State of Illinois Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 21, 2017

2.7

Social Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at State of Illinois (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Brief, concise, and very structured. Both panelist were very nice and inviting. However, both presented themselves in a professional manner. Panelist recorded my answers verbatim, which was a little different. However, I enjoyed the process.

Interview Questions

• How would resolve issue with upset client.   1 Answer

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State of Illinois.

Interview

Typically at least two people at the interview. They are acting like a robot that says the same sentence again and again if you ask them to. THey won't explain what does it means if you don't understand.

Issues Staffer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at State of Illinois (Chicago, IL) in October 2017.

Interview

I was invited to an individual interview with a member of the speaker's communications department, I was interviewed by 3 staff members at once in an interview that lasted over an hour. I want then given a written test that was taken on a computer in the office. Overall the process lasted about 3 hours. I was called back a couple weeks later and invited to interview at the state capitol in Spingfield. I was interviewed by another 3 members and the director of the department. At this second interview there was a second writing exam. I got called back the next day and offered a job.

Interview Questions

• Predictions for an upcoming governors race?   1 Answer

Caseworker Bilingual Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at State of Illinois (Chicago, IL).

Interview

The process started by filling out an online application. After 2-3 weeks got a grade which indicated if your qualify for the position. I got an A, waited approximately 2weeks for an appointment interview. Went to two different interviews, bc my position was bilingual had to take a Spanish English reading and writing examen and face to face conversations in English and Spanish. After that got my second interview where I was ask about different kind of scenarios in the social worker field.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a client that don't understand the benefit policies establish by the state, and is getting loud and agitated.   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Interview

Higher level interviews in the Rauner administration are very professional and what you'd expect. The interview process required by CMS is ok, but CMS does a poor job of handling the process, takes too long, and is not a well run personnel organization.

Social Worker I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at State of Illinois (Chicago, IL) in April 2017.

Interview

Upward Mobility Program has titles available and they rate your qualifications based on information about experience and education. They grade eligibility on a scale A, B, C or D. You must score a B or better to qualify for the job.

Office Associate Interview

Interview

After taking test, you get put on a list. Eventually you get a letter in the mail notifying of an interview. Schedule interview. Have the interview. Then receive a call or letter.

Social Services Career Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at State of Illinois (Chicago, IL) in September 2016.

Interview

I interviewed in Chicago which was not the location of the position. There were two interviewers present and one over the phone from the actual office that gave over view of the position. I was told the same questions were asked to each applicant and there was a desired response wanted. They stated they would rate your answers and who ever had the top score would get the position. They would repeat interview questions but no clarification was provided.

Interview Questions

• 1. What is welfare reform?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time you had to explain something complex in a simple manner?   Answer Question

Office Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Braidwood, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at State of Illinois (Braidwood, IL) in September 2016.

Interview

I received a letter stating that I needed to call for an interview in Chicago. (Not where job is). On that day I sat at a table across from two ladies and was told about the job and then one said 'we will ask you some questions. We ask everyone the same questions. The person who's answers we like best will get the job'. They were not friendly or rude but just like robots. They wrote down how I responded to questions. Being they were trying to write down what I said I kept my answers short. Not sure if that was a good or bad thing. When it was over they said It would be appropriately 3 weeks, maybe sooner before I would either get a call to be offered the job or a rejection letter. They said good luck and I was motioned to leave.

Interview Questions

• What computer programs do you use and what do you use them for. (I have a lot so it's hard to remember them all. They won't let you look at your resume during the interview)   Answer Question
    • If you have a job assignment that has a strict deadline and you won't make it. What do you do?   Answer Question

Budget Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State of Illinois.

Interview

The interview process occurred after initially submitting my resume, cover letter, and writing sample online. The structure of the interview was a panel interview. The three of them asked questions regarding technical experience and personality traits. The panel rotated responsibility in asking the questions. There were a few obscure questions thrown in at the end that really makes you think. They required a excel skills test at the end of the in person interview. The skills test seemed to be more about following instructions.

Interview Questions

• Explain your experience using relevant systems that are beneficial to this position   Answer Question