are often hiring freezes and unfortunately, I got caught up in one, so I am not sure if this time frame is standard. The interview was pretty standard, I met with one person and then was invited back for a second interview with that same person and the director. They were polite and made me feel very comfortable, felt this was a good interview experience.

Negotiation

There was no negotiation.