State of Hawaii Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.2

Sort:

Personal Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lihue, HI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at State of Hawaii (Lihue, HI) in June 2013.

Interview

No interview, mother knew my skills and offered me the position. I worked with the parent in another job so it was easy for her to see my skills and how that can benefit her child. So she offered me a positon.

Interview Questions

• What hours are you available?   1 Answer

Engineer V Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State of Hawaii.

Interview

It takes forever for the state to get around to setting up interviews. Then they have a bunch of pre-arranged questions where they are looking for answers that only someone already working the position would know. After the interview it takes months for them to notify you of their decision.

Interview Questions

• What is the process for applying for a FAA AIP grant?   1 Answer

Cashier II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State of Hawaii (Honolulu, HI) in August 2017.

Interview

Interview process was relatively easy but I thought it was stupid that they repeatedly used unnecessarily long sentences to to make easy questions into WTF questions. There were three people on the panel. Each asked me to give them answers to the different scenarios that they posed.

Interview Questions

• Beware of the written test: you better have some basic accounting skills under your belt   Answer Question

Legislative Aide Interview

Anonymous Employee in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at State of Hawaii (Honolulu, HI).

Interview

I was contacted within two weeks of applying. The interview was very informal and asking questions is encouraged. Prior experience working at the Legislature is helpful because the structure of the session timetable can be confusing. It doesn't hurt to do some research about legislators or political issues before the interview.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at State of Hawaii (Honolulu, HI) in February 2017.

Interview

Board comprised of managers. Panel interview over a period of several hours. This was a structured interview, with each panel member reading questions off of a script. They then commented on my responses.

Land Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State of Hawaii.

Interview

The State of Hawaii's job postings are complete nonsense. I applied for a position designated SR-16, which serves in a "trainee" capacity. However, the job requirements stated that you needed to have at least 6 months doing the job that you were applying to become a trainee for.

Human Resources clearly goes through a lot of applications, but it would be better if the applications went straight to department heads themselves as they are better able to look at a person's resume and tell if they would be a good fit (or have the potential to be a good fit) for their department. Instead, what the state has is one person (Ms. Chock), who basically looks at a resume and then looks at a checklist and if the words on your resume do not EXACTLY match her checklist, she'll mark you as ineligible.

Interview Questions

• No interview, she said that my resume didn't show that I had experience to become a trainee   Answer Question

DISABILITY CLAIMS SPECIALIST (PROFESSIONAL TRAINEE I) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at State of Hawaii (Honolulu, HI) in April 2014.

Interview

I was invited to interview on a panel with 3 total interviewers who took turns asking me questions regarding my experience working with paperwork and health related matters. After that they directed me to a cubical in which a task was written for me on a small sheet of paper. It gave me an example of a case and asked me to write a letter from scratch (no template) responding to a disability claim. This was an entry level job in which they were supposed to spend 6 months to train me how to write letters, not sure why it was part of the interview.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you saw a senior employee committing a fraudulent act?   Answer Question

House of Representative, I Forgot Exact Title Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at State of Hawaii (Honolulu, HI) in November 2011.

Interview

You go through 2 interview. The first part of the interview, the secretary of the office will interview you. Once you clear through that and get the approval, the following week after, you have a second interview. Afterwards, you will get an interview from the representative that you will be working under and he will give you an interview.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at State of Hawaii in November 2017.

Interview

Three-person panel with Q&A for 45 - 60 minutes followed by a short written test. Before the interview, had to fill out a form that was essentially a paper version of the online form.

Interview Questions

• What sort of people do you have difficulty getting along with and how do you deal with them?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a difficult situation and how you handled it.   Answer Question
    • How would you feel if your supervisor asked you to take on duties that were not part of your official job description?   Answer Question

Information Technology Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State of Hawaii (Honolulu, HI) in August 2018.

Interview

Initial phone interview was with a panel of 2. Technical questions were asked. Second interview was in person with a panel of 3 and about expectations and availability dates.

Interview Questions

• What would you prioritize meeting a predefined deadline when suddenly faced with a new critical issue?   Answer Question