State of Idaho Interview Questions | Glassdoor

State of Idaho Interview Questions

Updated Nov 3, 2016

3.1

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at State of Idaho.

Interview

3-person panel interview. Each person introduced themselves to me and told me what they did, then asked me to tell them something about myself and why I was interested in the position. There were several scenarios that were explained and then I was given time to respond to each one. Since a test was required on the State site before I was even got on the hiring list given to this agency, I knew I was already one of the top candidates.

Interview Questions

• I think something like explain a time where I worked as a team member and how did I contribute.
      They asked the standard question of me to tell them something about myself
      1 Answer

Technical Records Specialist I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boise, ID

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at State of Idaho (Boise, ID).

Interview

I was called by a supervisor (who became my supervisor) to ask me if I would like an interview. I did not have to wait long either! I had the interview later that day and was offered the job shortly after the interview.

Interview Questions

• I was asked if I was an analytical type of person.   1 Answer

Administrative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boise, ID

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at State of Idaho (Boise, ID) in August 2015.

Interview

The interview was a panel interview of 3 and consisted of typical behavioral and situational questions. I was asked to bring examples of work I have done. The overall experience was pleasant. Occasionally I was asked to elaborate on a certain question for clarity. The interviewers were nice and professional. I was told that I would be contacted if I got the position or not. For a state job the process is relatively quick. I waited about a month to be called for an interview. Once interviewed I was offered the position a week later.

Videographer Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at State of Idaho.

Interview

Two interviews are conducted before a group of five people - first interview takes place in a conference room where they divulge personality traits, skill sets, and work under pressure. Second interview is held in an edit bay where more show-inclusive questions are asked and you are evaluated on your use of show content.

Interview Questions

• "Specifically tell us about an experience of how you handled a difficult individual who you just didn't get along with and how would you apply that to this job?"   Answer Question

Web Developer Interview

Interview

Contacted by HR after applying by website. Whole interview process took 2 weeks . Everybody to whom I met was really friendly. After 2 weeks , meeting to several people including tech team, team lead , manager , they decided to offer job to me.

Interview Questions

• nothing was unexpected . Very much based on web programming concept like session , asp.net   Answer Question

Human Resources Specialist, Senior Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at State of Idaho (Boise, ID) in October 2013.

Interview

Interesting setup. First, there's an online test. If you score high enough, you will get called in for an interview.

Because the Division of HR is so small, they run *3 rounds* of panel interviews. Each round has 3 people in the panel, and that's a third of the entire division. Makes sense, though, you cannot afford personality conflicts in an office that small. Especially not when the entire state government is dependent on those 9-10 people for good advice with massive cost and potential legal exposure.

Lots of "tell us about the time when you..." questions, nothing particularly challenging. Anyone with ~5 years experience in HR should be able to have multiple answers for any one of those questions.

Interview Questions

• My personal most difficult question was actually on the written test to qualify for interviews, and then the followup in the interviews. They wanted to know about my experience administering a defined-benefits retirement plan (gotta love State employment). I sorta have experience there, but not at the level of making recommendations for what those defined benefits should be. All my experience was how to apply for and get all those defined benefits out of Uncle Sam, which isn't exactly what they were looking for.   1 Answer

Section Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at State of Idaho (Boise, ID) in November 2011.

Interview

A teenager called me the day before Thanksgiving. The interview was very average. The typical questions as what are your strengths and your weaknesses. What did you like most about your job and what did you like least. The interview lasted like 30 minutes and when I made a comment that she probably wanted to go home for the holidays she replied she was tired of doing the interview job.

Interview Questions

• The positions offers $25.35 per hour, would this salary be OK for you?   1 Answer
    • What you dislike most about your last job?   1 Answer

Certified Family Home Interview

Anonymous Employee in Coeur d'Alene, ID

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at State of Idaho (Coeur d'Alene, ID) in January 2011.

Interview

Had to do an application, then was called for a interview for certified family home, was explained to me the whole process of becoming a certified family home. Next I called in to bring the resident in to do a assessment to see if they would qualify for a DDA waiver, which they did. Then I had to get my home certified, there's a list at the state website. then they did an inspection. and I became a certified family home.