State of Illinois Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at State of Illinois

2.6

Correctional Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Elgin, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at State of Illinois (Elgin, IL) in July 2013.

Interview

All day screening process. Weeded out the uneducated, but from what I understand now, they're begging for bodies so if you have a heart beat, you pretty much got the job.

Social Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at State of Illinois (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Brief, concise, and very structured. Both panelist were very nice and inviting. However, both presented themselves in a professional manner. Panelist recorded my answers verbatim, which was a little different. However, I enjoyed the process.

Interview Questions

• How would resolve issue with upset client.   1 Answer

Assistant Attorney General Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at State of Illinois (Chicago, IL) in June 2009.

Interview

Easy. Met with two higher ups and made them laugh and they hired me.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Ok. Asked for more pay but they resisted my attempts for more money.

Interpreter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at State of Illinois in May 2015.

Interview

I submitted application online, 4 weeks later, I got a phone call to ask me to the interview. There were three persons. I was asked about my education background and some working experience related questions. I had about 10 questions. It lasted for half an hour. But if you want to talk more, it could last longer.

Information Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at State of Illinois (Springfield, IL).

Interview

The process takes about 8 weeks, because for IT positions, the state requires approval grades, questionnaires, and personal interviews. The correspondence is all done by mail. 6 weeks to answer their questions and information retrieval. 2 weeks after interview for hiring decision based on interview and background check. No drug test.

Interview Questions

• Casual formalities and greetings. The structural interview was rigid and purely objective, but this is standard procedure because of some lawsuit back in the day. The questions were pretty easy. Describe what happens with this piece of code. Define projects you've completed in the past. Define different software developing architectural patterns...   1 Answer

Negotiation

My first salary job, so there was no negotiation. I was happy with what they determined to pay me.

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State of Illinois.

Interview

Typically at least two people at the interview. They are acting like a robot that says the same sentence again and again if you ask them to. THey won't explain what does it means if you don't understand.

Staff Development Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at State of Illinois (Springfield, IL) in January 2009.

Interview

A member of the panel called to set up the interview a week in advance offering a choice of days and times. There was only one interview which was scored by category on a point system. Categories included one's education and experiece for posted job. Check the State's web-site for title specifications which will list detailed job duty and responsibility information. My perception of the panel was that indepent judgment of their pick was fairly limited to a set of best, good and average expected answers. The culture of the office seems carefully controlled and standing out too much is not considered a great thing.

Interview Questions

• Tell us how you would solve an information sharing problem we are having. Be specific.   1 Answer

Negotiation

One may negotiate up to a 10% increase of current salary. Look at the salary ranges of various titles before the interview so you know what you have to work with.

Debt Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Deerfield, IL

Interview

After one week of submitting a resume, I was called for an interview with the Director and Managers. The interview was very informative. I was offered a position within 2 weeks and accepted.

Financial Analyst Interview

Interview

It was frustrating with no flexibility for the guys interviewing. It took about four months after application to be called for an interview. Then, things moved fairly quickly been with the state

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairview Heights, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at State of Illinois (Fairview Heights, IL) in July 2015.

Interview

Met at a hotel as she was from Nashville and doing a recruiting trip. Called back with a question about immediate availability with a return call saying she had hired someone else.

Interview Questions

• If I was physically fit enough to do the job.   1 Answer