State of Illinois Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 22, 2017

2.7

Social Worker I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at State of Illinois (Chicago, IL) in April 2017.

Interview

Upward Mobility Program has titles available and they rate your qualifications based on information about experience and education. They grade eligibility on a scale A, B, C or D. You must score a B or better to qualify for the job.

Office Associate Interview

Interview

After taking test, you get put on a list. Eventually you get a letter in the mail notifying of an interview. Schedule interview. Have the interview. Then receive a call or letter.

Office Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Braidwood, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at State of Illinois (Braidwood, IL) in September 2016.

Interview

I received a letter stating that I needed to call for an interview in Chicago. (Not where job is). On that day I sat at a table across from two ladies and was told about the job and then one said 'we will ask you some questions. We ask everyone the same questions. The person who's answers we like best will get the job'. They were not friendly or rude but just like robots. They wrote down how I responded to questions. Being they were trying to write down what I said I kept my answers short. Not sure if that was a good or bad thing. When it was over they said It would be appropriately 3 weeks, maybe sooner before I would either get a call to be offered the job or a rejection letter. They said good luck and I was motioned to leave.

Interview Questions

• What computer programs do you use and what do you use them for. (I have a lot so it's hard to remember them all. They won't let you look at your resume during the interview)   Answer Question
    • If you have a job assignment that has a strict deadline and you won't make it. What do you do?   Answer Question

Social Services Career Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at State of Illinois (Chicago, IL) in September 2016.

Interview

I interviewed in Chicago which was not the location of the position. There were two interviewers present and one over the phone from the actual office that gave over view of the position. I was told the same questions were asked to each applicant and there was a desired response wanted. They stated they would rate your answers and who ever had the top score would get the position. They would repeat interview questions but no clarification was provided.

Interview Questions

• 1. What is welfare reform?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time you had to explain something complex in a simple manner?   Answer Question

Budget Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State of Illinois.

Interview

The interview process occurred after initially submitting my resume, cover letter, and writing sample online. The structure of the interview was a panel interview. The three of them asked questions regarding technical experience and personality traits. The panel rotated responsibility in asking the questions. There were a few obscure questions thrown in at the end that really makes you think. They required a excel skills test at the end of the in person interview. The skills test seemed to be more about following instructions.

Interview Questions

• Explain your experience using relevant systems that are beneficial to this position   Answer Question

Multiple Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at State of Illinois.

Interview

Canned questions approved by HR - Education/Skills, Knowledge/Experience, Strengths/Weaknesses. Questions are pretty standard. Starts out with tell us about your background and moves forward to questions one should expect at any inteview. If the posting requires specific knowledge about statutes/rules - interviewee will be asked experience in those areas.

Financial Analyst Interview

Interview

It was frustrating with no flexibility for the guys interviewing. It took about four months after application to be called for an interview. Then, things moved fairly quickly been with the state

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairview Heights, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at State of Illinois (Fairview Heights, IL) in July 2015.

Interview

Met at a hotel as she was from Nashville and doing a recruiting trip. Called back with a question about immediate availability with a return call saying she had hired someone else.

Interview Questions

• If I was physically fit enough to do the job.   1 Answer

Capital Program Analyst Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at State of Illinois (Springfield, IL) in July 2015.

Interview

- Submitted CMS-100 Application for the Trainee Title directly to the agency.
    - Routan Interview - They ask you standard previously written questions. No deviation from the original question. They will only repeat the question, not explain it further.
    - Offer Letter (includes salary information in the offer letter)

You can access job card information for the State of Illinois at workforillinois.gov

Interpreter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at State of Illinois in May 2015.

Interview

I submitted application online, 4 weeks later, I got a phone call to ask me to the interview. There were three persons. I was asked about my education background and some working experience related questions. I had about 10 questions. It lasted for half an hour. But if you want to talk more, it could last longer.